Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What has been your most memorable moment in the gym?

Could be anything, funny, personal best lift, whatever. I'd say for myself it was one day where I had to do my next set of wide grip pull ups. All I kept thinking was how I didnt want to do them and that they sucked, and how I didnt feel like lifting that day. Then I looked up and noticed a guy in a wheelchair who was suffering from some really serious muscle problem, its like MS but worse I guess. Some guy walked by him and asked him if he needed help out of the wheelchair and onto the bench and the dude was just like "Nah, I got it, thanks anyways" It made me realize how easy I had it, and that a set of wide grip pullups was nothing when there are people who have to battle much worse. So it motivated me so much that I did my set and busted out so many reps I dont even remember how many I did. Normally I can complete 15 reps, but on this day it was more like 25 or something, then when I couldnt do anymore I just did partials until my grip failed and I dropped. My mind went blank during my set, my body took over. I think my lats were sore for like an entire week, hahhaahhaa. Definitely my most memorable moment in the gym so far. Anybody else?

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    when I first started lifting back in junior high I was 135 soaking wet. When I used to watch all the big dude throw up heavy weight on bench press I was struggling with the bar. I always wanted to start my bench press with the 45s on each and now I warm up with them. Sounds silly but I've come along way from the little kid with the bar Now my eyes are set on higher goals, but I accomplished my first hurrdle in weight lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    when I first started lifting back in junior high I was 135 soaking wet. When I used to watch all the big dude throw up heavy weight on bench press I was struggling with the bar. I always wanted to start my bench press with the 45s on each and now I warm up with them. Sounds silly but I've come along way from the little kid with the bar Now my eyes are set on higher goals, but I accomplished my first hurrdle in weight lifting.

Yeah, thats a good one. I remember when maxing out w/ 200 lbs felt as heavy as the earth!! And the road from 2-300....my God that was tough

Power40 is offline Associate Member
    When I tried to incline press 135lbs and after the 9 rep I let the 45lbs plates slip off the bar 'cause it was goin' to fall on my neck. No one noticed 'cause I work out at a Hollywood gym where every only looks at themselves in the mirrors. Actors is what they call each other. This was about 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Power40
    When I tried to incline press 135lbs and after the 9 rep I let the 45lbs plates slip off the bar 'cause it was goin' to fall on my neck. No one noticed 'cause I work out at a Hollywood gym where every only looks at themselves in the mirrors. Actors is what they call each other. This was about 2 years ago.

Man ,is it really that bad out in Cali? Are those people that self absorbed that they constantly look in the mirror at themselves? I couldnt live in a place like that. I just throw on whatever I find to wear, my baseball cap, and go hit the iron. I've learned a long time ago that you can't get a good workout in when you start worrying about how you look or what anybody thinks about you

Power40 is offline Associate Member
    I grew up in Bakersfield. That is about 100 miles from LA, but I now live and work there. I think it is just the area I live in. I tried going to another 24 hour fitness around my house but the traffic is a b!tch. 30 minutes for a couple of miles.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    my most memeberable moment was when i saw this roided out chick in the gym. she was crazy strong and her legs were HUGE. when i was taking a shower i looked to my left and there SHE/HE was. iwas like WTF!! it was a fvkin DUDE. i guess he was washing all that makup off> YUCK!!!

i shouldve turned and pissed on his leg

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    this was a year ago or so...i was taking a break after doing biceps, and i spaced out and was staring at some hot girl. after a few minutes i had a serious stiffy and didnt konw it until i stood up. well i sat there for a few extra minutes, i needed the rest haahah

Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    my most memeberable moment was when i saw this roided out chick in the gym. she was crazy strong and her legs were HUGE. when i was taking a shower i looked to my left and there SHE/HE was. iwas like WTF!! it was a fvkin DUDE. i guess he was washing all that makup off> YUCK!!!

Oh no man, thats a classic, keep em coming guys

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    watching a "trainer" at 24 hour fittness 6 years ago doing bench press with 120s on a ball, the ball broke the next time i saw him he was in a full upper chest and arms cast. it was the sadest and funniest thing i have ever seen at the same time.

chest6 is offline Banned
    The first time I maxed out in 6th grade..my friends went first, and then me. Back then, I didnt really know how much weight I was lifting, I just said I repped 100. I always did bench on the smith machine then and I was like hey, it doesnt matter how much it is, I'll just say its 100. Turns out I was working with 55 and 65 lbs. My friends went. First got 115, second got 110. I had always told them I was stronger than them and I could get 120 or so cuz I repped 100lbs. So I go, with 90 lbs and I can't get it and I scream up..hhhheeeeelllpp. From then on, my friends called me "Big 80" cuz thats what I ended up getting. I have one that still calls me that. He's like man..you're so big now and I remember when we made fun of you for being big 80.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    on more than one occasion, ive been asked if i had been a pro athlete. but more ask me if i was wrestler...........i had one pro body builder ask me about my calf and forearm workouts.

fully_paully is offline Associate Member
    I was Spotting my brother on a Shoulder Press type Machine...where i was puhsing on the machine to help him up was like a lever wen he pusehd up it moved..then wen he dropped the weight it'll rest agaisnt the machine..stupid me not taking notice where i had my hand on he's last rep he let go and my finger got squashed. i pulled it out as it got squashed lucky cause i think i would of lost my finger (girls would b dissapointed) so l put it under water to look at wat i done and the was a hole in my finger. I ended up go to the hospital and used up a whole bottle of happy gas 2 myself haha thats sum good stuff and i got stitches..my finger looks liek a finger u cant tell i fukd it up i jsut have a scar

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I had this chest/tri workout and the gym was really full all the benches were being used by 3-4 people alternating...so i saw this Decline one with 2 dudes and one of em was the gyms icon or smth lol....over hyped big dude with kinda scrawny legs...and his loyal minion...neway I looked pretty average but i had strength...so I walk up 2 them..and Im like got room for 1 more? theyre like yeah sure....you sure u can handle the weights? and they kinda laugh..they were benching 176 or smth...neway I load up the bar its 242 now...he has this yeah rite look on his face....I get under there and push out 8 reps ...Best feeling seeing some1 alot bigger than me being worshipped by dudes around the gym lol and i beat him...I miss the weights

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    When I had sex in the women's dressing room w/this one hot ass Mexican girl I was messing around with.

She was a female version of me sex/being down wise. It was absolutely fantastic.

God rest her soul. (She died a year ago from West Nile)

~SC~

Spyder is offline Member
    Most memorable moment for me was about 4 years ago. My friend had set up an arm wrestle match between me and his older brother, who at the time was double my size, 4inches taller(6"3) and 5 years older. I was 17 then, but had worked out for a long time and have alot of natural strength. He has also worked out for a long time, takes alot of pride in it and has a huge ego, always wins in arm wrestles. We were both natural. When we begun, he looked at me weird as he couldnt get my hand down, very surprised. We kept going for about 4-5minutes, exhausted, no one won it was a draw. Everyone that was watching laughed their heads off, mostly at the look on his face and the fact that he couldn't beat a 17 year old half his size. His parents were watching too. Ofcourse anyone with an ego problem is going to make up excuses, he claimed that his diet has not been all that good lately. All in all it was very motivating for me and probably will not forget it.
    Last edited by Spyder; 12-05-2005 at 09:13 AM.

Spyder is offline Member
    The funniest memorable moment would have to be about this time last year. Me and my training buddy worked out at my home gym, it was legs day. He was squatting and i was spotting him. From rep 1 to rep 7 everything was fine, and usually is so i thought it would be okay to quicky turn around and have a glance at the poster of a naked woman on the wall, and i hear a loud BANG, i turn around and my friend had slammed into the wall face first as the weight on his 8th rep became too much and made him lose balance and run forward to avoid falling down, he slammed head first into the wall infront of him and started screaming for help, ofcourse he blamed me for it. I could not stop laughing. Also about a few months after that i dropped a 35lb plate on his toe.

bedrock is offline Junior Member

what ?

what do you mean you miss the weights bro ? Something happen where u don't lift anymore ? Just curious cause if my shoulder fux up one more time i think tahts it for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I had this chest/tri workout and the gym was really full all the benches were being used by 3-4 people alternating...so i saw this Decline one with 2 dudes and one of em was the gyms icon or smth lol....over hyped big dude with kinda scrawny legs...and his loyal minion...neway I looked pretty average but i had strength...so I walk up 2 them..and Im like got room for 1 more? theyre like yeah sure....you sure u can handle the weights? and they kinda laugh..they were benching 176 or smth...neway I load up the bar its 242 now...he has this yeah rite look on his face....I get under there and push out 8 reps ...Best feeling seeing some1 alot bigger than me being worshipped by dudes around the gym lol and i beat him...I miss the weights

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    This girl was having ass and lower back cramps... she asked if I would rub it out... after wards I asked if I could rub one out. There was nobody around and it was about closing time. I shut off the lights to the nautilus room and told her to get back on the leg curl machine. Well I wasn't able to blow one because I tried to put it in her ass... for some reason she got mad.

Jimmya73 is offline Senior Member
    mine would have to be a couple months ago, when i was in the gym deadlifting. there are always a bunch of clown ass idiots in the gym and i have learned to ignore them, but this time it seemed like they were talking to me. anyway, i had my mp3 player on,so i ignored them but when we walked out my workout partner told me they were saying "so thats what really working out looks like", "pull that weight white boy!" and stuff like that. kinda made me proud of myself, and i was only pulling 295!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bedrock
    what do you mean you miss the weights bro ? Something happen where u don't lift anymore ? Just curious cause if my shoulder fux up one more time i think tahts it for me too.
    I quit Bodybuilding bro...Im joinin the Marines or the SEALs...training for that now..running, swimming , calthesitncs?( i really need to learn how to spell that lol)..I still eat good food (chicken , fish , meat , eggs , fruit , vegetables and take some supps) I dont have a strict program with all the meals planned ahead like i used to....i eat whenever im hungry but just stay away from all the crap and junk...and since im not that strict and have more foods to choose from I realized that i dont need to cheat like i used to.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    The funniest memorable moment would have to be about this time last year. Me and my training buddy worked out at my home gym, it was legs day. He was squatting and i was spotting him. From rep 1 to rep 7 everything was fine, and usually is so i thought it would be okay to quicky turn around and have a glance at the poster of a naked woman on the wall, and i hear a loud BANG, i turn around and my friend had slammed into the wall face first as the weight on his 8th rep became too much and made him lose balance and run forward to avoid falling down, he slammed head first into the wall infront of him and started screaming for help, ofcourse he blamed me for it. I could not stop laughing. Also about a few months after that i dropped a 35lb plate on his toe.
    You are one hell of a training partner aintcha?

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    This girl was having ass and lower back cramps... she asked if I would rub it out... after wards I asked if I could rub one out. There was nobody around and it was about closing time. I shut off the lights to the nautilus room and told her to get back on the leg curl machine. Well I wasn't able to blow one because I tried to put it in her ass... for some reason she got mad.
    What kinda crazy woman doesn't like it in the pooper?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    What kinda crazy woman doesn't like it in the pooper?
    She must be repressed or something!

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    All the girls I use to bang when I managed Ballys.
    In the nursury
    bathroom
    locker room
    bj's behind the desk while swiping members cards
    on every desk in the different clubs
    break room
    every other place in the club (on the benches and mats)
    I miss the banging, but not the bs w/ Ballys

The salon gives me some fun too

icedudez is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I quit Bodybuilding bro...Im joinin the Marines or the SEALs...training for that now..running, swimming , calthesitncs?( i really need to learn how to spell that lol)..I still eat good food (chicken , fish , meat , eggs , fruit , vegetables and take some supps) I dont have a strict program with all the meals planned ahead like i used to....i eat whenever im hungry but just stay away from all the crap and junk...and since im not that strict and have more foods to choose from I realized that i dont need to cheat like i used to.
    surely weight training would be helpful for that though, can't you also weight train part time,casually instead of going all out bodybuilding? just curious

Conkies is offline Banned
    Most memorable moment?

Boning this hot Latino chick spreadeagled on the latmachine.

Conkies is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkies
    Most memorable moment?

Boning this hot Latino chick spreadeagled on the latmachine.

Wait...no...that was a dream.

Damn.

*hits Melatonin and waits for dream to come back*

Quote Originally Posted by Conkies
    Wait...no...that was a dream.

Damn.

*hits Melatonin and waits for dream to come back*

I actually hit it many times when I managed the clubs

sorry, had to brag now that I'm getting older and not hitting it as much

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by testosterona

Was her name Anna?
    Ha ha my favourite was when i had some serious gas, i got my training partner to help me do my last chin up and thanked him by releasing - ha ha that was pure evil now i think about it.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    I posted this awhile ago but here it is...

I had just began lifting and i was going to a NYSC in danbury,CT. I had been going for about a month straight , and i was very ignorant and believed hat going in the sauna would "burn" off fat lol..Anyway the sauna room is only about a 8x4 room so its very small...when i go in there there are 2 men in their 40's sitting in there, after a few minutes one man gets up i hear the door open and he leaves, a few moments later the other man get up, but i dont hear the door open, so i lift the towel from over my eyes. This sick bastard was beating his johnson right in front of me !! Well i didnt know what to do so i panicked for a second UNTIL he leaned over and tried to lift the towel up off my lap! So instictevly i punched him square in the nose, he fell through the door and these two big guys ran in a nd grabbed me, they didnt know what happened. They thought i assaulted this guy for no reason, then i tell them that this old fvck tried to grab my manhood and they let me go...i grabbed my towel ran upstairs to the front desk and the cops were called..loli had to go to court for that shyt for 2 months..and this guy was married had two kids and his own buisness, like wtf?? ANYWAY thats my most memorable gym experience

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    I workout at the same gym, as King Kamali, or whatever his name is. He is massive,but makes all these crazy ass noises while he lifts with his 17 year old lifting partner. One of my dad's good friend is a Olympic Powerlifter, and he was in the area so he decided to tag along with me to the gym, and guess who was there.. THE KING. I made the most annoying noises as this Russian powerlifter lifted twice as much as KING. The look on his face was priceless, and better yet his wife gave me a look, like my husband can't get it up, and I wanna bang.

icedudez is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101

I had just began lifting and i was going to a NYSC in danbury,CT. I had been going for about a month straight , and i was very ignorant and believed hat going in the sauna would "burn" off fat lol..Anyway the sauna room is only about a 8x4 room so its very small...when i go in there there are 2 men in their 40's sitting in there, after a few minutes one man gets up i hear the door open and he leaves, a few moments later the other man get up, but i dont hear the door open, so i lift the towel from over my eyes. This sick bastard was beating his johnson right in front of me !! Well i didnt know what to do so i panicked for a second UNTIL he leaned over and tried to lift the towel up off my lap! So instictevly i punched him square in the nose, he fell through the door and these two big guys ran in a nd grabbed me, they didnt know what happened. They thought i assaulted this guy for no reason, then i tell them that this old fvck tried to grab my manhood and they let me go...i grabbed my towel ran upstairs to the front desk and the cops were called..loli had to go to court for that shyt for 2 months..and this guy was married had two kids and his own buisness, like wtf?? ANYWAY thats my most memorable gym experience

jesus!. if that was me that sick bas wouldnt have left the sauna alive!

Quote Originally Posted by icedudez
    jesus!. if that was me that sick bas wouldnt have left the sauna alive!

yea it was fvcked up i wish he tried that shyt now, it would have ended different but the funny thing is i have a friend that is a trainer there, and when i told him this story he goes "dude didnt you know not to go in the sauna here!" apparently this happens often..thats why i stated the gyms location..to help youguys out haha

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    My most memorable moment happened last Wed. actually. This guy was about 2 feet away from me doing squats on a Smith Machine and all of a sudden I heard this sloshy farty noise. About 3 seconds later he ran out of the gym and into the bathroom. The dude shat himself. And to think if I wouldn't've forgotten my ipod that day I might've missed it.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    whatchong this chick on the adducter/abbducter machines wearing short ass shorts and no panties, also ive seen guys drop barbells while doing bech or squat i also saw this guy drop a 55lb DB on his foot, he started crying ****ar brook his foot

yea it was fvcked up i wish he tried that shyt now, it would have ended different but the funny thing is i have a friend that is a trainer there, and when i told him this story he goes "dude didnt you know not to go in the sauna here!" apparently this happens often..thats why i stated the gyms location..to help youguys out haha

Gyms are getting notorius for this bullshit. Especially YMCA's and Golds Gyms across America. Around here the YMCA's are the worst. I dont think it stands for "Young Men's Christian Association" anymore, more like Young Molesting Cocksucker Association

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    yeah there are alot of Gays at Golds Gym's i just joind a new gym today 24 hr there cheaper than golds and i was strapped for cash and pluse the staff at gold pissed me off

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Gyms are getting notorius for this bullshit. Especially YMCA's and Golds Gyms across America. Around here the YMCA's are the worst. I dont think it stands for "Young Men's Christian Association" anymore, more like Young Molesting Cocksucker Association

haha yea, i couldnt believe it..my boyz still harass me about this shyt all the time..but yea i've heard from a couple ppl that believe it or not its really not that uncommon

We use to have that shlt at ballys too. You would get a member that would come out and tell you about the shlt and I would have to break it up (no offense to gays, but I don't need to see that shlt at work)
    2 guys in a stall(you got to love trying to be "professional" when you catch them in the act) you have to write that shlt up very carefully or ballys could get sued because you discriminated against them.
    Old guys grabbing young female members and staff and then trying to say "I was being friendly", bullshlt. That's assualt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information