Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Armykid93 is offline Productive Member

benefits of super setting?

What are some of the benefits vs doing just regular sets and does super setting put you more at risk for over training?

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    I did supersets when in my 20's. The biggest benefit was the time saving I got from it. I never felt overtrained, but I felt like I burned more cals during workouts, and ended up having to eat more.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I love super setting... Don't know the difference but like the guy above me stated felt I burned more

Warrior1700 is offline Associate Member
    When I do them: For the same muscle this is a great technique to pre-exhaust a muscle and isolate it. Of course you will not be as strong with the 2nd exercise.

For Antagonistic muscles (groups) it's a good way to save time in the gym if you have time constraints, as you are doing opposing muscles such as Bis/Tris, Hams/Quads, Chest/Back. You will not loose strength in those areas doing the 2nd exercise and your cardio will benefit some as well.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, super-setting exercises does NOT put you more at risk for over training.

First, it is a great way to confuse the muscle, especially if you never tend to super-set exercises, and you can still create a significant amount of hypertrophy in spite of working with lighter weights simply due to having increased the intensity and pressıre on the subjected muscle fibers.

Like others said, it also saves you time at the gym, gives you a nice pump and allows you to burn more fat due to prolonged high rate of heart and etc.

You really need to get over with the notion of over-training, a novice is much more likely to be under-eating than over-training at any rate.

Just kill the given the muscle group when you train it and make sure it has fully recovered from the previous session before killing it again.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 06-04-2012 at 02:05 PM.

cb714 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    a novice is much more likely to be under-eating than over-training at any rate.

Just kill the given the muscle group when you train it and make sure it has fully recovered from the previous session before killing it again.
    agree 100%

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb714 View Post
    agree 100%
    been there, done that

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member

First, it is a great way to confuse the muscle, especially if you never tend to super-set exercises, and you can still create a significant amount of hypertrophy in spite of working with lighter weights simply due to having increased the intensity and pressıre on the subjected muscle fibers.

Like others said, it also saves you time at the gym, gives you a nice pump and allows you to burn more fat due to prolonged high rate of heart and etc.

You really need to get over with the notion of over-training, a novice is much more likely to be under-eating than over-training at any rate.

x2

And I personally feel the idea of overtraining is blown way out of proportion. It takes a lot to actually overtrain a muscle

Bigherm21 is offline Associate Member

perfectly put bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer

First, it is a great way to confuse the muscle, especially if you never tend to super-set exercises, and you can still create a significant amount of hypertrophy in spite of working with lighter weights simply due to having increased the intensity and press?re on the subjected muscle fibers.

Thanks and thanks everybody for the advice

Thanks for the info everybody. It sticks because here in AIT its really hard to eat.

Thread Information