Budlite74 is offline Banned

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I haven't seen the movie yet. I just skimmed through the first article, I noticed the author was chris hitchens who is a complete blundering english idiot who banks on his education for respect. I saw a couple errors in that article. I don't think i'm even going to bother look at the moveamericaforward.org link, lol.

All I'm going to say is that Moore juxtaposes things according to his opinion, it is unfair but that is his opinion of things, there are still certain facts there that you shouldn't ignore however, but you should walk away with with your own opinion.

With that being said, Did anyone catch Monday's Daily Show? (if not there will be a repeat on at 7pm ET tues) They showed a peice where MM was being interviewed on the CBS early show. Almost right off the bat, the host asks him if his movie is propoganda.

MM: "I think the CBS evening news is propoganda"
    HOST: " Lets stick to talking about your movie"
    MM: "No, lets talk about CBS and the networks not asking the hard questions after 9/11"

And it went on for a couple more lines, but i was lauging my azz off, and the whole crowd was cheering, love him or hate him, politics is better off with him.

ntwrk is offline Junior Member
    Here is another link to some of his half truths in F911
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,124079,00.html

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Its just someone the democrats can all get together with and support since they really have no one else to support. Nor do they know whom they should support.
    First they support one guy, he doesnt win, then they support another, he doesnt win. Now they are FORCED to support Kerry. They keep jumping ship cause they see everyone else doing it.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Its just someone the democrats can all get together with and support since they really have no one else to support. Nor do they know whom they should support.
    First they support one guy, he doesnt win, then they support another, he doesnt win. Now they are FORCED to support Kerry. They keep jumping ship cause they see everyone else doing it.

wow, brilliant sentiment. not closed minded or silly in the least...bravo

I think John Stewart said it best, PPL aren't running towards a light, they are running away from an explosion. We'll see if that changes at all in the next few months.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    They have a final decission..

it will not be getting any "Documentary" awards, it was determined by the Academy that more than 50% of the information is not correct.. therefore it does not qualify........
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Democrats DO NOT want to associate themselves with Moore. This guy is a fanatical ideologue. He represents the far left of the political spectrum, maybe even the radical left. Wess Clark stood by a ridiculous statement made by Moore to the effect that "G.Bush was a deserter," and Clark was later abandoned by his moderate-democrat base of supporters.

John Kerry will avoid this idiot like the plague if he knows what is good for him. Who wins this election isnt going to be the tale of who the impoverished, the immigrants, and the homosexuals vote for, it will be who the middle-class votes for. The middle class is moderate, and for the most part, are intelligent enough to see that Moore is not someone they want writing history in his own words. This guy is way above his head. He is the last thing we need in American politics.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    They have a final decission..

it will not be getting any "Documentary" awards, it was determined by the Academy that more than 50% of the information is not correct.. therefore it does not qualify........

Maybe not outright lies, but way too subjective to be considered a documentary.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    ....plus he is a fat, lazy slob of a person......disgusting human being.....

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    Thanks for adding your much anticipated input to the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    wow, brilliant sentiment. not closed minded or silly in the least...bravo
    What are you talking about? You are telling me that at one time, EVERYONE was chanting DEAN DEAN DEAN. Then all of a sudden they are ALL yelling, KERRY KERRY KERRY. Tell me that is NOT FACT and I will believe myself to be close-minded and silly.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    With all the money he made, think how much fatter he is gonna get once he doesnt have to move around so much and can hire a live-in chef and house keeper.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

ttgb

thank you! fat bastard! greasy porkchop eating fat twinky snortin grease injecting mother ****er! sorry for the profanity staff.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

sp

he will be a south park character very soon. he fails to say that the clintons put together the meeting with the taliban in texas and that bush had nothing to do with it nor met with them. one of the many bs's in the movie. but no, i didnt give the fat **** my 7.50 i just bootlegged it. he is sooo far left its sad. i dont agree with a lot of bushs' decisions but people like moore is what the country should really wory about!

With all the money he made, think how much fatter he is gonna get once he doesnt have to move around so much and can hire a live-in chef and house keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian

no problem....anytime.....

sin
    What are you talking about? You are telling me that at one time, EVERYONE was chanting DEAN DEAN DEAN. Then all of a sudden they are ALL yelling, KERRY KERRY KERRY. Tell me that is NOT FACT and I will believe myself to be close-minded and silly.

tell me that this is something unique to people that follow one political party, and i will tell you your not close-minded and silly. most people are sheep regardless of political affilitation, and you think youve pegged ~150 million people based on one single characteristic.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Sin, a sheep calling others sheep, pathetic.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    thats what americans do

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Sin, a sheep calling others sheep, pathetic.

what the **** are you talking about, you are the epitome of the phrase. everything you say makes you look like the poster child for the republican party, talk about pathetic.

dude.....grow up.....

bigmack62 is offline Junior Member
    Micheal Moore Rocks

pinhead is offline Junior Member
    That fat prick just made a video that terrorists will use to recruit useless piece of trash!!!

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Even if a lot of his stuff is distorted, doesnt it still bother you that only 1 senator's son is in the military and none of the ppl he talked to were willing to enlist their son into it? And what about the guy from congress saying how they didnt read most of the bills that went through, and yet more and more bills are being passed that restrict our everyday lives..........i think he brings up some very interesting points.

3vil3lmo is offline Junior Member
    http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

http://www.christianitytoday.com/mo...renheit911.html

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/artic...RTICLE_ID=39012

http://fahrenheit_fact.blogspot.com/

http://moorewatch.com/

http://www.mooreexposed.com/f911.html

http://www.moveamericaforward.org/MichaelMoore/

Lol I love the sites you gave, MSN today, has a corporate agenda to address, whoevers the head, publishes. Remember that.
    A site from the Christian right! Yes, thats definatly going to be open minded, isn't this the same religion that killed and jailed people because they said the earth wasnt flat and we wernt the centre of the universe?
    I will go on about hte others later, I have to go now.

slizzut is offline Senior Member

I second that.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3vil3lmo
    http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

http://www.christianitytoday.com/mo...renheit911.html

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/artic...RTICLE_ID=39012

http://fahrenheit_fact.blogspot.com/

http://moorewatch.com/

http://www.mooreexposed.com/f911.html

http://www.moveamericaforward.org/MichaelMoore/

Lol I love the sites you gave, MSN today, has a corporate agenda to address, whoevers the head, publishes. Remember that.
    A site from the Christian right! Yes, thats definatly going to be open minded, isn't this the same religion that killed and jailed people because they said the earth wasnt flat and we wernt the centre of the universe?
    I will go on about hte others later, I have to go now.

Are you referring to something that happened hundreds and hundreds of years ago? Lol.

But i bet he won't get your $$ cuz you're gonna download it right???

And you know what MM would say? He would say he's glad you're watching the movie. I think thats the one thing about moore that surprises alot of ppl is that he encourages ppl to see his movie, whether they pay for it or not.

And i can't help but wonder what would happen if republicans were as nit picky about F911 as they were about Bush's lies.

Ok, I just got done reading through most of those links and skimming through a lil bit of it. The only one worth reading through (if you're interested) is the blogspot.com site, the others are extremely bias and most attack moore's integrity and rarely even question any of his points, they usually basically just say the movie is dishonest without say what was dishonest, and even when they do come up with a point to argue, it can be argued for or against moore.

This is most evident in the blogspot.com, which is just a list of several points that moore made in the movie and they actually have sources to back things up. As you can see by reading them, there's a few points that can be argued either way, but most of the time they just clarify it a lil bit, what moore is saying is still true. As I said earlier, of course the movie is not fair, Moore admits that himself, but he is able to juxtapose and suggest things according to how he wants to, perhaps in an unfair light.

On another note, I still have not seen the movie, although i still want to. Some of my friends have seen the movie, and they said it was nothing new, that they already knew everything that was said in the movie, but they said unless you kept up on the european papers its probably info you would never hear about, which is extremely unfortunate that the rest of the world knows this info about the US, and most americans don't. Another interesting piece of info, there was a study done on the 4 major networks(pbs,cbs,nbc,abc) on the 3 weeks leading up to persian gulf war 2, of the 396 interviews done, only 3 had anti-war view points.

BTW, in one of the links you gave, i'm not sure if you meant to, but there was one that actually talked about some of bush's scams. I found a really good link in there to an article in a british paper about the carlyle group, for those of you who haven't heard of it, this is one of the most disturbing associated with bush.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/wtccrash/s...3869%2C00.html
    Last edited by saboudian; 07-03-2004 at 01:14 AM.

Thread Information