Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By jjz13
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By jjz13

Thread: Climb a fucking rope

jjz13 is offline New Member

Climb a fucking rope

For any of you out there that hasn’t tried climbing a rope in your life time, you have no idea what your missing out on. A lot of people underestimate body weight training. Before I joined the military I had previously played football [corner back / safety] for 10 years and all we focus on is heavy weight training, adding mass. even tho I broke my tibula and fibula my freshman year I still had a chance to play in college — I for a better lack of words have been and always will be a stoner, and I like to party. Most schools require drug tests and what not so yeah I decided not to, not a regret just a what if I just stopped hahaha. Anyways in the army man it was all about body weight training - push-ups, dips, burpees, pull ups, sit-ups and any other kind of retarted ass body weight exercise that will make your knee caps blow out your shit hahah. Anyways long story short — I have never been so strong when I was able to do 20 dead hang ranger pull ups, 80 ranger push ups and 120 sit-ups along with a 34.5 5 mile. Don’t get me wrong I love weights but body weight is a whole another monster. So back to climbing ropes, I wasn’t airborne I’m not good at using my legs to seal my big ass securely on that rope.. I learned how to climb straight arms no legs and we made a game of it. We had the new privates line up stand at parade rest (google if you don’t know ) and put all there covers (hats in under form) at the top beam at our company about 30 meters high. They had less than 5 minutes to either climb the rope or find a new cover, that was always fun and taught the young dicks some disciple right away. So anyways if you have a chance go to your nearest military installation and find there “jungle gyms” with the cargo nets and ropes, you’ll find out real quickly who’s really a bitch and afraid of heights and who actually has the strength to climb.. bless up
    Last edited by jjz13; 12-31-2020 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Stoned
    Fluidic Kimbo likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I remember I climbed about 20 ft in high school using just arms before I realized I don’t like being that high up and went back down. They have a rope machine at some gyms, but it’s not the same. There is a certain feeling when you can lift yourself up like that. Monkeys look at us like we’re complete pussies though. They do that in their sleep. I was kinda like you but in HS. I liked smoking weed more than sports. I always loved lifting, though. Weed and lifting, great combo. Lift, smoke, eat, sleep, and repeat.
    jjz13 and wellshii like this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    My back day workout is now a lot of chin-up's (some weighted, some without). Depending how strong I am in the future I might see about rope climbing.

I think 2021 might be the first year that I bench 100kg. Right now I'm up to 92.5kg so hopefully I can put another 7.5kg on the bar in the next few months. Maybe I'll start rope climbing after I hit the 100kg mark. (Yes I realize that bench is for chest, but the body works as one unit).

Monkeys look at us like we’re complete pussies though.
    I hear that one of the first side effects of stopping taking cannabis is that you no longer care what the monkeys think.

If you look on YouTube you'll see a lady on the Oprah Winfrey Show who had both her hands and her face ripped off by an orangutan. True story.
    Test Monsterone and Cylon357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I hear that one of the first side effects of stopping taking cannabis is that you no longer care what the monkeys think.
    lmao... that's a world I don't want to know. If I quit I'll end up strangling someone.

If you look on YouTube you'll see a lady on the Oprah Winfrey Show who had both her hands and her face ripped off by an orangutan. True story.

I think I saw that, it's disturbing. You want to get really freaked out? Watch the documentary "Grizzly Man." Dude went to Alaska for 13 summers to live with the bears before being eaten alive with his girlfriend while the camera was rolling. The story is pretty amazing.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I think I saw that, it's disturbing. You want to get really freaked out? Watch the documentary "Grizzly Man." Dude went to Alaska for 13 summers to live with the bears before being eaten alive with his girlfriend while the camera was rolling. The story is pretty amazing.
    They should have had a Desert Eagle each, and possibly also two or three Desert Eagles hanging from branches of nearby trees.

I have a gel blaster Desert Eagle coming to me in the post, it shoots little soft gel balls. Also I have a full metal airsoft Desert Eagle coming, however right now postage from Taiwan to the UK is suspended.

They should have had a Desert Eagle each, and possibly also two or three Desert Eagles hanging from branches of nearby trees.

I have a gel blaster Desert Eagle coming to me in the post, it shoots little soft gel balls. Also I have a full metal airsoft Desert Eagle coming, however right now postage from Taiwan to the UK is suspended.
    Hand guns hardly work against a grizzly. I watched so many documentaries about hunting grizzlies, they are insanely tough. The Glock 20 10mm is considered a bush hand gun, but unless you hit the bear straight in the head, without ricocheting you’re bear food. They use shotguns with slugs or high caliber rifles, and it often takes multiple shots.

jjz13 is offline New Member
    **Testmonsterone**

Absolutely I took first period weights and went lit every day, supposedly it’s super good for your blood flow and what not. Especially recovering nothing helps me sleep better!
    Last edited by jjz13; 01-12-2021 at 01:45 AM.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

wellshii is offline Member
    Havn't climed a rope or a pole in a while now.

But I never used legs when I did.
    Lats baby!

JSom is offline New Member
    Bodyweight work is the foundation of strength training. Only through working with your own weight do you understand how muscles work. In addition, such exercises always involve a large number of muscles, which means that they are much more useful and more difficult than isolated exercises for a specific muscle group in the simulator. In general, to achieve maximum results, it is better to combine base loads with the study of target muscle groups.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hand guns hardly work against a grizzly. I watched so many documentaries about hunting grizzlies, they are insanely tough. The Glock 20 10mm is considered a bush hand gun, but unless you hit the bear straight in the head, without ricocheting you’re bear food. They use shotguns with slugs or high caliber rifles, and it often takes multiple shots.
    a desert eagle shoots real magnum caliber rounds, 10mm come nowhere near 50ae or even 44mag for terminal ballistics.

Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    a desert eagle shoots real magnum caliber rounds, 10mm come nowhere near 50ae or even 44mag for terminal ballistics.
    The desert eagle doesn't hold as many rounds as a 10 mm and is very difficult to maneuver because of it's size and weight. I never hear anyone carrying that in the woods. Of course, the higher the caliber, the more damage can be done, but you also have to hit the target.

The desert eagle doesn't hold as many rounds as a 10 mm and is very difficult to maneuver because of it's size and weight. I never hear anyone carrying that in the woods. Of course, the higher the caliber, the more damage can be done, but you also have to hit the target.
    you also dont here of many people carrying 10mm in brown bear country. they carry a shotgun, rifle, or a magnum caliber revolver. 10mm is nothing compared to a magnum cartridge especially considering most loads are nothing more than 40 +p loads now, which is fine for smaller predators, but not nearly adequate for brown bears. plus the loading designed for maximum penetration dont perform well in glocks.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET

A 10mm would do nothing but piss a brown bear off. Most people carry 500 SW mag or 460 which is quite more powerful then the Desert Eagle round

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    A 10mm would do nothing but piss a brown bear off. Most people carry 500 SW mag or 460 which is quite more powerful then the Desert Eagle round
    with very heavy hard cast loads that maximize penetration. i wouldn't even carry 10mm where black bears get big. even a desert eagle with 44mag or 50ae is much better than the 10mm glock, but not enough for brown bear country.

I definitely wouldn't venture into grizzly bear country with just a side arm..

This guy had his handgun but couldn't react fast enough and got mauled (twice) in the same day by the same bear. Crazy story:

Thread Information