es101346 is offline New Member

Question Hey, question about adderall.

Hey guys,

New to the forum. I have some quick questions about working out while on adderall.

I've been taking one adderall 30mg pill, once a day since last summer. Usually, without it I don't have much motivation to workout etc. So before I do start working out while I'm on it, I wanted to find out if it safe.
    I'm not a bodybuilder or any type of fitness junkie. If I do lift some weights it would be for about 30 minutes. Reps of dumb-bell presses, curls, some sit-ups, push-ups. I
    recently lost over 80 pounds, so the muscle mass went with it too. Not lifting anything too heavy.

So my questions are

Is it safe to lift moderately ?
    Should I get a heart rate monitor ?
    What would be a safe BPM for a semi-fit 160 lbs. male at 5'7" ? [only have time to workout 1-3 times a week]
    I usually take - One a day Men's health formula multi-vitamin in the morning too, should I get a different vitamin to use along ?

Thanks,
    Amith

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by es101346 View Post
    Hey guys,

New to the forum. I have some quick questions about working out while on adderall.

I've been taking one adderall 30mg pill, once a day since last summer. Usually, without it I don't have much motivation to workout etc. So before I do start working out while I'm on it, I wanted to find out if it safe.
    I'm not a bodybuilder or any type of fitness junkie. If I do lift some weights it would be for about 30 minutes. Reps of dumb-bell presses, curls, some sit-ups, push-ups. I
    recently lost over 80 pounds, so the muscle mass went with it too. Not lifting anything too heavy.

So my questions are

Is it safe to lift moderately ? sure depends on your goals
    Should I get a heart rate monitor ? I always work out with one..
    What would be a safe BPM for a semi-fit 160 lbs. male at 5'7" ? [only have time to workout 1-3 times a week] can't really say
    I usually take - One a day Men's health formula multi-vitamin in the morning too, should I get a different vitamin to use along ? I'd be more interested in the foods you are taking to reach your unstated goals..

and welcome to the forum..

Thanks,
    Amith
    there ya go
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

es101346 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the reply,

Any recommendations for a portable HRM? Maybe a watch type?
    Also forgot to ask, how long should I wait to start after taking my adderall 30mg ? It's instant release, not the XR.

& as for foods. I usually eat the same thing every day. -listed in order
    1. Special K extra protein cereal or honey nut cheerios.
    2. Special K extra protein shake.
    3. Turkey breast or other meats on whole wheat bread.
    4. Special K extra protein meal bars.
    5. Usually a random snack [banana, apple etc.]
    6. Grilled Salmon or Chicken breast w/ a salad most nights. OR if I am pressed for time I will grab a turkey breast , no cheese, on 9 grain whole wheat bread w/ lettuce, green peppers, & sweet onion sauce from subway.

& as for goals
    1. Increased bicep/tricep and chest size.
    2. Tighter stomach area. [skin feels loose since I lost so much weight on my diet last year]
    3. Increased cardio stamina [will start running again soon - won't be on adderall when running]

Any tips / recommendations would be appreciated.
    Last edited by es101346; 05-08-2012 at 12:40 PM.

JAB1 is offline Member
    No idea how healthy it is, but, I ate an adderall a couple years ago at a friends wedding!!!!!!!!! HOLY S*#T, I was flying all night. I would hurt myself in the gym!!

nikepump8844 is offline New Member
    You should ask your doctor about this, but generally adderall should not preclude you from moderate exercise. Half the world takes that drug these days. I feel that your doctor will say you're good to go

Thread Information