Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmatro11
    I have seen as well as put input on many of the discussions on exgirlfriend problems that have been brought up on here and have liked the advice many people have given. But I sadly need some advice of my own now. Here's the story!

Ok about two months ago me and my ex broke up bc of the fact that we never got to see each other because I was away at college and she was still in highschool. We had been dating for two years and then I graduated and went to college this year. So anyways we still kept talking everyday keeping up our friendship well about a month ago she started going out with another guy. Well I didn't think that I cared until about two weeks into their relationship and she kept calling me and telling me how much she loved me. Well of course I still had feelings for her and I began to fall in love with her again. Well up to this point we still talk about every three days and she see's it as her job I guess to tell me about every week or so that she still loves me. It just seems that everytime I start to forget about her and get interested in another girl she reminds me that she still loves me. But get this she says that we don't need to go back out because we will just run into the same old problems. That we just need to give it time. If any of you would help with some advice as to what I should do in this situation I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
    I had a similar situation with a girl who i dated for 3 years, a few years bnack. My advice to you...quit talking to her...out of sight, out of mind. You can't truly get over someone if you still talk to them/see them all the time b/c they will never leave your mind. You just have to quit talking for a while and realize shes not the one for you and you'll p[rpbably lose feelings for her, and then afterwards you can start talking or being friends or whatever again if you feel like it. Trust me on th...its the best thing to do, you will see in the future.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tempbrit
    I currently have this guy who is working for me who has one of the saddest lives I have ever come across. He made a huge mistake...don't repeat it.

This guy went to college at Indiana and his Highschool gf went to another college about 3 hours away. This is the only girl this kid dated in highschool or college. This guy hated college, his college life consisted of expensive phone bills to his gf and travelling every 2nd or 3rd weekend to go see her. This guy had pussy right on his doorstep in college and he never even took a taste. Well during graduate school, this guy proposed to this girl and they got engaged. Shortly after they finished school, they moved to South Florida and began working. Within 6 months this guys girlfriend freaked out and started banging some other guy and eventually moved out.

So now, this guy is hanging out in South Florida and is miserable. Why is he miserable, because the guy has no game at all. He does not know how to interact with women, he does not have any male friends to go hitting the clubs with to find women, he works in an environment where there are very few single women.

This guy's life focused on this girl for nearly 10 years and he missed it all.

If you are in college, LIVE IT UP! I am 37 years old and without question college was without question the funnest years I have ever had in my life.

Join a fraternity, hook up with every women you can. Actually, I think this will help you in relationships in the future.

This guy does not know what type of girl he really likes because he has dated so few.

Take advantage of the College life while you can. Drop the High School Drama.
    That is some of the best advice i have ever heard if you are smart, you will take it, adn mine

sigmatro11 is offline Associate Member
    This is why I love this damn forum so much!! I appreciate all the advice thank you everyone!

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    and then afterwards you can start talking or being friends or whatever again if you feel like it. Trust me on th...its the best thing to do, you will see in the future.
    thats the only flaw... never EVER try and be friends again....

it'll only become a problem AGAIN.

ever see a dog eat its own dump or yack? dont you ever say ... what the hell are you doin dog?

well, dont be dog man .. you loved her, now leave her.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    you are a young man and have a million years to go. it always sucks to break up with a chick. there are 3 billion or so left in the world. dont ever sweat just one. when you have a bad player on a team you waive them. give her a pink slip. fire her.good luck.

furiousburn is offline Junior Member
    Move on - I can't understand why so many bros put up with ongoing bs when she's probably telling people she has you by the balls and the other guy too. Just say no to any and all drama.

sigmatro11 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousburn
    Move on - I can't understand why so many bros put up with ongoing bs when she's probably telling people she has you by the balls and the other guy too. Just say no to any and all drama.

Yeah thats pretty much what made me decide to tell her to F**k off was bc I didn't want that bullshit going around and it wasn't going anywhere good so I told her that was it!

After rereading this again....I have some more input. I've lived a very similar scenario for the past 8 months(post breakup). It consumed a lot of valuable time,money and way too much of my mind.

To me love is an image people perceive of who they are with. When you build that up to a certain level when it's peaking, you'll say I love you. That's why it's not so hard to say "I love you" right when your in the middle of sex for guys.Speaking from experience ANYTIME you are made number two..You are done. Plain and simple. There is no going back. People can argue that all day long,but it's never the same.

ATTENTION is what drives women insane. The same reason she can like someone else is the same reason she's gonna miss you. He's giving her attention to build it up. Your denying attention that she's used to having and she misses it.

Don't consume your life in something that your afraid to see the truth of it all. Your "image" is what's keeping her in your heart. Your brain is right. Don't listen to what your feeling. Listen to what your thinking.

Reversing the role and letting her see you with someone else will not only make her jealous but it will flat out hurt her to see you being happy without her. I seen this up close and it was an amazing feeling to finally let go of a burden that withstood for what seemed forever.

When you take that attention away from someone you can really see who they are (briefly), but if you constantly have to do that to feel wanted...Then it's not worth it...It's a short ride to jail, but a long ride to get over someone you deeply cared about, and if that's the case then your gonna get one or the other (prolly both).

I cannot tell you how much I have been through in the past 3 years. It literally ripped me in half. I have not been the same person since, and it literally drained my ability to care about myself and others. It took a lot of time to myself, and some well needed time with others to get myself to a better place in mind. Don't dig yourself into a rut bro.. It can get pretty bad...Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information