dfwo is offline Associate Member

Looking for some 'where to start' basic advice

I'm 44 and doing TRT. I'm 6'5" and weigh around 315. In college I was around 230, so let's say I'm 85 pounds overweight.

I'm just out of shape and overweight and would like to start fixing that.

I have no idea, should I be doing cardio, weights, both? Focus more on one than the other? And besides just getting out and being more active, walking, etc (which is what I'm doing now), what might be a good starting point?

Thanks!

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is nothing to stop you doing both , if you start doing cardio first 30 to 40 minutes four times a week get your diet in check and bring your weight down first then you can look at a weight training program , it all depends on what you won't to do and how you won't to look
    Last edited by scorpion62; 04-24-2012 at 04:01 AM.

PumpMasterFlex is offline Junior Member
    Your diet is the most important aspect. Visit the nutrition forum and get everything straight there. Start gradual and work your way up; make sure not to burn yourself out and you'll do fine.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Nutrition forum can definitely set you down the right path. Lifting will help as well as cardio.

Being on TRT sets you up to win - time to start taking advantage of that.

bigswoll is offline Banned
    U need to do both lifting weights and building muscle will have your body burning calories 24/7 making your body supply those new muscles with blood and having your body build muscle makes your body burn calories even when Ur sitting I'n the couch, and sleeping. Doing cardio is also a must i recommend doing HIIT. Interval training. Research it but it's jus a interval cardio going maybe 2 min a a comfortable walk and every 2 min going balls to the wall for 45 seconds. Repeat this for minimum of 20 min this allows your body to speed up your metabolic rate and for hours later still burning calories at a high rate. Mist important 70-80% of losing weight and building muscle is your DIET!!! U need to eat frequently lean protein and carbs together to get the essential amino acids your body needs. Every 3-4 hrs EAT. Look at nutrition section here. But for u i recommend bodybuilding.com where they will lay out a workout routine and nutrition on s silver platter so it's easy to understand. Cause on here everyone has different Opionings which will leave u confused so go on there print out workout and print meals and recipes and then Do work!!!! Pm me if u need nutrition advice I'm certified and do it for a living. Goodlucj

Thread Information