clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

Quintessential 6-shooter of the late 1800's?

What do yall think the most quintessential six shooter of the late 1800's was? I kinda want to get one...=) So far, I all I know of is the Colt Peacemaker.

OK, now forget "most quintessential" and what do yall think is the "coolest" six shooter of the late 1800's?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..Still the "Peacemaker/Colt SAA" in my book....

Where can I get one? One that actually shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    Where can I get one? One that actually shoots.
    ..There are several "gun trader" publications that have quite a selection...Unfortunately, an original will require cost what I consider a good bit of money.....But, if you are going to spend that kind of money, I'd make sure the numbers matched and it have it run through Colt to get a "factory letter" stating the date of manufacture, where it was originally shipped, etc....Good luck and if you get one, post a pic if you can......

..There are several replicas of Colt SAA models that are of fairly decent quality also...and they are a good bit cheaper....

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ..There are several replicas of Colt SAA models that are of fairly decent quality also...and they are a good bit cheaper....
    Yeah, I just want a replica. Just for fun, I'm not a collector or anything. Are these replicas sold on the internet? Is there a site where I can check them out?

decadbal is offline Banned
    357 for now

.See if this google link gets you some of the info you're looking for....
    http://www.google.com/search?hs=FDh&...ng&btnG=Search
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

...and you might want to peep around @ this site...

http://www.sixgunner.com/
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone,
    sweet! I found a cool looking one...
    http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firear...l=552&return=Y

it says the caliber is colt .45. Is that big? like, is it going to blow right outta my hand?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    A .45 cal will not blow out of your hand unless you are a 12 year old girl. Same caliber as the colt SAA(nice), if you are looking for a era peice colt would be the way to go. If you are just looking for something that resembles a cowboy gun, then get that ruger but I would get the adjustable sites. Plus a ruger you can load your own rounds and make a .45magnum, handloading books will have a section just on rugers.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    almostgone,
    sweet! I found a cool looking one...
    http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firear...l=552&return=Y

it says the caliber is colt .45. Is that big? like, is it going to blow right outta my hand?
    ....Ruger is good stuff..Like Meso said, Ruger usually has it own section in the reloading manuals because their frames are so stout...
    ..It's definitely shootable.....and a top-notch choice if you're into "cowboy six-shooters".......
    ....See if you can hook up with someone and test drive one.....I'm willing to bet you'll love the Vaquero....

Thread Information