Gfeazell is offline Junior Member

Days in the gym on cycle

I keep hearing conflicting details... 5 days in the gym a week, every other day.. 3 days a week. On cycle, what seems to be the best balance of rest and excercise? Also, how much cardio are you adding a week and duration?

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    The "best" cannot be determined for you by someone else, only a guideline.

Rule of thumb is two days off per wk, however you want to split it up is fine. Some can get away with one day of rest, I cannot. And still there are others that require more rest. It different for everyone because everyone activity level is different and so if your CNS (central nervous system)

But more importantly, listen to your body.

dieselheart is offline New Member
    MickeyKnox is 100% right. Personally I go everyday. and train every part ounce a week. others i know cant go more than 4 times a week or there getting the overtraining symptoms. id say start with the classic 4 day split and play with it by adding or subtracting and see how body reacts.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    right now im doing 2 on 1 day cardio, 2 on 1 day cardio, repeated. with an upper/lower power/hypertrophy split similar to Baseline's workout but tweeked for what works for me. Like already mentioned everyone is different, Ive had different splits work better or worse for me depending on different life factors (work stress, sleep paterns, goals, etc) Good luck getting to your sweet spot.

Moto

copaaz is offline Junior Member
    I think it would also depend on the workout intensity. If you're running HIT then you're probably going to want to take 2 days and make them the day after legs and either back or chest. The big body parts tax your CNS the most.
    Last edited by copaaz; 12-13-2012 at 02:43 PM.

backcountryrider is offline Junior Member
    I don't understand why everything has to be "per week". Why not over 10 days instead of 7? Three -four days before you hit the same muscle again. If you feel like you can train the same muscle again two days later then intensity needs to go way up in that said work out. My two cents

Thread Information