Romulus is offline New Member

Front Delt Fatigue

Hi there !!

After browsing this board for six months or more, I finally decided to join, as it seems a must for any serious musclehead.

I am in need of advice regarding the form for incline bench, as I have had to quit on a few chest trains because of a feeling that my front delts were about to burst (painful)

Basically I need tips on how to take stress off this area, and get it back on the Pecs where it belongs. I have read an article that advised that tall people should not be bottoming out on this exercise, as the stress is on the shoulders at this point, and not the chest. Any truth in this ??

By the way, what a great board, wouldn't be caught dead anywhere else !! (No matter how good super BB girl's transformation is)

Oh yes, can somebody help with Setup of Avatar?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    First off, how much of an incline are you using ??? Set the bench at a 30 degree incline and you will take some of the stress off you're front delts. Most barbell incline benches that are preset are about 45.

As for your Avatar, it's in your User CP under Edit Options. Just make sure that the file is the correct dimensions and byte size (use JPEG for the smallest byte size).
    Last edited by KeyMastur; 04-19-2003 at 10:24 AM.

Romulus is offline New Member
    Keymastur,

Thanks for the reply, I will check out the angle of the bench in the gym tommorrow (I think it can be altered). In your opinion, does stopping the bar before it hits the sternum detract from the effectiveness of the exercise, ie doing what amounts to just more than 3/4 of the full range of motion?

Once again,thanks for the advice !!

Thread Information