Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    rford78 is offline Junior Member

Guys who juice,look 2x-3x bigger but hoist same or less weight than you

There are a few of them in my gym , either their bodies respond incredibly well to gear or they're just plain lazy, foolish and uneducated. I actually find it quite amusing to see this guy in my gym, who's at least 250 lbs (it's obvious he juices) carrying an almost identical weight as me ! And i'm only 190 lbs...

Is it me or are they just wasting their hard earned cash on insane amounts of juice? Anyone else seen these fools in their gyms ? Frankly they are a disgrace!
    Last edited by rford78; 02-04-2006 at 08:55 PM.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    how much weight do they carry? I've always been a fan of strength over size

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    yea, ive seen guys like that at my gym. its really weird to see guys that are considerably bigger than me that really aren't very strong at all. i guess they did lots of deca only cycles

its really funny when i see them struggling with a relatively light weight

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah.. kinda makes me chuckle too...

i think the funniest thing is when i see someone lifting with absolutely terrible form... so bad that they aren't even really hitting the intended muscle group

I think its hilarious when they come in, and say they're doing curls, and they swing the bar so far upward to get the curl it almost hits they're chin..
    I cant help but snicker to myself.....

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    i think the funniest thing is when i see someone lifting with absolutely terrible form... so bad that they aren't even really hitting the intended muscle group

it's so hard not to say something....

gmfoun is offline New Member
    there are fat juice heads and there are strong juice heads.....but why should you care so much if someone else is natty or not

I'm not sure if they're are natural or what but....

Quote Originally Posted by rford78
    There are a few of them in my gym , either their bodies respond incredibly well to gear or they're just plain lazy, foolish and uneducated. I actually find it quite amusing to see this guy in my gym, who's at least 250 lbs (it's obvious he juices) carrying an almost identical weight as me ! And i'm only 190 lbs...

Is it me or are they just wasting their hard earned cash on insane amounts of juice? Anyone else seen these fools in their gyms ? Frankly they are a disgrace!
    I know some dudes at the gym who have huge arms/shoulders...not really developed but big and solid and I press more than they. And yes they are bigger than me..I dont consider myself a big guy at all, I am taller and they are alittle shorter and stockier so by that thinking it seems they should be able to do more..Long arms make it hard to do alot of weight. I seem to amaze some peeps at what I do..

gmfoun is offline New Member
    this thread is bs....ive seen guys who are fat as hell...or at least bloated as hell. throw up tons of weight....alot more than you can handle at 190

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    I c his point tho. Ive seen big dudes that arent strong but i dont lift near as much as them

I see a lot of guys that are small but carry a lot of weight because of their dense muscles. I think that's what you're talking about, right?

Reprisal 6 is offline Associate Member
    Big deal...Plenty of developed people at the gym aren't throwing up huge numbers. Not even impressive for a natty. But numbers aren't always the point.

Next.

Natron-Killer20 is offline Junior Member
    is it true that short and stockier people are supposed to be stronger?

Natron-Killer20 is offline Junior Member
    cause i know a kid that is 6'8 his one arm is longer then me and he benches a lil more then me and im 5'4.....Dont get me wrong, hes not some 6'8 120pounder, hes atleast 230 but still
    Last edited by Natron-Killer20; 02-04-2006 at 10:20 PM.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Dont let size deceive you. Some guys look like recreational bodybuilders just b/c of their thick bones, but their strength is obviously lacking.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Frank Zane and Lee Haney are known for not exactly lifting heavy weights.

IamtheChitt is offline Associate Member
    I've noticed the same thing in my gym... but don't you ever wonder
    why they are so much bigger than you, and they use less weight?
    There workouts might be more efficient. Their diets are probably
    in check. Genetics is always part of it too... I think i need to
    reconsider my workouts... lol

chest6 is offline Banned
    damn this should be in the lounge

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reprisal 6
    Big deal...Plenty of developed people at the gym aren't throwing up huge numbers. Not even impressive for a natty. But numbers aren't always the point.

Next.

Bingo... I think of myself as a bodybuilder and not a strength builder... I wld rather be big then strong... Sure putting up numbers is a thrill, but for the most part I go lighter but much stricter then almost anyone else at my gym... I laugh at the guys who throw up big weight with the shitiest of forms... Usually once a month I have a strength day for myself where I go for numbers... it's just an ego stroke for myself, but it gives me the motivation I need to push harder...

short hard heavy reps......make me push harder...

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    Bingo... I think of myself as a bodybuilder and not a strength builder... I wld rather be big then strong... Sure putting up numbers is a thrill, but for the most part I go lighter but much stricter then almost anyone else at my gym... I laugh at the guys who throw up big weight with the shitiest of forms... Usually once a month I have a strength day for myself where I go for numbers... it's just an ego stroke for myself, but it gives me the motivation I need to push harder...
    Yep...I don't want to lift the most in my gym.I just wanna look like I can lift the heaviest wieghtThat's the mentality of most BBers I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Yep...I don't want to lift the most in my gym.I just wanna look like I can lift the heaviest wieghtThat's the mentality of most BBers I know.
    i feel exactly the same way

the more I squeeze into the last rep, the better I feel afterwards....I pay no attention to whos lifting the most...

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    ditto.

Shit.. i'm hella strong.. there's no getting around that... but my coach has told me a myriad times that i'm a bodybuilder not a weightlifter.. therein lies the difference.

The 250+ guys walking around the gym got there cus of hard work... No amount of juice is gonna turn a lazy-assed bastard into Mr. Top-Bodybuilder.

When you get above 200 lbs you realise that to remain competitive you gotta stay healthy.

Staying healthy involves cutting back on the 1 rep maxes...

It involves checking your ego at the door...

It involves ignoring the 190-lb turd next to you leering... and making that connection with your muscles.

Next...

~Narkissos

chest6 is offline Banned
    I gave up my short attempt at powerlifting..too many injuries. BB is a lot more fun cuz u look so much better

[QUOTE=Narkissos]making that connection with your muscles.

thats all Im thinking about...

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    i feel exactly the same way
    That's not really reflected in your initial posts in this thread though is it?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Well I stand by my point. I'd rather be smaller and stronger than bigger and weaker. But I've never considered myself a body builder. And I don't consider myself a powerlifter either. No aspirations to compete, just be myself is all.

it has to go hand in hand for me. strength and size. i dont want to look the part if i cannot back it with strength. i prefer density over low quality mass any day.

how someone trains is their business.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    It just occured to me that the flipside of this thread is a thread entitled
    "Guys who look 2x to 3x smaller but still throw around same or more weight than the guys who use proper form"

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    It just occured to me that the flipside of this thread is a thread entitled
    "Guys who look 2x to 3x smaller but still throw around same or more weight than the guys who use proper form"
    rofl yeah i saw this kid.. bouncing 315 off his chest LOL i was cringing

anyways im all about lifting LOTS of weight.. not looking like it .. kuz i feel that if i get the str .. the size will come.. MAYBE NOT SYMMETRY but by god something will grow.. and if it doesnt.. I KNOW HOW TO USE SYNTHO PROPERLY!

Hard Head is offline Member
    Why bother with heavier weights if you can grow with lighter ones? What's the point besides stroking yourself "OOOHHH, I'm soooo much stronger than mr freakazoid over there" Who gives a rats ass?

Heavy weights can easily over stress your joints leading to significant pain later in life. Trust me, I am all to familiar with this. Take care of your joints, your knees, shoulders and back especially!

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    Why bother with heavier weights if you can grow with lighter ones? What's the point besides stroking yourself "OOOHHH, I'm soooo much stronger than mr freakazoid over there" Who gives a rats ass?

Heavy weights can easily over stress your joints leading to significant pain later in life. Trust me, I am all to familiar with this. Take care of your joints, your knees, shoulders and back especially!
    shyt.. i said it before i say it again.. By the time i have Joint Complications technology will be so advanced i will just take a pill and everything will be OK! or so i hope

rford78 is offline Junior Member
    I think quite a few people seem to have forgetten one of the doctrines of bodybuilding - drawing up goals periodically and striving to achieve them through proper form, training, sleep&rest and nutrition. Isn't that what life is about too?

The mentality of some of these people is... ''Why train hard and lift heavy ass weights when anabolics can get most of the job done for me? So long as I look freaky, I'm going to command stares and respect ! That's all that matters ''

I'm in the sport not only to gain size and look big ,but also achieving goals and maintaining a good discipline. The feeling of fulfilling my goals is one that is overwhelming and priceless.

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rford78

the actual disgrace is that you feel the need to measure yourself against others who are obviously bigger than you, which makes you feel inadequate.. so therefore you think bc you weigh 190 and prolly bench 275 that your bill kazmire.. not everyone has the same goals.. unlike you, id rather look like i can move a truck, than actually move it. when you get up into actual heavy heavy wt.. youll realize like most really strong ppl, that you dont wanna risk injury.. hummingbird ass...alligator mouth

mass junkie is offline banned
    I want it all

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I want it all
    you want to move a truk?

mass junkie is offline banned
    sure why not

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information