Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jolter604

Thread: When women say " I want to Tone up"

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!

When women say " I want to Tone up"

I mean waht the hell does this actually mean ?

So the GF has put a few extra lbs on over xmas, now she says she wants to tone up but not get bigger (?), i really dont know what to advise her, im saying reduce cals, increase cardio and do weights, but she does actually ballon with weights, shes actually strong for a girl and got some size on her legs, but she wants skinny legs (?!). i know what i know and thats worked for me, but does that apply for females ? i also set her diet to 40/40/20

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320
    I mean waht the hell does this actually mean ? So the GF has put a few extra lbs on over xmas, now she says she wants to tone up but not get bigger (?), i really dont know what to advise her, im saying reduce cals, increase cardio and do weights, but she does actually ballon with weights, shes actually strong for a girl and got some size on her legs, but she wants skinny legs (?!). i know what i know and thats worked for me, but does that apply for females ? i also set her diet to 40/40/20
    Hahahahaha. It's complicated!!!!

Loose fat. That's my take. I am carb sensitive so I prefer 55/20/25 split. Light weights higher reps and cardio.

jolter604 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was poking my wife with my chub doing squats today,priceless.she is off and on but she has noticed my cycle results and is ready to get back into it.
    Khazima likes this.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Get her back into the weights and compliment when she 'balloons up', she'll love it in no time haha.

Tone comes from muscle, so if she wants to 'tone up' she needs some muscle. My take on that saying is also that they just want to lose some fat.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima
    Get her back into the weights and compliment when she 'balloons up', she'll love it in no time haha. Tone comes from muscle, so if she wants to 'tone up' she needs some muscle. My take on that saying is also that they just want to lose some fat.
    Only danger is adding muscle under a layer of fat will make her look bigger until fat drops. I prefer more cardio and strict diet for a month or so and then adding in weight training.

on an aside. I started a 30 day paleo diet. I am 2 days in and already noticing less "puffiness" which is very encouraging in such a short period of time.

It's important for her to hit diet and training hard to see quick results for the motivation factor.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Only danger is adding muscle under a layer of fat will make her look bigger until fat drops. I prefer more cardio and strict diet for a month or so and then adding in weight training.

on an aside. I started a 30 day paleo diet. I am 2 days in and already noticing less "puffiness" which is very encouraging in such a short period of time.

It's important for her to hit diet and training hard to see quick results for the motivation factor.
    I would agree with the above but defo do some light weights which concentrating on the cardio and diet IMHO. Also women tend to hold water so a very low sodium diet and an increase in water daily will help disperse some of the water issues women have. You can use water manipulation to help women water weight but over a long period of time is better. Adding muscle tissue is one of the best ways to lose fat and speed up the metabolism but if she responds well to weights just keep the reps high and weight low. Losing bf will help with her goals while increasing LBM

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Thanks all, GG and Marcus, I'll pass it all on, water weight very applicable too.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    Thanks all, GG and Marcus, I'll pass it all on, water weight very applicable too.
    No problem let me know how she gets on

bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    - GAL -->

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    First diet and the rest will follow....Cheers!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    WTF - I am trying to tone up too

LMAO

Tone up = I want to lose some flab(spoken by a typical non gym goer)

Thread Information