DBflash21 is offline Member

Get Parallel!!!!

I'm sure this has been discussed a million times in here, but it just disturbs me like no other....so I'm at the gym tonight and this guy has 385 lbs racked for his squat. Before he even attempts it I say to my lifting buddy "100 bucks he doesn't get parallel" sure enough he goes about 3 maybe 4 inches down, in what I think is the lamest squat I've ever seen. I wanted to say something so bad because this guy actually thought it was correct. Anyways to make a long story short, I was trained if you don't get paralell it doesn't count. period. Sorry guys just had to vent! love yall!

same thing with a dude i saw benching tonight

i never say anything, it does no good, people dont want to be corrected

just sit back and smile

DBflash21 is offline Member
    I think people feel that they have to squat a lot, but when in reality they're legs aren't that strong. I actually just maxed out yesterday on squats and hit a new personal record of 330 nothing crazy but i'll tell you one thing... my hamstrings hit the back of my calves.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    ask him if he take a shit standing up too lol
    Last edited by Pooks; 03-23-2006 at 09:47 AM.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    yah, I see that crap all the time. esp from skinny kids who sacrifice form for weight.

ironmike250 is offline Associate Member
    I saw a skinny little Hispanic kid with 315 on the bench. I thought woah! So, like many others, I watched froma distance just to see this shit. His elbows were wrapped with some really thick wraps and he was getting himself all psyched up for the lift. Needless to say, he bent his elbows about 5-6 inches, and then pushed like hell until he straightened back up. He did like 4 reps, and then got up and got high fives from his boys. What a hilarious thing to see.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek7m
    yah, I see that crap all the time. esp from skinny kids who sacrifice form for weight.
    I used to do that then I sucked up my pride and now go parallel or past. Legs have grown fast as hell. Strength went up fast also.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    What doesnt count for you might count for him...

I have realised that I should not concern myself with what others do in the gym. Everyone is there to do there own thing and ejoy themself. No matter if its doing only biceps 5 days a week or doing hardcore powerlifting. Not everyone wants to be a bodybuilder so we should not judge them after our standards.

First time I squat 150kg(330ibs) I was a very happy man. Didnt matter that it was a bad excuse for a quarter squat.

First time I benched 100kg I was very happy even though it was with a bounce.
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 03-23-2006 at 11:17 AM.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i see this shit all the time...i dont really care cause they arent gettin anythign out of it except pride...but when people tell me they put up so and so i dont believe them till i see it..

ironmike250 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    What doesnt count for you might count for him...

I have realised that I should not concern myself with what others do in the gym. Everyone is there to do there own thing and ejoy themself. No matter if its doing only biceps 5 days a week or doing hardcore powerlifting. Not everyone wants to be a bodybuilder so we should not judge them after our standards.

First time I squat 150kg(330ibs) I was a very happy man. Didnt matter that it was a bad excuse for a quarter squat.

First time I benched 100kg I was very happy even though it was with a bounce.

You make a very good point.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Saw a 50 year old guy with 545 racked the other day and he went down like 2 inches maybe and did like 4 reps..I was ike mannn

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I hate when people are in the gym with me...regardless of their form...GO HOME...

Thread Information