Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Harvey Balboner is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    One of CO2s posts about tipping that guy who stands in the bathroom to hand you a towel.
    He tries to make you feel bad when you dont give him a dollar tip just because he handed you a paper towel that you could have gotten yourself.
    Or he thinks that the gum and candy he has out is worth a dollar. Please, that shlt tastes like the colongue he has out right beside it. Take a piece of candy and it literally tastes like soap or old spice.
    It makes me not even wanna dry my hands so I dont have to use anything the guy hands me.
    i agree 100%, it's amazing at the strip club how many guys don't wash their hands to avoid tipping the guy. i just thank him for the towel and leave.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    If you were or are a roofer .. you would know and understand the meaning of quality work and workmanship... servers who work hard in THEIR PROFESSION also appreciate quality and service ... and workmanship in another way or level... yes not sweating their corns off on a roof but by listening to and putting up with RUDE, SMELLY ROOFERS with a smile on their face the whole **** time .. while they should be layin a smack out to the teeth area.

but, that comes in different ways I AM SURE... how bout a nice boogie in your BURGER, there chunks.

:

Same topic in the other thread awhile back.
    The servers who expect tips feel they can take it upon themselves to desicrate the food they are serving because they dont like the customers they are waiting on. The booger in the burger thing is the reason why you dont deserve tips. You feel you can spit in food or whatever just because you want to. You make an excuse for it such as "he wasnt gonna tip, or he was rude ordering"
    How bout that ever so popular "RECIEPT error thing" where you add a little too much to the total so you assuridly get your tip.
    OR, the visine in the drink trick. Those are just some of the classic lame ass techniques that YOU SNIFFLING college punk ass broke ass losers do to make your day more enjoyable.

After reading that post, I think my tips just dropped down to 5-10 percent.
    DO YOUR JOB or QUIT your job.

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorcc
    Okay boys-
    It's time someone learned you on how to friggin tip! I'm so sick of getting the shaft when I bust my ass* for your families! Yes, it's you family guys (not girls) that need tipping 101. Scale goes as follows-

1. If your waiter sucks, he/she still helped your family---- 10% of total
    2. If your waiter was very helpful and friendly---- 15% of total
    3. If your waiter busted his trash, kept a smile on his face, and never friggen flinched when you asked him to run and grab something else for the fifteenth time---- 20%+++ of total!
    (I fall under the third category more often than not, and am very offended when you don't understand that it is your tips that are paying for my education).

If the waiter sucks - 0% Gratuity is not mandatory.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Okay boys-
    It's time someone learned you on how to friggin tip! I'm so sick of getting the shaft when I bust my ass* for your families! Yes, it's you family guys (not girls) that need tipping 101. Scale goes as follows-

1. If your waiter sucks, he/she still helped your family---- 10% of total
    2. If your waiter was very helpful and friendly---- 15% of total
    3. If your waiter busted his trash, kept a smile on his face, and never friggen flinched when you asked him to run and grab something else for the fifteenth time---- 20%+++ of total!
    (I fall under the third category more often than not, and am very offended when you don't understand that it is your tips that are paying for my education).

I´ll tip absolutely no body. Sometimes when I´m feeling generous I might, but I don´t get tipped for doing my job and I sure as hell don´t feel obliged to tip anyone else for doing theirs.

Spyder Guest
    HERE IS A WHOLE WEBSITE DEVOTED TO SH1TTY TIPPERS ... JUST HAPPENED TO FALL ON MY LAP
    http://www.bitterwaitress.com/std/

doctorcc is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    I always leave a big tip ... I dont fricken care.. tho I know when I go back in .. and get the same person .. they're gonna look after me...
    This is true! I comp things all the time for return guests that ask for me. Learn a few names around town, and see how far it gets you.

doctorcc is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I´ll tip absolutely no body. Sometimes when I´m feeling generous I might, but I don´t get tipped for doing my job and I sure as hell don´t feel obliged to tip anyone else for doing theirs.
    Wow- and I bet that impresses the dates. Lame A-ss!

"HuhHuh- I'm not gonna leave the fu*ker anything... HuhHuh- look at me, I'm a bad a-ss."
    Last edited by doctorcc; 08-16-2004 at 03:37 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned

"HuhHuh- I'm not gonna leave the fu*ker anything... HuhHuh- look at me, I'm a bad a-ss."
    bro attack bouncer isnt to smart..lol as for your defensiveness about not being tipped, i can honestly say ive never shorted anyone far as their tip, always tipped the good ones, and never the bad ones... id say since you dont get many tips.. u must be a bad one who dont see it... its ok though get another job and stop bitching about the one you have.

Actually there is one situation where I do not tip...

Some restaurants here in Montreal have started giving "european" bills (15% tip included in the total of the bill).

That pi$ses me off A LOT.

Now unless the service was crappy they will get that 15% on the bill, but not a dämm penny more (and you bet I won't ever return to that restaurant). Whats annoying is that I am not even sure the my waiter is getting that money.

Unfortunately thats happenning more and more around here.

Red

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Ahhh, see now comping is different but a high % of servers do not comp anywhere near enough and yet they still want to be tipped big for what little they do comp. Comping is almost outside of tipping, it's like greasing the door guys at a club.....you give them money because they do something for you. What does the average server do for a table above and beyond what their manager demands they do AND not above what the customer wants? Should a customer be forced to pay for exemplary service if all he wants is a low level of service? An example:

1.) Take my order
    2.) Bring jug of beer, water, or pot of coffee, then you don't need to come back
    3.) Bring food when it's ready
    4.) Return once, ask if everything is OK. Now f*ck off and let the people eat.
    5.) Bring the bill.

Your boss will straight up fire you if you refuse to do any of 1, 2, 3 or 5. That leaves 4, you really expect a 20% tip for asking if the food is OK? Tell you what, we can skip that step and I'll let the manager know if the food is not acceptable. Easier on you, cheaper for the customer.

This is true! I comp things all the time for return guests that ask for me. Learn a few names around town, and see how far it gets you.

mass junkie is offline banned

I think bouncer should put his ass pic as your avatar

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Actually there is one situation where I do not tip...

Some restaurants here in Montreal have started giving "european" bills (15% tip included in the total of the bill).

That pi$ses me off A LOT.

Now unless the service was crappy they will get that 15% on the bill, but not a dämm penny more (and you bet I won't ever return to that restaurant). Whats annoying is that I am not even sure the my waiter is getting that money.

Unfortunately thats happenning more and more around here.

Red
    Worst tipping experience of my life. We went to an all-you-can-eat Indian Buffet. There were 6 of us. They (without warning - and we didn't look at menus to read the warning, since it was a freaking buffet) charged an 18% gratuity fee, on an already expensive meal. Now, i usually leave a little bit (at least a buck) on a buffet, plus, if there's a cook (like an omlette or stir fry station, etc -- i'll leave something there as well)...but 18% gratuity for nothing? For cleaning up after us? They brought water once, did not return except to deliver the bill...

Total horsesh*t if you ask me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information