Papi93 is offline AR VET

Broken Nose in a Fight?

I was wondering how painful it is to have your nose broke, be it in a self-defense situation or competition (mixed martial arts) . I compete in martial arts and know that it's always a possibility. Just want to know what to expect. Thanks!

crazydick is offline Junior Member

Don't Be A Pussy

It doesn't hurt, I would rather break my nose than many other shit that gets ****ed up in mma. broken arms, legs, dislocated shoulder blown knee, you can still fight and train with a broken nose. Whats even better is that it seems to hurt less the more I break it

ive broken my nose twice... doesnt hurt. the initial hit and break gets ur sinuses gushing but no it doesnt hurt... its not bone ur breaking.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydick
    It doesn't hurt, I would rather break my nose than many other shit that gets ****ed up in mma. broken arms, legs, dislocated shoulder blown knee, you can still fight and train with a broken nose. Whats even better is that it seems to hurt less the more I break it
    In the heat of the moment, I don't sweat it. If you don't mind me asking, what styles do you practice?

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Got hit w a mag light, by my own security (nightclub biz). That was not too bad.. Runny fvckin nose and eyes get watery. No, I did not fire him and it was a mistake...We were breaking up a brawl.

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    I've had my nose broken 7 times, 1 in a car accident, 2 in a fight, 2 by the doctor, 1 by a basketball and 1 when i was too young to remeber

chest6 is offline Banned
    2 by the doctor?

i've had to reconstructive surgerys, 2 wks after my first reconstructive surgery i was watching a basketball game with my friends and some dude threw it straight in my face and broke my nose again, that was the only one that really hurt. Doc says i can't break it nemore cause i'm running out of cartilage, so i carry brass nuckles now and don't play sports lol

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    2 by the doctor?
    he took a chisle and broke it then he went to work fixing it......post whore

chest6 is offline Banned
    haha blindside where u been i havent seen u here in awhile

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    In the heat of the moment, I don't sweat it. If you don't mind me asking, what styles do you practice?
    "dirty street" or "bar fighiting" i guess... haha i dont do any real organized fighting.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by BlInDsIdE
    I've had my nose broken 7 times, 1 in a car accident, 2 in a fight, 2 by the doctor, 1 by a basketball and 1 when i was too young to remeber

Are you Jewish?.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    ROFLMFAO bouncer

chest6 is offline Banned
    lmao...

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    I got my nose broke by a step-dad sort person.

Id didnt hurt at all, it was more like...oh shit, my nose!

It hurts much worse IMO when you get hit in the nose and it doesnt break, just kinda grazes it. That makes my eyes water, broken it didnt.

My nose septum is still crooked inside from that.

jesse_james is offline Member
    I have broken my nose a few times playing Rugby, its not like the pain of other broken bones. I didnt even no I had broke it. The worst thing is trying to see where your going after youve had the smack.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    Got hit w a mag light, by my own security (nightclub biz). That was not too bad.. Runny fvckin nose and eyes get watery. No, I did not fire him and it was a mistake...We were breaking up a brawl.
    D@mn thats a funny story

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    I broke my nose once in a fight but I felt better after my opponent was looking on the ground for 2 of his teeth.

The only part that sucked was when I had to go to the DR. to get it set back in place. They had to stick me right up each nostral twice with novicane.

That was def an eye opener!

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    On a semi-related note... snorkeling masks make my nose hurt. I've got a pretty long nose. When snorkeling, you need the mask to fit tight around the eyes, and nose. Every time I went under for a while, my nose kept breaking the seal. So, I tightend it up a lil' at a time. When I got it tight enough, after I took it off... mad pain! My schnoz felt like I had fallen over on it. Snot running out. Horrible experience. I'll never snorkel again, I'll never try SCUBA diving.

trisdog is offline Associate Member
    Broke my nose when i was like 13, I suffered a deviated septum becuase of it.. I never knew that my nose was broke and never got it fixed, it sucks so bad only being able to breath out of one nostril.. and sometimes when its bad i cant breath through my nose at all.. it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    On a semi-related note... snorkeling masks make my nose hurt. I've got a pretty long nose. When snorkeling, you need the mask to fit tight around the eyes, and nose. Every time I went under for a while, my nose kept breaking the seal. So, I tightend it up a lil' at a time. When I got it tight enough, after I took it off... mad pain! My schnoz felt like I had fallen over on it. Snot running out. Horrible experience. I'll never snorkel again, I'll never try SCUBA diving.
    wtf, i know you said it was off topic but still wtf. j/k

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    If you were in a fight or competition, what type of strike broke your nose? Kick, punch, etc.?

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    I never broke my nose

I know alot of people who have broken it...and there all crooked or ****ed up looking now

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    This guy I grew up with has broken his nose like 5+ times. We all give him sh!t for it because it looks so fvcked up now. But the funny thing is, he hardly has ANY feeling in it, so if it were to break again, I doubt he'd even notice.

Thread Information