tonytone is offline Anabolic Member

There's the door.....

So I have been dating this girl for a few months. She is super cool and down to earth with a good head on her shoulders, and smoking hot to boot. The type I could see myself in a relationship with. Things were going great, then the other day she just went ape sh*t on me. She obviously knows about my diet/training/sleeping/etc., and she seemed to be OK with it. Today we got in this argument because I didn't want to go eat with her. I told her I was going to eat my chicken breast and veggies at home. She starts going off on me about I need to "live my life", in other words break my diet to make her happy. She then starts complaining I'm always at the gym, and put too much $/time/effort into my training. She says "can't you just be normal?"... I said "are you crazy, I work this hard to NOT be normal, why can't you appreciate that?" She says we cant see each other anymore if I keep it up. I told her that "I did it before I met you, while I dated you, and I'll still be doing it when you're gone." What the fcuk, why can't she just enjoy the benefits? Needless to say she is gone. I just had to vent to the people I know might understand. Anyone experienced this? I'm going to the bar tonight.

Bob Balco is offline Banned
    Dude this seems to happen all the time. I am not commenting on your situation when I say this but I think some women are kind of insecure so they dont liek when they are with a guy that takes care of themself. Some women seem top be competitive that way even with their boyfriend or husband. Same can be said about men not wanting their women to work out and look better. I would guess that it was a control thing and you are lucky its over with now. I have had similar things happen with girlfriends and it used to bother me. I do think some guys maybe over do the whole bodybuilding lifestyle and they seem like a real conceited person to others who dont understand.

I try not to do things like wear super tight shirts and look in the mirror much when I am out with women. I try to see things from both sides and I think it would be a joke to be with a lady that was real stuck on herself, wore revealing clothes all the time, and constantly looked in the mirror. Bottom line is when dating I try to look for more fitness oriented women and that seems to make things lots smoother. SportsCenter and working out have strained a few relationships for me.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    ohhh man.... women.... its hard you need to find a girl who does the same as you .... gym diet ext .... good luck bro.... remember if u really like her get back together

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    no woman likes to play 2nd fiddle............

and no woman wants thier man to have a mistress... (the gym)

Sorry for your loss..............
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    You are probably in great shape- doesn't she appreciate that when the clothes come off! Every woman I have gone out with encourages me to keep going to the gym because I look great and have endurance in bed. WTF! But....you can still go out to dinner once in a while, there are plenty of choices at resturants that are acceptable for a BB.
    Last edited by mark956101957; 07-20-2004 at 08:41 PM.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    From a womans view...personally...I would love to be with a man that was totally devoted to BB. Just as long as he took me with him, trained with me...etc. I wish I could find a man totally devoted to this lifestyle.

Silly girls.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

V_Xsucks is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    From a womans view...personally...I would love to be with a man that was totally devoted to BB. Just as long as he took me with him, trained with me...etc. I wish I could find a man totally devoted to this lifestyle.

Silly girls.
    You are the best.

Of course I am. Sigh....but still single
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    dont give in whatso ever shell get over it

AnabolicAlien Guest

hehe...

that's why i try to only fcuk girls from the gym.

E.T.
    Last edited by AnabolicAlien; 07-20-2004 at 10:10 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned

Silly girls.
    just ask me out baby, you dont have to keep beatin around the bush..lol

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    I've been married for fifteen years and have two daughters - most women are constantly pushing buttons to see where they stand. Spywizard is dead on. You just gotta keep looking till you find someone strong enough and comfortable enough with themselves to let you be you.

Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    I've been married for fifteen years and have two daughters - most women are constantly pushing buttons to see where they stand. Spywizard is dead on. You just gotta keep looking till you find someone strong enough and comfortable enough with themselves to let you be you.
    no matter what, always trust us Georgia ppl right eli... hes dead on, trust him... cant go wrong with a georgia cracker..

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    no matter what, always trust us Georgia ppl right eli... hes dead on, trust him... cant go wrong with a georgia cracker..
    Actually, everything I say here is bull****. Now you done went and made me feel wrong about it.

You caught me .... ****.

By me a protein shake big boy???

just ask me out baby, you dont have to keep beatin around the bush..lol

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    It's very tough for a girl to feel that she's "second" to something that many people who aren't involved in the bodybuilding culture don't understand. To her, the reciprocity of the relationship doesn't seem to be there. On one end, you're dieting and training, on the other hand she wants to go out, relax and eat. The two clash and conflict.

Bodybuilding is a passion, just like collecting butterflies, playing sports or even reading books. If a women doesn't understand or appreciate your passion, try explaining it to her and invite her to enjoy it with you. If not, either you work it out and she understands, or you compromise.

If you think she's a keeper, go back after her and explain your side of it and try to come to some sort of compromise.

You caught me .... ****.

By me a protein shake big boy???
    ill do ya one better.....(this is not sexual for all you pervs...lol) i but protein in bulk and make smooties... so ill cook your dinner darling.. and educate you on how to take someone down hard..lol without mace or cuffs...

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    ill do ya one better.....(this is not sexual for all you pervs...lol) i but protein in bulk and make smooties... so ill cook your dinner darling.. and educate you on how to take someone down hard..lol without mace or cuffs...
    All those dots are making me nervous.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    you made the right choice bro. if she was trying to change you lifestyle in the early part of the relationship just imagine what else she woulda tried to pull if it went long term.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    you made the right choice bro. if she was trying to change you lifestyle in the early part of the relationship just imagine what else she woulda tried to pull if it went long term.
    yeah, tell me about it. Telling me that was the first and ONLY sign that she needed to get to going...

Thread Information