Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Bi and Tri workout regime 💪

odin86 is offline New Member

Bi and Tri workout regime 💪

Just trying to hear some good bi and Tri workout regimes. I've been working out for a bit now and my chest back and shoulders all blow up pretty decently but my damn arms only seem to see little gain compared to the res of me. So any one that wants to let me know what are a couple good ones to help I appreciate it. 💪💪💪

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    first thing you got to do is find out if your arms are more 'fast twitch' muscle fiber dominant or more 'slow twitch' muscle fiber dominant.

the way to do this is that you'll want to dedicate one whole arm day workout to just testing out fast twitch muscle fibers.. your going to stay in the 6-7 rep range with relatively heavy weight. the concentric portion of the lift is going to be explosive and the eccentric portion is going to be controlled.
    see how well of a pump and a contraction this workout gives you and then see how sore you are over the next couple days.

then on your next arm day workout you'll be testing out slow twitch muscle fibers.. your going to stay in the 15-20 rep range with lighter loads. the concentric and eccentric portions are going to be slow and controlled with more constant tension on the target muscles.
    see how well of a pump and a contraction this workout gives you and then see how sore you are over the next couple days.

if your more fast twitch dominant then that workout is going to feel good and your going to get a great pump and good stimulation and muscle soreness from that workout.. if your more slow twitch dominant your not going to get much out of it. and vice versa with the slow twitch workout.

so once you've determined this your going to dedicate a majority of your arm training to your more dominant fiber type. but without neglecting the less dominant fiber type. so basically 80/20

when brining up a weak body part, determining this is first and foremost. then after that you'll have to determine your volume and frequency. ie, how many working sets can that given muscle recover from in a week, and how often can you hit that muscle and it also still recover.
    then of course you'll need to select you exercises and the actual routine.

to start out, I recommend using as few as exercises as you can. so instead of jumping all over the gym hitting 20 different exercises for biceps trying to hit every angle .. just select 3 basic and effective exercises that you personally "feel" really well and give a good contraction and pump. Then just do more reps and sets with those 3 core exercises and progress with those before adding more exercises. ramp up your volume with adding more reps and sets, not more exercises. After say 10 weeks, de-load and then come back with a new routine and a few new exercises.

note- cable based exercises are usually pretty effective for arms because of the constant tension they provide . drop sets and super sets work great for arms as well but they are more slow twitch fiber based.. Triceps that are more fast twitch dominant respond well to heavy pressing movements (like JM presses or close grip bench or skull crushers)..
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 10-07-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    KINGKONG likes this.

Thread Information