Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By almostgone
  • 3 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: pounds plates vs in kg

Davi Meireles is offline Associate Member

pounds plates vs in kg

Have you ever noticed a difference between lifting plates in pounds vs. in kg in a gym.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi Meireles View Post
    Have you ever noticed a difference between lifting plates in pounds vs. in kg in a gym.
    Not really. 45 kilo =99 lbs.Thats a few pounds shy or over a hundred. If you work with mixed plates you won't get too far off track.

Now if you are following a PL program or preparing for a competition, you'll want to train with calibrated plates.

If you're a garage or basement lifter, I don't think there's a need to purchase calibrated plates unless it's just for bragging rights.
    Last edited by almostgone; 12-30-2023 at 09:43 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi Meireles View Post
    1 KG = 2.2 lbs. So yeah, I guess you'd notice the difference between 100lbs and 100kg.

But to answer your question, I don't think there's going to be much of a difference if any. Your body doesn't give a shit if your plates were weighed in KG or LBS. You still lift them the same way.
    Cylon357, stocky121 and almostgone like this.

Thread Information