Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DeeCee112

Thread: Time for a workout routine overhaul

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member

Time for a workout routine overhaul

So I’ve gotten to this point doing a routine that leaves out barbells completely over the last year and a half of hard training.

I do 6 days a week 45 minutes elliptical cardio followed by 5 exercises 3 sets of 10 each workout except days I do abs and obliques and my legs day is 4x4 instead of 5x3 and definitely the most lacklustre of all my workouts. I spend most my workouts on dumbbell and cable exercises with the odd hammer strength machine. I need a total overhaul at this point.
    Current split:
    Chest
    Arms
    Legs
    Back & obliques
    Shoulders &abs
    2nd chest day

Example:
    dumbbell press 3 sets 10
    Dumbbell flys 3 sets 10
    Incline dumbbell press 3 sets 10
    Cable crossovers 3 sets 16 (8 left foot forward, 8 right foot forward)
    Chest fly machine(or pec dec) 3 sets 10

It’s worked so far but is now lacklustre. I need to up intensity and remap this thing. Starting this cycle tomorrow:

Test e 250mg
    Deca 600mg
    Tren e 550mg

Winstrol oral 60mg last 5 weeks or so

I’m going to add squats, deadlifts and some barbell presses into this for sure need more though.

I was leaving them out due to a crazy physical labour job but now I’m back in sales so I want to take it next level and don’t need to worry about being able to climb scaffolding and carry rediculous amounts of weight all day.

Ricketson is offline New Member
    How many times a week are you planning to squat/deadlift?

Not sure but I need to get this revamped fast started the cycle last night. I don’t know, should I be doing them 2x per week?

DeeCee112 is offline Associate Member
    What are you looking to improve? You have a singular muscle group split if you really want to shake it up and shock the body group more muscles per workout and switch to more compound lifts in order to keep your workouts shorter and more efficient.

Back and arms 2x compounds per muscle group
    Chest and shoulders
    Lower body / Core
    Rest
    Repeat above add in a yoga or flexibility or weak point focus day if you want because I know you train 6 days a week.

This program will be harder on your body though so I'd advise another rest day.

Example of a back and arms day

Deadlifts
    Bent over row
    Chins / Lat pulldowns
    Barbell curls
    Skullcrushers
    Dumbbell curls any variation
    Single arm cable pulldowns for tris

Hit the muscles twice a week and you'll grow. 2nd day of the week you can switch up exercises as well ie instead of bent over row opt in seated row.

I found great success with this but I also ran this program for too long I think and my body is hurting. I should have deloaded after 8 to 10 weeks as it is pretty rigorous throwing around compound heavy lifts twice a week per muscle.
    redz and Cylon357 like this.

That’s pretty much what I’m thinking is the combo workouts. More than one muscle group at a time. Dropping to 5 days a week is looking more sustainable anyways with my new job.

Thread Information