• 3 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown
  • 1 Post By Marc114
  • 2 Post By swolehead
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Skullcrasher Replacement

major34 is offline New Member

Skullcrasher Replacement

i can not do Skullcrasher with barbel nor with dumbels , so i am looking for another replacement excersie for i also cant do Behind neck triceps
    rever
    since i got pain and a bit of injury in elbow i can not do Skullcrusher , some movements i can do is dips , close grip bench press and reverse grip press down

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Tricep kick backs, hammer strength push downs are a couple

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I was similar with the EZ bar and had to stop them completely. I went onto DB with my palms facing each other using flat and slight incline for variation and I have zero pain now and my triceps have grown bigger, thicker and stronger, Are you doing the movement correctly? When you in the starting position make sure when your arms are above while your lying down and the whole arm from the shoulder joint needs to move slightly over towards your head, so your elbows line up roughly with the top of your head then lock that position in and start the rep by bending at the elbow, this will put a lot more stress of the long head of the tricep and eliminate the elbow tendons. Start with light weight and slowly move up each week. Excellent movement for size and thickness.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The good news is that you are able to still do close grip. There are many variations of close grip which IMO is the bread and butter triceps exercise. In time you will be able to go back to skullcrushers or a variation thereof.
    major34 likes this.

Marc114 is offline Junior Member
    If you have access to TRX straps, you can do tricep extensions off there. Or sometimes to change things up I attach a couple of bands to a handle and sling the bands over the top of a rack and do pushdowns. You can roll the bands around the handle to adjust the tension.
    major34 likes this.

swolehead is offline Member
    overhead tricept extention with rope my favorite
    major34 and bartman314 like this.

I think there is too much emphasis on single joint exercises when it comes to triceps and burning them up doesn't exactly equate to making them bigger.
    major34 likes this.

major34 is offline New Member
    tnx marcus i took the advice and it worked really well i had little pressure on elbow joints today but still hurts

i was wondering what i should take or do to heal this elbow joints it hurts in many compounds even sth like pullover and since last 3 month it is even worse
    should i take 2 weeks off ? or any drug /supplement helps me with this idk sth like calcium and glucosamine or even drugs

i am already on trt anyway so steroids wont be a prob to heal even deca

anyone with same issue fixed that joint? any exp

tnx for comments up right here btw

If you can source Dmso it will do wonders.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by major34 View Post
    tnx marcus i took the advice and it worked really well i had little pressure on elbow joints today but still hurts

i was wondering what i should take or do to heal this elbow joints it hurts in many compounds even sth like pullover and since last 3 month it is even worse
    should i take 2 weeks off ? or any drug /supplement helps me with this idk sth like calcium and glucosamine or even drugs

i am already on trt anyway so steroids wont be a prob to heal even deca

anyone with same issue fixed that joint? any exp

tnx for comments up right here btw

Have some time off from anything what causes you pain and take an Anti-inflammatory, then start up with the db's lightly and slowly bring your strength up and you should be fine, unless its something more serious.

rahulsingh265 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swolehead View Post
    overhead tricept extention with rope my favorite
    Mine too

KA24 is offline Junior Member
    Same thing happened to me when I would get sloppy and lock my elbows too frequently. I dropped the weight and focused a lot more on a constant stretch on the tricep. A lot better progress with the latter and no injuries.

Thread Information