T3ckton1k is offline Junior Member

Criticise my routine

Day 1:
    Chest:
    Inclind Db press
    Flat Db press
    Decline Bb press
    Incline db flies or incline db press with dbs as close as possible (inner chest and tris)
    Cable flies (high cable)
    +some abs
    +tris pump (usually cables)

Day 2:

Back:
    Lat pulldown
    pulldown behind neck
    db rows
    stiff arm cable pulldown
    deadlift
    Traps:
    smith machine, holding the bar from behind my back
    +biceps pump and some forearm if I remember to do it

Day 3:

Shoulders:
    Db press or smitg machine front+back press
    low cable laterals
    bb raises
    reverse pec dec

Arms:
    CGBP
    behind neck one hand extensions
    pressdown
    rope pressdown (pump only)

db curls
    preacher machine curls
    hammers cross body
    reverse grip bb curls-hitting the forearms too
    bb curls (pump only)

forearms

Day 4:

Legs:
    squat
    leg raises
    hamstrig curls
    leg press (for calves)
    calves raises
    +some abs

Day 5:
    Chest:
    Incline Db press
    Flat Db press
    cable flies
    pec dec
    pullovers

Back:
    lat pulldown
    bb rows
    deadlifts
    stiff arm cable pulldown

Day 6:
    Arms:
    Seated strainght bar curls
    dips
    seated db curls (incline)
    skull crushers
    preacher machine curls
    pushdown

some forearm work

So this is my routine but I do not follow it by letter everytime and I change things around. I usually do 1 warm up set for each and 3 normal + 1 drop set depends o what exercise we talk about... Also pumping means 1-3 high rep set and my chest+back day is a light day sometimes in supersets if the gym is empty.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Looks fine, unnecessary amount of volume on a lot of things, adds up to what 40 sets for chest and an extra 20 for arms per week? Super unnecessary. I'd recommend getting on a proper program if you haven't tried them already instead of trying to 'instinctively train' if you're serious about getting results. There's plenty of great programs out there you just need to search for something that suits your goals and is something you will enjoy.

With the way you're doing your split at the moment you could probably even switch to push/pull/legs and see better results, it's basically chest/shoulders/triceps, back/biceps, then legs, rest and repeat or do 6 days straight then rest and repeat depending on how you recover. Hitting that twice a week is plenty of volume especially for a natural, just focus on progression over time (weights/reps/sets), be patient and you'll get there.

T3ckton1k is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Looks fine, unnecessary amount of volume on a lot of things, adds up to what 40 sets for chest and an extra 20 for arms per week? Super unnecessary. I'd recommend getting on a proper program if you haven't tried them already instead of trying to 'instinctively train' if you're serious about getting results. There's plenty of great programs out there you just need to search for something that suits your goals and is something you will enjoy.

With the way you're doing your split at the moment you could probably even switch to push/pull/legs and see better results, it's basically chest/shoulders/triceps, back/biceps, then legs, rest and repeat or do 6 days straight then rest and repeat depending on how you recover. Hitting that twice a week is plenty of volume especially for a natural, just focus on progression over time (weights/reps/sets), be patient and you'll get there.
    I think about getting arms out of day 3. Amd have just a shoulders day which isn't such a hard workout. And day chest/back day is light, I do not go heavy. I do not like push pull at all becuase it it too much for push days + my bis and tris are fked after chest amd back and it is embarassing to struggle with 15kg DB to do some curls...

Thread Information