• 1 Post By slfmade
  • 1 Post By KittyO1
  • 3 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Chark
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: How to stretch muscle fascia?

tbjake34 is offline Senior Member

How to stretch muscle fascia?

Im not sure if im posting this is the right section but whatever. So Im curious about muscle fascia and muscle growth. Im looking for ways to stretch the fascia so im able to grow more? Is this done through stretching or any other methods? Im very tight naturally ive never been flexible really have a hard time touching my toes when im standing. Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

Thanks guys

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Look into Rolfing or a massage therapist that specializes in "structual integration". In a nutshell, it's like getting a SUPER deep massage. It's a very SLOW controlled movement typically done over (10) 60min sessions. Let's take Pec minor for instance. Moving from origin to insertion point which isn't very long (8 inches maybe) the movement (a deep pushing movement) would take anywhere from 2-5 minutes. It's not the most comfortable experience, but you want to talk about feeling loose and open (for lack of a better word) afterwards. It's amazing what they can do. I went to massage therapy school when I graduated high school and my instructor showed us some before and afters of some of his patients with severe scoliosis and within 10 sessions they were fixed. It was amazing - something surgery can't even fix completely and a damn specialized massage fixes them right up. And they can do just about anything, anterior tilt, hyperkyphosis/lordosis, etc. I'm sure they could get you fixed up. If you have one in your area, I would search for Rolfer - that's all they do. Most good massage therapy schools have a structural integration course, but it's a course, it's not a dedicated entire program so what a therapist does with it after school is completely up to how dedicated they are. With a rolfer - that's all they do. They put a major focus on getting our bodies back into alignment. You never know how bad your body is out of whack until you throw a line graph on it. Here's some pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rolf.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	179782
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to stretch muscle fascia?-screenshot-309-.jpg  
    KittyO1 likes this.

Awsome! thank you. where would I find someone who does something like this? Massage envy?

KittyO1 is offline Female Member

How to stretch muscle fascia?

Quote Originally Posted by tbjake34 View Post
    Awsome! thank you. where would I find someone who does something like this? Massage envy?
    I highly doubt massage envy would have anyone like that. They’re typically more of what I call fru-fru massages. Lol Just everyday therapeutic massages...I would do a google search for Rolfer massage near you.
    Last edited by KittyO1; 08-24-2020 at 07:05 PM.
    slfmade likes this.

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbjake34 View Post
    Lol. Uhmm. No. That's where people that can't get better jobs go to work. I would Google rolfing or "massage structural integration" in your area. If it's a rolfer, you're go to go. If it's just a massage therapist I would make sure they've been doing the structural integration side if things for a while. It takes a pretty keen understanding of anatomy to get everything just right.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Once you're squared away, consider incorporating some post lift stretching. Maybe run a Google and YouTube search for Doggcrapp extreme stretching.
    KittyO1, Chark and tarmyg like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Once you're squared away, consider incorporating some post lift stretching. Maybe run a Google and YouTube search for Doggcrapp extreme stretching.
    Came here to mention this
    almostgone likes this.

Ive been doing to post training stretching while pumped and wow what a difference.. Everything is loser and just feels better.

bomb_r2 is offline Associate Member
    Long sock and tennis ball . Throw the long sock over your shoulder. If you're always tight then your skin would feel like its burning
    Oh and stand against a wall and act like a bear . For anything arm rub towards your heart

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

onefm is offline Associate Member
    I would think it would be a good idea to search for sports massage businesses in your area and specifically inquire about fascia stretching and structural integration.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Came here to mention this
    Definitely a fan of DC stretches...and deep tissue work about every 4-6 weeks when possible. People lose more ROM than they realize; or at least I tend to lose ROM.
    I know his stretches will really open up a back.
    Chark likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information