Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 80
  1. #1
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345

    I think I hurt myself.

    Last night I was working on Shoulders and I was in my 3rd set of Shoulder Presses and on the 13th rep I felt a slight stingr, It was only 315lbs. I am used to much more I thought nothing of it then hit the "heavy" set and moved on to Lateral Raises with 85lbs and on the 18th rep of my warm up set i had to drop the weight and head out because my shoulder was throbbing and I couldnt lift my arm up. So today im heading to a therapist/accupuncturist and see what they can do. Any ideas on what it possibly can be? Im pretty nervous about it.

  2. #2
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    haha

    right?

  3. #3
    GetinBig's Avatar
    GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,592
    Where in your shoulder bro.. Mine does it some times. I think it is my Rotator cuff..

    But it don't do it all of the time.. When you do presses how far do you come down?? I only go down until my arms are at 90º. That works the best for me..



    Like bdtr said Ya right....315 hmmmmmm

  4. #4
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    You're joking right?

    85 lb lat raises for 18 reps. etc..

  5. #5
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    "You're good, you."


  6. #6
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    no it actually is killing my right now. Im alternating between a heatpack, and an icepack.

    haha nothing, it is actually killing me, ive been downing perc's all morning

  7. #7
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    Quote Originally Posted by GetinBig
    Where in your shoulder bro.. Mine does it some times. I think it is my Rotator cuff..

    But it don't do it all of the time.. When you do presses how far do you come down?? I only go down until my arms are at 90º. That works the best for me..



    Like bdtr said Ya right....315 hmmmmmm
    I went down a little below 90 Im starting to think its my cuff.

  8. #8
    GetinBig's Avatar
    GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,592
    Yeah bro I would prolly bet money on it..

    I was doing Military Presses one day with 225 and this older guy was bitching at me saying that I am going to need cuff surgery one day because I do it wrong.. I was only going to 90º. He goes lower and he has the scars. What a dip sh́t. I told him to shut the hell up and go do something.. I have talked to many people about it and anything below 90º is not good..

    Let me know what the doc says..

    GB

  9. #9
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    Quote Originally Posted by GetinBig
    Yeah bro I would prolly bet money on it..

    I was doing Military Presses one day with 225 and this older guy was bitching at me saying that I am going to need cuff surgery one day because I do it wrong.. I was only going to 90º. He goes lower and he has the scars. What a dip sh́t. I told him to shut the hell up and go do something.. I have talked to many people about it and anything below 90º is not good..

    Let me know what the doc says..

    GB
    Thanks man, I appreciate it.

  10. #10
    GetinBig's Avatar
    GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,592
    Yup Yup..

  11. #11
    G-Force's Avatar
    G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    London Baby
    Posts
    3,168
    85lb lateral raises as a WARM UP?

    i use 85's for dumbell pressing

  12. #12
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    yeah....

  13. #13
    GetinBig's Avatar
    GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    85lb lateral raises as a WARM UP?

    i use 85's for dumbell pressing

    He is a big boy.

  14. #14
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    I just wanna see 18 rep strict lat raises with 85 lbers. I can move 85 lbers but not for those reps with any good form. I didn't know he was a big guy..

  15. #15
    GetinBig's Avatar
    GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,592
    Just makin him feel better....

  16. #16
    jc3's Avatar
    jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    739
    Man I have tore both cuffs. Left one twice. If that's the case you are gonna be messed for a bit and probably never back 100%. I hope you didn't. Good luck and get well man. When I tore mine I couldn't even push my arm towards the ceiling with an old nurse holding it. I used to work for a beverage distribution company....way to much overhead repetitive motion.

  17. #17
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    I have nothing to prove, why would I lie?

  18. #18
    needmorestrength's Avatar
    needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    7,079
    Because My internet dick is bigger

  19. #19
    cpt steele's Avatar
    cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Because My internet dick is bigger

    Doubt it mine is huge

  20. #20
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    IRELAND.
    Posts
    7,772
    Whats 85lbs in Kgs?. I don't think it'll be that much.

  21. #21
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Whats 85lbs in Kgs?. I don't think it'll be that much.
    its only 38.6364 kilos. I dont know what the big deal is guys...

  22. #22
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    about 38kg i believe. That's just a lot for 18 reps is all, if they're real side raises and not swinging dumbells into the air.

  23. #23
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    about 38kg i believe. That's just a lot for 18 reps is all, if they're real side raises and not swinging dumbells into the air.
    My form is strict and precise, no jerking and no nudges.

  24. #24
    the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Location
    up an ass
    Posts
    15,715
    you must be in ronnies league then thats pretty high weights i must say and if your form is good then even more impressive, whats your stats?

    peace

  25. #25
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    Well then im impressed, i can MP 405 for a double and cant get 18 reps with 85 lb dumbells on lat raises, then again I don't incorperate them into my workout.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    My form is strict and precise, no jerking and no nudges.

  26. #26
    the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Location
    up an ass
    Posts
    15,715
    btw no heat, only ice if its ligament damage heat will not do any good

    peace

  27. #27
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    Quote Originally Posted by The Original Jason
    btw no heat, only ice if its ligament damage heat will not do any good

    peace
    Thanks, has anyone tried accupuncture? or deep tissue?

  28. #28
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    Deep tissue has helped me a bit, but i think its overrated. Never done accupuncture though.

  29. #29
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    IRELAND.
    Posts
    7,772
    I use 30Kg DB's for lateral raises but only in the 10-12 rep range, but then I've genetically good shoulders.

    Back to the topic;

    Have you tried cortisone shots in the shot yet, or is this just a new injury?. I've done the cortisone and found them brilliant.

  30. #30
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I use 30Kg DB's for lateral raises but only in the 10-12 rep range, but then I've genetically good shoulders.

    Back to the topic;

    Have you tried cortisone shots in the shot yet, or is this just a new injury?. I've done the cortisone and found them brilliant.
    I never have. Ill ask my doc later today. I cant even lift my arm above my head.

  31. #31
    G-Force's Avatar
    G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    London Baby
    Posts
    3,168
    i use 20kg (45lbs) for lat raises
    and i am pretty proud of that

    u guys are just in another league

  32. #32
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    I have genetically superior shoulder and I do 175lb lat raises @ 20 reps

  33. #33
    SonGoku's Avatar
    SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    at the gym
    Posts
    340
    Shoulder damage is very common. I had a problem with my shoulders for over 2 years. Tried all different kinds of things but nothing helped. I would give it some rest for a time. It's not worth risking being unable to train properly for a long period if all it takes is a coupel of weeks of resting. Maybe you could focus on your legs in that period. Definately avoid exercises that provoke the pain. There are a lot of threads about shoulder injuries in the forum try to do a little research. Glucosamine, MSM and chondroitin are said to be good for sore joints. You can buy over the counter pills that contain all 3 substances. Personally deca helped a little bit for me too. But since it's a newly aquired injury I would definately give it some rest.
    Last edited by SonGoku; 02-16-2005 at 09:01 AM.

  34. #34
    OGPackin's Avatar
    OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I use 30Kg DB's for lateral raises but only in the 10-12 rep range, but then I've genetically good shoulders.

    Back to the topic;

    Have you tried cortisone shots in the shot yet, or is this just a new injury?. I've done the cortisone and found them brilliant.
    Marax try icing it and massaging it. My dad goes for accupuncture and loves it....But a Cortisone shot should really be a last resort....They arent good for you...Iv had two in my back and one in the knuckle of my finger....They also hurt like a bastard!

    OG

  35. #35
    needmorestrength's Avatar
    needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    7,079
    I have tried deep tissue and acupuncute. They both help.. Deep tissue and ART are awsome for smaller joints like elbows shoulders etc!! I had to take 4 months off even with deep tissue but it helps

  36. #36
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku
    Shoulder damage is very common. I had a problem with my shoulders for over 2 years. Tried all different kinds of things but nothing helped. I would give it some rest for a time. It's not worth risking being unable to train properly for a long period if all it takes is a coupel of weeks of resting. Maybe you could focus on your legs in that period. Definately avoid exercises that provoke the pain. There are a lot of threads about shoulder injuries in the forum try to do a little research. Glucosamine, MSM and chondroitin are said to be good for soar joints. You can buy over the counter pills that contain all 3 substances. Personally deca helped a little bit for me too. But since it's a newly aquired injury I would definately give it some rest.
    I use Gluco samine and msm regularly. I think a combination of rest and therapy will heal it back up.

  37. #37
    G-Force's Avatar
    G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    London Baby
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I have genetically superior shoulder and I do 175lb lat raises @ 20 reps


  38. #38
    GetinBig's Avatar
    GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,592
    Good luck bro...

  39. #39
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    What's so funny? 18.5 lbs? I mean 185 lbs?

  40. #40
    palme's Avatar
    palme is offline Rosie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,649
    Warming up with 40kg dumbells?

    Suck me sideways!

    Give the shoulders alittle break.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •