Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

Bringing up lagging parts

I have terrible front delts and upper/outer chest development, basically the whole delt tie-in. I'm really looking for an exercise to target this area. It doesn't necessarily have to be an isolation exercise; a simple grip change on a bigger lift would be welcome.

Currently, i'm setting up an incline bench in front of the Freemotion machine, with the arms on the lowest setting, and doing a sort of incline fly/delt exercise hybrid.

To further isolate, i'm doing a similar motion standing upright inbetween 2 low pulley's with handles. Can you guys think of anything else/better?

Note - this is in addition to 'meat and potatoes' flat/incline presses with barbell and/or dumbbells.

2nd - rear delts. (starting to see the pattern here? My shoulders suck) There's GOT to be something better than rear delt fly's. I've done em every which way, but never get much out of them. seated bent over. standing bent over. reverse pec dec. Low pulley bent over laterals. Face Pulls. Lying face down on an incline bench, sort of 'rowing' with a wide grip. I've even done tricep kickbacks but without moving my elbow joint. They still suck!!!

Finally - and this is a big one - I REALLY need to thicken up my upper back. Without weight, I can do a variation of a shrug where I feel the target area (lower trap area) - instead of shrugging, squeeze your shoulder blades together but squeeze 'up' moreso than you would with something like a barbell or seated row. However when I add any appreciable load, my body sort of just 'forces' into a normal shrug which feels like it's targeting the upper / 'front' portion of my traps more than anything else.

HELP!!!
    Last edited by gbrice75; 07-23-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Thread Information