Thursday: cardio, abs (rest day)
    Friday: light speed chest, triceps
    Saturday: light speed back biceps
    Sunday: cardio, abs (rest day)
    Repeat

Trying to get a lot of strength and size gains
    So bulking lol

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    This is my favorite routine for bulking or it can be adjusted for strength training. Check it out and see if it fits your goals.

Split Workout

Day one: Delts, triceps, abs
    Day two: Back, traps, rear delts
    Day three: REST
    Day four: Chest, biceps, abs
    Day five: Quads, hams, calves
    Day six: REST

All movements are performed with PERFECT FORM (this is a must IMO)

All rest periods are short (60-90 seconds, 90 seconds being only for the BIG LIFTS - Deadlifts, Leg Press etc...)

All movements are performed as follows with a few obvious exceptions where it is not safe/ possible to do easily;

Set 1 - Warm up/ Feel Set
    Set 2 - Feel Set / Close to failure
    Set 3 - Working set (To failure and beyond, including forced reps, negatives, force negatives, static pauses)

*One thing to note is that you CANNOT REST DURING YOUR WORKING SET! You go to failure and then you carry on with the help of a spotter (still you must keep tight form as your spotter does the cheating for you), you do not stop and allow the muscle to rest and recover. Your tempo needs to remain there all the way to the death, DO NOT PAUSE AND ALLOW RECOVERY

Progressive Tension Overload

Progressive - Adding weight/ reps/ extra stimulus
    Tension - Where that weight is going - on the muscle as tension.
    Overload - Taking a muscle to failure - overloading the muscle with something it has not before experienced.

Progressive Tension Overload creates adaptation.

when u say light speed. U mean reps done fast. Only id imagine lighter but concentrating on the best stretch and flex u can do over speed. I.e

When doing really heavy bench press. Its pretty hard NOT to assist using triceps. But if u can do lighter n really tense/squeeze the hell outta ur chest CAUSING ur arms to straighten it become a pretty hard workout.
    I try to do 4-5/1 ratio now of more moderately heavy weights to 12 n lowest 8 reps to heavy 12-4 reps (max weight), ensuring i.overload even be it slightly on the heavy sets.

But. (N theres always a but)

its all about reading ur body. I do up to 5sets of a given exercise on stretch days mixed up to 5 ways of stretching n flexing n stretching causing that load to stretch my muscles until they simply cant no more) sometimes going heavier means for me maybe on 90% of my full movement. Sometimes ill go real deep on last few reps. But u gotta read urself. Ive learned my body really needs to be hit hard as hell in weights. I sweat nearly as much as when i do hiit.

Find ur points that really get u. Get ur form 100% each right. Dont wry bout the weight but more on making it harder for urself. Makes me laff when im at the end. Struggling with baby weights n then guys come in wondering why.im so screwed on em.
    (Im 6'3", 110kg. N i can lift enough to keep me ahead of all but a few in my gym), but. Its not what you lift. Its how u make urself grow.

Unless u wanna be a weightlifter. Not a bodybuilder

In which case its not my area. Good luck!! just keep pushing harder than anyone else!!!

Doom44 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    This is my favorite routine for bulking or it can be adjusted for strength training. Check it out and see if it fits your goals.

Split Workout

Day one: Delts, triceps, abs
    Day two: Back, traps, rear delts
    Day three: REST
    Day four: Chest, biceps, abs
    Day five: Quads, hams, calves
    Day six: REST

All movements are performed with PERFECT FORM (this is a must IMO)

All rest periods are short (60-90 seconds, 90 seconds being only for the BIG LIFTS - Deadlifts, Leg Press etc...)

All movements are performed as follows with a few obvious exceptions where it is not safe/ possible to do easily;

Set 1 - Warm up/ Feel Set
    Set 2 - Feel Set / Close to failure
    Set 3 - Working set (To failure and beyond, including forced reps, negatives, force negatives, static pauses)

*One thing to note is that you CANNOT REST DURING YOUR WORKING SET! You go to failure and then you carry on with the help of a spotter (still you must keep tight form as your spotter does the cheating for you), you do not stop and allow the muscle to rest and recover. Your tempo needs to remain there all the way to the death, DO NOT PAUSE AND ALLOW RECOVERY

Progressive Tension Overload

Progressive - Adding weight/ reps/ extra stimulus
    Tension - Where that weight is going - on the muscle as tension.
    Overload - Taking a muscle to failure - overloading the muscle with something it has not before experienced.

Progressive Tension Overload creates adaptation.
    Good read Mickey !!! just have one question. can i use rest pause in working set ? (not static pauses)

Thread Information