cfiler is offline Anabolic Member

Piercing problem

Just thought I would post this question on here, because I know afew people here do piercings and tats.

I have two piercings, and they both seem to puss. The nipple gets alittle swollen, and then scabs up over night.

I assume I'm allergic to the metal. I am thinking about getting it replaced with a titanium or gold one instead. Should I just have it swapped, or remove the piercing and let the wound heal?

Also, I'm thinking about getting my tounge pierced, do they make titanium or gold piercings for that?

Thanks for any info.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    did u clean properly and when you were supposed too?

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I have a few piercings and never experienced any issues

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    My nipple rings got like that for a few days but I started cleaning them more and then they were fine. Clean them as much as possible to help ward off initial infection.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i have both ears pirced and i have had other things pierced as well, tongue,eyebrow,lower lip, and nipple. now i have always ensured that i cleaned them properly and often, basically every time i went to the bathroom i cleaned them. now as for being allergic to the metal that is rare cause most proper piercing places should use stainless steel so it pretty hard to be allergic to that. i would not switch metals all i would do is clean them frequently and ensure they ar emade of stainless steel, if not change them to stainless steel asap!!!

I clean it about three times aday right now. I use saleen solution. Always had this problem since day one. It's on both piercings. I shower twice aday, and clean it with saleen solution after the show. Then I clean it once more around dinner time most days.

That should be plenty right? Or do I need to clean it more? Should I use something else to clean it?

My GF cleans her piercing WAY less, and never has any problems. She used rubbing alcohol mixed with the saleen solution for the first week though. Is that a good idea? I was told by my tatoo guy not to do that, because it would dry the piercing too much.

manwithin is offline Associate Member
    You don't want stainless steel, you want to get something made out of surgical steel.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    My GF cleans her piercing WAY less, and never has any problems. She used rubbing alcohol mixed with the saleen solution for the first week though. Is that a good idea? I was told by my tatoo guy not to do that, because it would dry the piercing too much.
    Don't know what saleen solution is but when i had thick piercing in my ears i always used regular Anti-bacteria hand soap.

Hard Head is offline Member
    Get rid of that nasty shit.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by manwithin
    You don't want stainless steel, you want to get something made out of surgical steel.

Surgical steel IS stainless steel, they are just different grades but no difference, stainless is 316 while surgical is 308.

As for using alcohol i wouldn't use it straight up but i would go with like a 70-30 mix of s****e to alcohol mix.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Pierced nips are out of style btw.

~SC~

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Pierced nips are out of style btw.

~SC~
    *cough ..and grills are in *cough

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    sergical stainless shoulb be ok. does it have scratches or have some way to hold bacteria? alcohol is a little harsh. it will dry out the piercing causeing it to crack and open up again. wash it with dial anti-bacterial soap. put a small whipe of anti-biotic ointment (polysporen) on it and rotate it through the hole a few time. and if you want you can soak it in epson salt. that will clear you up. in all the time I have been around tattoo shops I have never seen a reaction to steel. most problems are caused by pulling on it and opening the skin again. and yes, they make titanium in any jewellery you would want.

Thread Information