JohnnyJim is offline Banned

Johnny Jim's Training Log

There doesn't seem to be a log section in here. If there is, please forgive me and transfer this thread to there.

I'm starting my training soon. The goal is to run three honest Smolov cycles and survive. First three months will be spent preparing myself for Smolov.

And then... Juicy juice testosterone enanthate .

I'm quite excited.

02-12-2015

Alright. Signing up at the nearby YMCA today. They have bumper plates, and that was all it took to convince me... That, and the fact that it has the same size and quality overall as a Gold's gym, but still low-priced.

Plus, my friend is there. Gonna max out in the squat.

02-20-2015

Videos getting posted soon.

03-05-2015

Maxed out on the squat. 215 pounds.

Maxed out on the bench press. 205 pounds.

Did some pendlay rows with 135 pounds.

I forgot to do hang cleans...

Did seated hammer curls with 30-pound dumbbells.
    Last edited by JohnnyJim; 03-09-2015 at 07:47 PM.

03-09-2015

I officially started the Smolov Jr. program for me... And today, it kicked my ass...

I did pause-squats for 3 sets of 6 reps for 155 pounds. I was meant to do a total of 6 sets, but because my rest intervals were too short, I ended up with only 4 reps during sets number 4 and 5. I rested for a full five minutes for the last set in order to complete 6 reps.

It was terrible...

Yesterday, I toyed with 135 pounds for pause-squats.

Also, I ride the bicycle to work, and that could diminish my gains considering how cycling can tax my quadriceps a little too much sometimes.

03-10-2015

Squats felt smoother than yesterday, but I think it's because I actually took longer rest intervals. At least 3 minutes instead of 2, 3 minutes and 30 seconds precisely.

165 pounds for 7 sets of 5 reps.

03-16-2015

Last Friday (13th) I maxed out on squats. I did 235 pounds, which was 20-pounds heavier than the week before.

You want to know why I maxed out so early in the Smolov Jr program... My friend and I partied last Thursday, which was the day I was supposed to do a session. Being meticulous, I restarted the whole thing, which I didn't like very much...

So yeah, today, Monday morning, is a reset of my Smolov Jr program...

165 pounds for 6 sets of 6 reps...

Videos may come in soon.

JohnnyKirk is offline Junior Member
    Nice. Any pics videos?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKirk View Post
    Nice. Any pics videos?
    Nothing uploaded on youtube yet. But I have them.

03-17-2015

175 pounds for 7 sets of 5 reps.

3-19-2015

185 pounds for 8 sets of 4 reps.

3-20-2015

Sleep deprived. Literally ZERO SLEEP from last night...

205 pounds for 10 sets of 3 reps.

I'll start posting my nutrition soon enough...

I forgot to put what I did at 03-18...

Upper body. No details necessary. I work my upper body once a week only with a 5x8 set and rep scheme. I'm thinking of doing heavy negatives if I plateau hard.

03-23-2015

Squats... 6 sets of 6 reps. 175 pounds.

03-24-2015

Squats... 7 sets of 5. 185 pounds.

03-25-2015

Upper-body exercises... Awesome personal records on the pendlay row, hang cleans, and hammer curls. My inclined bench presses had no improvement at all. I think it may had to do with the fact that all I did for inclines was 3 sets of 8 and that was it.

03-26-2015

More squats... 8 sets of 4 reps. 195 pounds.

03-27-2015

That is today, as of this post. I'm sitting on my computer and will be doing squats in an hour or so.

*I have form issues for my squat that I need to fix after this training cycle.

*Videos keep getting delayed but they are coming.
    Last edited by JohnnyJim; 03-30-2015 at 12:59 PM.

03-30-2015

Squats... 6 sets of 6 reps. 185 pounds.

The squats felt somewhat smooth even with my barely-sufficient nutrition and severe lack of sleep. I estimate that I'll do 275 pounds in Test Day.

And then I did hammer curls. I'm doing curls 3 times a week for a period of time. I read somewhere how biceps-growth can be jumpstarted with bursts of high-frequency training.

25-pound dumbbells for 3 sets of 6.

04-03-2015

Rush hour, so I can't do the other entries, unfortunately.

Squats... 10 sets of 3 reps. 225 pounds.

I'm going to try 275 for 1 rep next week, which would be a 60-pound gain from being deconditioned 5 weeks ago.

That attempt will definitely be posted on youtube.

I work my upper body once a week, but I missed it this week. It was either get enough sleep for my job, or do my workout and be sleep-deprived. Money is my current priority.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Sup Johnny jim

just finding your log

keep up the hard work!

Thanks Cajun.

Stress is killing me. If it weren't for my Taoist philosophy and Zen habits, I would've gone mad months ago. Lol

Thursday, 9th of April, I maxed out with 285 pounds. Quite a story...

I thought it was only 275 pounds, but after wondering why the thing felt imbalanced, I realized that the other side was 10 pounds heavier... So yeah. 285 pounds official... I attempted 295 and failed. Both were video-recorded. Both will be posted soon...

04-15-2015

Last two days I did squats with 200+ pounds with sets of sixes and fives. Smolov Jr template.

Today I destroyed my upper-body. But I forgot to do hang cleans. By the time that I realized that I forgot them, I was done with my curls...

Anyway, I'm only documenting my hammer curls. 2 sets of 8 reps, followed by an agonizing set of 5. 25-pound dumbbells each hand.

I'm definitely going for that 315x30 in the far away future...
    Last edited by JohnnyJim; 04-15-2015 at 08:04 PM.

04-21-2015

Last Thursday and Friday was squatting as usual. And yesterday was the first day of the second week of my second Smolov Jr cycle.

Yesterday:

Squats, 215 pounds for 6 sets of 6 reps. At the last set, I experimented a little bit and from the 3rd to 6th rep, I never paused at the bottom.

And after that I did some hammer curls.

04-28-2015

Squatted several days ago as usual. My inclined presses improved. I almost completed 10 sets of 6 reps, failing only at the last set, with 115 pounds.

Yesterday was even better. I did 6 sets of 6 reps with 225 pounds. It was hell, but a great accomplishment.

Today, I'm gonna do 7 sets of 5 at 235 pounds.

I got lots of videos and photos to upload. I just need to buy a phone-to-computer extension cord.

04-30-2015

Upper-body training yesterday. New PRs on the inclined press and the pendlay row. Curling strength remained the same, but it's cool. I do hammer curls for my arm flexors (biceps, brachialis, brachioradialis). I hope that the heavy rows are enough to trigger upper-trap growth... Either way, I'm switching to bodybuilding after a month. I don't know how long I'll stay at that though.

Anyway, today was another squat day, and it failed.

255 pounds, attempted 8 sets of 4 reps. At the seventh set, I got pinned at the bottom and was like, "Ahh, screw this," and dropped the weight behind me. This of course was made feasible because I was doing it on a lifting platform, with rubber-coated weight discs... And then I stood there for a moment, wondering what the heck just happened...

A dude noticed me staring at the barbell, and was like, "need help lifting it back up bro?" And I was like, "Hmmm... (3-second pause)... Yeah. I'll give it a shot again." And then he helped me lift it back up and I did my eighth set. I did 4 reps, but it felt like a 4-rep-max...

My diet lately included lots of protein powders, gelato, canned tuna, and whole milk. This was not typical, thank God.

05-01-2015

Squats... 265 pounds for 10 sets of 3 reps. All successes.

Can't complain...

Chrisr92 is offline New Member
    What's your height and weight, also when will u be started the Test E

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisr92 View Post
    What's your height and weight, also when will u be started the Test E
    Hi bro.

5 feet and 6 inches. 220 pounds, at what I believe to be 25% to 30% bodyfat.

Starting testosterone enanthate after my last Smolov Jr. cycle, which starts this Monday. That of course is assuming I'm not financially strapped.

05-05-2015

So yesterday I did jump squats. I suffered from food poisoning yesterday and barely decided to actually go to the gym. Right now, I still got explosive diarrhea but no more debilitating fever. It sucks to have fever when you have a physical job and have to do heavy squats 4 days a week. Damn...

Anyway, today, I'll do jump squats again, but will top it off with a full upper-body training, which will last almost a solid 2 hours...

For jump squats, I do 95 pounds for 3 sets of 3.

05-06-2015

Also, I didn't do jump squats yesterday. I maxed out on the clean, and it was embarrassingly weak.

05-07-2015

Bad news: I had it recorded, but I forgot my smartphone-laptop connector in my gym's locker. So it'll be tomorrow that I post it in YouTube. Not tonight.

Bonus news: Gonna juice up very soon. I recently started loading with creatine.

Thread Information