Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fat Guy is offline Senior Member

Who has the toughest job?

Who has the toughest job? I just read a thread about someone crying because they thought they were deserving more than what they were worth… Come on I know there are some people in here who have some tough a$$ jobs and I was wonder who had the toughest job... Now toughest is a vague description so describe what tough means (rough climate conditions, stress, physical labor, demand, dealing with sh*ty people, ECT…) :spudnikfl

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Soldiers, anyone who has a rifle, helmet, and bullet proof vest in their daily attire has got to have the toughest job. Cops would also fit in here, but soldiers in a diff country dont get to sleep at thier nice house everynite. Foxholes and barracks in the desert when you could actually die the next day and dont know who has a bomb straped to them is a pretty $hitty job.

worldknown is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Soldiers, anyone who has a rifle, helmet, and bullet proof vest in their daily attire has got to have the toughest job. Cops would also fit in here, but soldiers in a diff country dont get to sleep at thier nice house everynite. Foxholes and barracks in the desert when you could actually die the next day and dont know who has a bomb straped to them is a pretty $hitty job.
    i agree, god bless the soldiers in Iraq and for whoever died there too.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    yes, god bless the soldiers but they dont know how good they have it. I have to babysit a 12 year old, and i only make about $400 a week to play video games and play golf.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Might as well close the thread. Hands down, dead on right!

mustang331 is offline Member
    soldiers because they know they are risking there life...

I got a good one for you guys...

What job in America is considered the most dangerous???

Dangerous=more people die in this field than any other.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    soldiers definitley bit what about the president. a comedian by the name of carlos mencia had a real good insight on this.... of you have a bad day what does that mean? the coffee machine broke or something? when the president has a bad day....everybody dies....

dannyisaacs is offline Member
    no way i have the toughest job i look at hot women every day in the airport an i cant touch them. lol it really sucks

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang331

I am not sure....But I am sure you ain't gonna get me out on one of those crab boats.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang331

men that are on fishing boats in the open ocean. that is the most dangerous job. it had the highest fatality rate last i knew

mustang331 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by w_rballs
    men that are on fishing boats in the open ocean. that is the most dangerous job. it had the highest fatality rate last i knew

Yup.. That, and cab drivers through out the us.

Employment
    Dying To Work: America's Most Dangerous Jobs
    Dan Ackman, 09.03.02, 8:00 AM ET

NEW YORK - Normally, the Bureau of Labor Statistics releases its workplace safety data in August, before Labor Day. This year the data will be delayed a month because of Sept. 11. That date, on which more than 3,000 people died, most of them at work, will skew the workplace fatality data dramatically. But in a normal year, like 2000, the most dangerous jobs do not involve firefighting or police work; they involve cutting timber and fishing.

The number of people who died at work in 2000 is 5,915. This includes people who died of a heart attack while sitting at their desks, as well as those who died in the course of specific duties, such as a cop gunned down by a bank robber. But while police and firefighter deaths make the news, neither job is among the most fatal, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports--at least not in a normal year.

America's Most Dangerous Jobs
    Job Number Of Fatalities Fatality Rate*
    Timber Cutters 105 122.1
    Fishermen 52 108.3
    Pilots 230 100.8
    Structural Metal Workers 47 59.5
    Extractive Occupations 69 53.9
    Roofers 65 30.2
    Construction Workers 288 28.3
    Truck Drivers 852 27.6
    All Occupations 5,915 4.3

All data for calendar year 2000. *Deaths per 100,000 employed. Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Labor

In 2000, timber cutters had the most dangerous job, suffering 122 deaths per 100,000 employed. These workers toil in the woods accessible by dirt roads, with heavy machinery and amongst falling trees. The second most dangerous occupation is fishing, with fishermen dying at a rate of 108 per 100,000 of those employed. Airplane pilots have the third most dangerous occupation, with a death rate of 101 per 100,000. Nearly all of these deaths resulted from small-plane crashes, not on passenger jets.

Structural metal workers and what the BLS calls extractive occupations (mining and drilling) round out the list of the top five most dangerous occupations, though neither group dies on the job at even half the rate of timber cutters. Nationwide, 142 police officers and 43 firefighters died on the job in 2000.

The third most common cause of death on the job in 2000 was homicide, which claimed 677 workers. Fifty cops were murdered. But so were 205 salespeople. Falls were the second most common cause of death, accounting for 12% of the total. Not surprisingly, roofers and structural metal workers were the most likely to meet this fate.

The most common cause of death on the job in 2000, however, was the car accident, accounting for 23% of the total. Even police officers were slightly more likely to die behind the wheel than by homicide.

More From Forbes
    America's Best-Paying And Worst-Paying Jobs 09.03.02
    If you want to make money, stay out of the kitchen.

1 of 1

Of course, the question was "toughest job" not "most dangerous". Just realized that.

Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    Dentists?

radar1234 is offline Member
    most dangerous:alaskan crab fisherman

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    most dangerous:alaskan crab fisherman
    Yup..

I am amazed everyone has left out Rodeo Clown

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    yes, god bless the soldiers but they dont know how good they have it. I have to babysit a 12 year old, and i only make about $400 a week to play video games and play golf.
    They dont know how good they have it. Youre comparing a brat lil 12 year old to carrying a rifle in an Iraqi street? My jaw is dropped. $400 a week?!?! I would kill for that. I doubt if I made 400 a month cooking this summer. At school I get 300 a month for being contracted in ROTC. After college its barracks for me and youll be sitting on your ass playing video games. I spose you get to go out to eat when ever you want. Have you ever eaten an MRE? Theyre good in the field when its that or kill something but when you get back to the world they seem like the most disgusting thing on the planet.

They dont know how good they have it. Youre comparing a brat lil 12 year old to carrying a rifle in an Iraqi street? My jaw is dropped. $400 a week?!?! I would kill for that. I doubt if I made 400 a month cooking this summer. At school I get 300 a month for being contracted in ROTC. After college its barracks for me and youll be sitting on your ass playing video games. I spose you get to go out to eat when ever you want. Have you ever eaten an MRE? Theyre good in the field when its that or kill something but when you get back to the world they seem like the most disgusting thing on the planet.

I thought jdawg was kidding. Please tell me he was just kidding.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy
    Who has the toughest job? I just read a thread about someone crying because they thought they were deserving more than what they were worth… Come on I know there are some people in here who have some tough a$$ jobs and I was wonder who had the toughest job... Now toughest is a vague description so describe what tough means (rough climate conditions, stress, physical labor, demand, dealing with sh*ty people, ECT…) :spudnikfl
    I do. They took away my secretary so now I have to pick up my own lunch. **** Heathens!

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    US marines!

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Computer technician.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Bouncers have it pretty rough.

Firefighters are tough.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    i say marts asshole has the toughest job. it always gets abused and roughed up.

lol, relax bro, i was being sarcastic saying how im hooked up with a sweet summer job. Im going Special Forces after i am through with my GE, trust me, I know whos got it bad and who doesnt. lmao

and btw, this kid has ADHDx1,000,000,000,000, and hes a littl biotch. spoiled little rich kid who gets his arse beat at school. If I ever have a kid like him hes going to boot camp for sure. Still way better than my last job.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Well the last 4 years I sold cars, and going on test drives with some of those idiots was pretty dangerous. I am making a career change and going in to Union Iron work, so I will be making 30 bucks an hour for what alot of people make 10 bucks an hour to do. Working on bridges and skyscrapers is pretty dangerous I guess. Hopefully I can retire in the next 5 years if my investment plans pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I do. They took away my secretary so now I have to pick up my own lunch. **** Heathens!
    Funny sh*t

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Since when do fast food workers have secrataries?

miked512 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by builtthekid
    Computer technician.
    You're right.

I can't be a technician. Crap sucks ... dealing with people wondering "why can't I find the any key??"

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Bomb sweeper.

You go out in the sand or dirt with a stick and poke around on the ground looking for landmines. You have to poke around so the stick hits the side of the mine and not the top. If you hit the top of the mine with the stick, early retirement.

That has got to be number one the list of tough and dangerous jobs. Not physically tough, but it's got to be hell on your mind every day. And if you have a wife and kids, forget about it.

My friend was telling me about his sister who is a certified nurse’s assistant who works in a convalescent home. He was telling me that she has to clean sh*t out of old people’s a$$. Man that is a tough job. He said she only made 8.00 an hour to do this. You would have to pay me a whole lot more than 8 an hour to wipe a$$. I do not think I would do it for even $30.00 an hour. How much would it take you to wipe a$$?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    US marines!

I like you.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    US soliders more specifically Special Operations Soliders- just during indoctranation ive witnessed 3 training accidents resulting in death not to mention actual combat. Its not healthy to be the tip of the spear.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    If we are going to do it that way, then I would say the British SAS. They make the rest of the world's SF look like children.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    LOL I wouldnt go that Far but the 22nd SAS regiment are badass's, little none fact though is the SBS (special boat service) operators have reached a level of badass'd in there own right.

l6873 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    Employment
    Dying To Work: America's Most Dangerous Jobs
    Dan Ackman, 09.03.02, 8:00 AM ET

NEW YORK - Normally, the Bureau of Labor Statistics releases its workplace safety data in August, before Labor Day. This year the data will be delayed a month because of Sept. 11. That date, on which more than 3,000 people died, most of them at work, will skew the workplace fatality data dramatically. But in a normal year, like 2000, the most dangerous jobs do not involve firefighting or police work; they involve cutting timber and fishing.

The number of people who died at work in 2000 is 5,915. This includes people who died of a heart attack while sitting at their desks, as well as those who died in the course of specific duties, such as a cop gunned down by a bank robber. But while police and firefighter deaths make the news, neither job is among the most fatal, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports--at least not in a normal year.

America's Most Dangerous Jobs
    Job Number Of Fatalities Fatality Rate*
    Timber Cutters 105 122.1
    Fishermen 52 108.3
    Pilots 230 100.8
    Structural Metal Workers 47 59.5
    Roofers 65 30.2
    Construction Workers 288 28.3
    Truck Drivers 852 27.6
    All Occupations 5,915 4.3

All data for calendar year 2000. *Deaths per 100,000 employed. Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Labor

In 2000, timber cutters had the most dangerous job, suffering 122 deaths per 100,000 employed. These workers toil in the woods accessible by dirt roads, with heavy machinery and amongst falling trees. The second most dangerous occupation is fishing, with fishermen dying at a rate of 108 per 100,000 of those employed. Airplane pilots have the third most dangerous occupation, with a death rate of 101 per 100,000. Nearly all of these deaths resulted from small-plane crashes, not on passenger jets.

Structural metal workers and what the BLS calls extractive occupations (mining and drilling) round out the list of the top five most dangerous occupations, though neither group dies on the job at even half the rate of timber cutters. Nationwide, 142 police officers and 43 firefighters died on the job in 2000.

The third most common cause of death on the job in 2000 was homicide, which claimed 677 workers. Fifty cops were murdered. But so were 205 salespeople. Falls were the second most common cause of death, accounting for 12% of the total. Not surprisingly, roofers and structural metal workers were the most likely to meet this fate.

The most common cause of death on the job in 2000, however, was the car accident, accounting for 23% of the total. Even police officers were slightly more likely to die behind the wheel than by homicide.

More From Forbes
    America's Best-Paying And Worst-Paying Jobs 09.03.02
    If you want to make money, stay out of the kitchen.

1 of 1

Of course, the question was "toughest job" not "most dangerous". Just realized that.
    Most dangerous would be the president of the US. 4 out of 43 have been assassinated. Nothing even comes close. But if you count heart attacks etc, make that 8/43.

Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    toughest job? Greenchaining at a lumbermill..

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by l6873
    Most dangerous would be the president of the US. 4 out of 43 have been assassinated. Nothing even comes close. But if you count heart attacks etc, make that 8/43.
    ahhh, statistically speaking, you are correct

pretty_tony is offline Associate Member
    nurses who wipe old peoples asses in the nursing homes

i think i do, i dig ditches all day in the sun with gatorade my only friend.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    seman collector at a chicken farm... pays $5 per hour.. and all the chicken you can eat
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information