michaelb123 is offline New Member

Help getting ready for the beach

I am going to Fort Lauderdale and Key West for Memorial Day weekend and really want to look my best. This gives me 9 days. I am 170 and 15% BF. I really want to be at 10% BF for the beach. I know it's asking a lot, but who has ideas. Please only positive responses, no need to tell me it's impossible-even if it is.

Here are my thoughts:
    5% BF=8.5 pounds
    normal weight loss is 2 pounds per week or 2.5 for 9 days.
    If I do a ton of cardio every day and lift weights 7 of those 9 days I may just make it. Thoughts?

Oh, and my diet is absolutely perfect--I could write a book on how to lose weight with the diet I use.

I am using the appropriate supplements to promote fat loss.

Also, what would happen if I went for a walk at 8:00 a.m. and kept walking until 8:00 p.m. (stopping for food and bathroom). Would this just cut water weight or could it help shed maybe 1% of BF?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Its impossible to go from 15% to 10% in 9 days at 170, any weight really.
    your second post is not efficient way to lose weight at all. You will not be able to make much difference in 9 days.

Post your "absolutely perfect" diet. If it was you'd know the challenge of trying to do what you are doing, and would probably already be 10-12%.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelb123 View Post
    I am going to Fort Lauderdale and Key West for Memorial Day weekend and really want to look my best. This gives me 9 days. I am 170 and 15% BF. I really want to be at 10% BF for the beach. I know it's asking a lot, but who has ideas. Please only positive responses, no need to tell me it's impossible-even if it is.

Here are my thoughts:
    5% BF=8.5 pounds
    normal weight loss is 2 pounds per week or 2.5 for 9 days.
    If I do a ton of cardio every day and lift weights 7 of those 9 days I may just make it. Thoughts?

Oh, and my diet is absolutely perfect--I could write a book on how to lose weight with the diet I use.

I am using the appropriate supplements to promote fat loss.
    i am absolutely positive that your goal is impossible bro..sorry man but it is what it is...why did you not consider doing something about this a few months ago...just to give you an example i resently went for a bike ride that consisted of 35 miles with lots of hills, it took me 4 hours and i lost a total of maybee 2 lbs and im on cycle and have a very strict diet...any weight you loose during your 9 day blitz will be mostly water cus thats what goes the first week imho..eather way you will accomplish something but dont expect a mirical...

Cement Head is offline New Member
    I am just wondering why you have 15% BF if you can write a book on dieting? Not being negative but to me you contradicted yourself with that statement. If you really want to lose the Bf look into what pro body builders do before a big show, I don't think you would have a good vacation if you did what they do. IMHO

I should have been a little more descriptive. I started the cutting cycle in February when I was 28% BF. I took measurements today and hit 14.5%. I don't think I have much water weight left. I do an hour of cardio in the morning and an hour of heavy lifting at night. My diet consists of only fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. Here is a typical day.

Breakfast: 300 calories of a lean protein or a protein bar. Also a fruit
    After workout: 250 calorie protein shake
    Late morning. 3 cups of romaine lettuce-sometimes with fat free dressing
    Early Afternoon: 400 calories of a lean protein
    Late afternoon: 3 cups romaine lettuce--sometimes with dressing and other vegetables.
    Early evening: 400 calories of a lean protein and a fruit
    After workout: 250 calories of a protein shake
    Late evening: 3 cups romaine lettuce, 15 salt free peanuts; maybe some low fast cheese and fat free dressing on the lettuce; sometimes add vegetables

I usually am in bed 3 hours after my last meal.

3 fruits= 300 calories-give or take
    salads=400 calories--give or take
    peanuts=150 calories

Total calories: 2450
    BMR=1750
    Cardio=1000 calories
    Weights=600 calories

2450-1750-1000-600= -900 (calorie deficit)--even if I'm wrong by 500 calories; I am still at a deficit

I was 185 back in February, and weight 167 in the morning, 170 at night. I drink 3 gallons of water a day. Is necessary with the fat cutting agents I use.

I'm going to try to beat the odds. I hope I can prove all of your wrong. I just want to see more of my abs. Oh, and I have been taking the BF measurements. Before I had a nutritionist do this. I'm going to have someone at the gym do it tonight to see how accurate I am.

Please rip this apart. I appreciate your knowledge.

cmdace18 is offline Junior Member
    fact; its impossible to lose 5% body fat in 9 days.

what you WANT to do is decrease water weight in your body, and get that "pumped look"

1. Decrease water intake starting 4 days before. Day 4, drink 4L of water, Day 3, Drink 3L of water, Day 2 Day 1L of water, and the day of only sips to keep the mouth wet.
    2. Cardio; You need 45 min fasted in the AM. THAT'S IT.
    3. Sodium; Gradually reduce until you are at 0 for 2 days
    4. Carbs; Decrease carbs as they hold water, gradually decrease so that the last day is 0. Fruits have carbs, cut them out.
    5. All workouts are bodyweight exercises only; dips, push ups, situps, pull ups, etc.
    6. Lastly, hit the sauna for 10 to 15 minutes after AM cardio, that will squeeze the water out.

On the 1st beach day from lack of water, have a sip of something sugary, you're body will tighen up like none other. You're good to go.

You'll lose 5 to 7lbs of water weight which will LOOK like youve lost some fat and are all cut. It's an illusion obviously, but its your quick fix.

These are water depleation techniques for hitting 1 or 2 day vaca. This is not fat loss, you will not make "gains", ONLY water weight. After the 1 or 2 days on the beach, back to regular diet.
    Last edited by cmdace18; 05-18-2011 at 11:17 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Do fasted cardio for a minimum of 45 minutes.........cut out the fruit and protein bar and less scoops in the shake and eat LEAN LEAN LEAN.....to get LEAN
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you all very much. Your right, it's not the BF, it's how lean and pumped I look. I'll work on BF for my vacation in June. Have a question about that. I have lost a ton of muscle getting lean. Is there a way to build it back without adding the fat back on? Should I cut to under 10% then bulk up until I hit 10% BF?

I was going to have a protein bar-gonna do egg whites instead. One scoop per shake-one shake per day. I'm not sure if you care, but I can keep you all posted. I am still going to try everything possible to get there. I have 8 days left.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May16.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	976.0 KB 
ID:	115591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feb2011.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	115592

Thread Information