hyku1147 is offline New Member

Very tired after doing power lifting squats.

Hi gang,
    In addition to a 5x5 progressive bench routine that I have been on for 6 weeks,
    I have also started doing squats for a month now: 5x5 205lbs last week. I have increased from 135 pounds, so I am happy with my progress. My form is good, I am blasting out of the pocket(albeit with weenie weights 555), and only sleight DOMS.However, after my last work out I was wiped out for a couple of days. Is squat fatigue normal?

Cheers.

Popeye's is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyku1147 View Post
    Hi gang,
    I have also started doing squats for a month now: 5x5 205lbs last week. I have increased from 135 pounds, so I am happy with my progress. My form is good, I am blasting out of the pocket(albeit with weenie weights 555), and only sleight DOMS.However, after my last work out I was wiped out for a couple of days. Is squat fatigue normal?

Cheers.
    Yeah! It's normal - if you are doing compound exercises like squats or deadlifts - have a higher carbs intake during that day! U r putting a lot of pressure on your whole body!

BigBadWolf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyku1147
    Hi gang,

Cheers.
    If your doing it right.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes, squats can be very taxing on the body when done with high intensity......I would bring a gatorade or other electrolyte drink for when your done, also make sure you drink that shake when your done with your workout, and eat a good meal that day. Squats can literally suck the nutrients(kinda)right out of ya....like stored deposit nutrients, they need to be replenished.

hyku1147 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement guys.

Cheers

Thread Information