Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    seanw is offline Banned
    So what about getting the traffic light thingy working that supposed to show reputation. God only knows how that will work, just a thought. Easiest thing is to get rid of the post count entirely then you wont have any issues at all.

Be Real is offline Banned
    Only a attention whore would care if their post count goes up or not. Good move by sytem admin. Usually when I see a high post count and 1000 threads started by the same person I immediately think idiot. I remember when I first joined the board I saw every other post was created by messy and I thought wow this guy must run this place. Then I read the posts and thought the opposite.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Be Real
    Only a attention whore would care if their post count goes up or not. Good move by sytem admin. Usually when I see a high post count and 1000 threads started by the same person I immediately think idiot. I remember when I first joined the board I saw every other post was created by messy and I thought wow this guy must run this place. Then I read the posts and thought the opposite.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    It is kind of like the size of my internet penis...........very important to my fantasies I see your point but there is only so much info one can post on a drug profile . There is only so many ways someone can post how to cook an egg, or a workout routine. Let's not forget we are not scientists reinventing the wheel here.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion

lol

It appears that I may have posted a legitimate argument for post whoring, system admin seems stunned and unable to respond!

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    I love this idea. There are so many retards with 1000+ posts when it comes to dieting, AAS, workout, etc. This is a forum dedicated to fitness, nutrition, and anabolics not for chatting about this hot chick you supposedly hooked up with to make your internet penis seem larger. I have a realtively low post count for being here 2+ years but probably havent posted 100 times in the lounge. The direction this board is going more towards newbies everyday making it even easier to increase post count and the knowledge of others at the same time. Hell there are retards like DaBull with 10,000+ posts that look like sh*t, give sh*tty advice, but have respect because of post count. I wish it would go back to the way it was when I first joined; there was no post count. You had to decide if someone was legitimate just by seeing their avatar over and over giving out solid advice in all aspects.

God save the RETARDS.

Remember they are Gods (special) children.......lol

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    Perhaps we can have two post counts... One for the lounge and one for the rest of the board?
    This is fine with me, but people can be post whores just as easy in the steriod section as they can in the lounge. I say if people want to be post whores then let them be post whores. Maybe the Mods should make everyone newbies until you guys decide who should shoot up the ranks...Althought that would take you guys about 12 hours a week lol!

Stout1 is offline Banned
    Good Move!

Stout1 is offline Banned
    It has to start some where. How many posts would you have if it were not for the lounge?

bc
    260 posts

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Didnt we take away the post count for awhile and some people started bitching about that so it came back?

Post count means nothing...except lack of life.

LOL This from a man with 6000 posts LOL Love ya Palme
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    doesn't bother me, i don't spend too much time in the lounge. but like the others have said, post count doesn't always mean experienced.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    if lounge posts are going to count again, can i get credit for this one too?? lol jk..put a poll up to see which side it favors..

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Boooooooooooooooooo!

OG

huntermjones is offline New Member

How Long Before Workout Should I Dose Stan Qv 50

Please Respond. I My Thigh Is In Bad Pain From My First Dose. Do I Juice An Hour Before Training?

BDTR is offline Retired
    ok....

Quote Originally Posted by huntermjones
    Please Respond. I My Thigh Is In Bad Pain From My First Dose. Do I Juice An Hour Before Training?

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    good move it will sort out them newbies with 1000 posts in 2 months ,but dam its going to take ages to get to 500.

Elysium is offline Productive Member

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    why does post count bother you?
    I think it bothers those who don't really come here to help out and assist.
    Those who are not educators.

Precisely why I think it's a good move. You should only get "credit" for posts that in some way/shape/form help out the purpose of the board which is EDUCATION.

~SC~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Yay, the 100th reply in this thread.......................................

Bro, it's your board, no explanation needed.

All you have to offer is:

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, LEAVE".

Really, this shouldn't make/break anyone's day. If it does, then somebody has some serious issues or a very BORNING life.

~SC~

This is not something that has been decided yet. Post count does not make you here. Your ability to help and your willingness to help does. The lounge was only created to take a break from the anabolic, diet, training, etc... talk. It is still an awesome place to come. Hell, I love coming in here and reading some of the stuff that gets posted up. But threads like "A thread about nothing" is created to ONLY bring up post count? Funny stuff 90% of the time, but post count does not mean anything. I have been here from the start and my post count is LOW. I dont have all the answers when it come to anabolics and training, but I know who to go ask when I have questions because of the posts that were made by the members here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Yay, the 100th reply in this thread.......................................
    101th dumbass haha

Open the garage door when you let your car run homeboy.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by huntermjones

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    101th dumbass haha
    No, actually, it's the 101th post, but like I said, 100th REPLY........

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    No, actually, it's the 101th post, but like I said, 100th REPLY........
    ahhhhhhhhh lol

Be Real is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Bro, it's your board, no explanation needed.

All you have to offer is:

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, LEAVE".

Really, this shouldn't make/break anyone's day. If it does, then somebody has some serious issues or a very BORNING life.

~SC~

I think its a good move on system admins part getting feedback and improving the board based on that feedback. If this board was a dont like it leave kind of board, I for one would be outta here and i'm sure many others would be too. Cant please everyone but it sure doesnt hurt to try.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    i like it

decadbal is offline Banned
    sadly my post count will prolly stay the same...lol im not gonna go bicker back and forth in the steroid and workout forum with 175lb ppl about what works best to gain or lose wt. lol.

system admin is offline Owner
    We will leave this thread running so that we can get more feedback. I like all of the comments so far.

Bc

We will leave this thread running so that we can get more feedback. I like all of the comments so far.

Bc
    my ? is, if post count dont matter so much, then why care if ppl post in the lounge and it count? i agree the postwhore threads like, OFF. thread about nothing should be deleted. either way if the post counts dont matter, why stop lettin them count, or even let any count on any forum? it doesnt take ppl long here to figure out who knows what and so on. and is the no post counting in the lounge for everyone, or is it just us underling non-vet/mod ppl.

I think that the lounge is discounted way too much. This is the heart of the board ,without it, it would be a sterile cold place. The internet is not real but some of the friendships are.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I think that the lounge is discounted way too much. This is the heart of the board ,without it, it would be a sterile cold place. The internet is not real but some of the friendships are.
    i agree, if boards didnt have a place for fellowship or for ppl to get to know each other, the board would easily die IMO. no one wants to stay at an uptight place, without knowing the ppl your gettin info from, who would trust it?

If this board was a dont like it leave kind of board, I for one would be outta here
    Many would, but it wouldn't change the value of the location.

~SC~

i dont think the attitude of "if u dont like it leave" should ever be used on a board, by a mod, vet or anyone, the mods, vets and so on dont make aboard great at all, they control it and help ppl, but the members make a board, same with the citizens make a country, u start treating ppl like crap and saying stuff like that, then it will be badmouthed and ppl wont come, then u have a empty board, which closes.. when ppl feel unappreciated, they generally wont deal with it long. there are far to many boards that care and appreciate the members to sit and take crap from other ppl on kicks (not saying anyone here) just generally. i know that i like a laid back board, where the ppl are close and so on, i dont like the class system on a board, bc really, none of the mods or vets are any better than anyone else..

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i dont like the class system on a board, bc really, none of the mods or vets are any better than anyone else..
    I disagree

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Many would, but it wouldn't change the value of the location.

~SC~
    How many of those are valued customers that shop ASN or even your site and how many of those are people how invite others over because this is both a great site for all info related to training and a great place to chat with others that share the same interests?

I think post count gets way too much attention. I don't base my decision on who to get advice from on post count......hell you didn't have much of one when I got your help two years ago....any anyone that soley bases their decision of reliablity on how many posts one has deserves what they get. If you are serious about AS or BB, you read and learn ..... you don't follow somone because they have 9000 posts.

I get PM's from people, men and women asking advice ... on this site and others where I have under 50 post ... because of my pics and and the way I have answered threads, not my post count.

At any rate, I believe there should be a better way to assign reputation other than post count.

I don't believe that not counting posts in the lounge is going to reduce the amount of useless posts.....as you can see those who like the lounge are still posting....I do think that if the goal is to reduce the bandwidth...etc...better moderation is the key.

Good luck BC. It's a good board and Im sure you'll keep it that way.
    Last edited by Commando_Barbi; 01-23-2005 at 11:08 AM.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    I disagree
    well except you... any X of mine is clearly subpar..lol

mass junkie is offline banned
    I agree with what you're saying deca .....

but to show i really dont give a **** about post count.....
    Vette can drop mine back to 0...

Ive been around long enough........

and I dont offer any advise on any steroid that Ive never used because I feel it should all be on experience...not whats written in a book.....besides I will only stick to 3 to 4 compounds the entire time that I decide to play this game!!!
    Diet isnt my strongpoint....I'd get torn to shredz in that forum
    My training practices go against the norm as well...but it works for me

Bottom line is. I'll always be a part of this board..its where I started.. and I have respect for about 98% of the people here..... so its all good

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I Think it's a GREAT idea. Post count doesn't matter. If Deca had 1 or 10000 post he'd still be an ass! J/k

Remember Da Bull? 10000+ posts and he was this boards "most respected member"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information