Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    Well I stand by my point. I'd rather be smaller and stronger than bigger and weaker. But I've never considered myself a body builder. And I don't consider myself a powerlifter either. No aspirations to compete, just be myself is all.
    Im with you, 5'7" 190lbs. out lift 90% guys at my gym, with better form, thats where its at, whats the sense of being big but weak, store bought muscles.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Im with you, 5'7" 190lbs. out lift 90% guys at my gym, with better form, thats where its at, whats the sense of being big but weak, store bought muscles.
    u shud come to my gym .. nothing but MEAT HEADS and not enuff plates

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rford78
    I think quite a few people seem to have forgetten one of the doctrines of bodybuilding - drawing up goals periodically and striving to achieve them through proper form, training, sleep&rest and nutrition. Isn't that what life is about too?

The mentality of some of these people is... ''Why train hard and lift heavy ass weights when anabolics can get most of the job done for me? So long as I look freaky, I'm going to command stares and respect ! That's all that matters ''
    I'm in the sport not only to gain size and look big ,but also achieving goals and maintaining a good discipline. The feeling of fulfilling my goals is one that is overwhelming and priceless.
    Bro I am all about training hard... and I sure as hell know that anabolics aren't a magic pill that magically makes you bigger... I just see way too many guys who think it's only about the numbers u are pushing... they sacrifice proper form just to try and impress others with the amount of weight they can lift... bottom line is this not only doesn't help u grow, it can hurt u...

The guys you are referring to who are 240 or 250 lean, they may not lift heavy when you see them, but believe me, if they're carrying those stats that can when they want to. I actually train lighter more often than i used to and I'm hella bigger than I was when I was going balls to the wall. Dont get me wrong, there are days where I load up a leg press w/ 13-1400 lbs for reps, squat w/ 550, curl w/ 175 or 185, but most of the time it's about feeling the squeeze, concentrating on form, and just pushing the fibers enough to respond. Also, you never know what type of diet those guys are on. They may be in a depleted state and cannot lift more than you at the time, but anybody w/ those stats can lift heavy. You dont grow by benching 135 all the time.

rford78 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    the actual disgrace is that you feel the need to measure yourself against others who are obviously bigger than you, which makes you feel inadequate.. so therefore you think bc you weigh 190 and prolly bench 275 that your bill kazmire.. not everyone has the same goals.. unlike you, id rather look like i can move a truck, than actually move it. when you get up into actual heavy heavy wt.. youll realize like most really strong ppl, that you dont wanna risk injury.. hummingbird ass...alligator mouth

You remind me of people who live on their credit cards and lavish themselves on luxury items - sports cars, whores, toys and whatnot. But ultimately, they cannot justify their celebrity lifestyles because their annual income is that of a peasant.

As I said, I'm not measuring myself to others but meeting my goals. These people such as yourself seem to have forgotten the true spirit of the sport ! BIGBIGBIG....that's all that matters isn't it ??! People like you are a disgrace because you make genuine bodybuilders and AAS users look like drug addicts.

So u wanna look as if u can move a truck ? But ask yourself deep down inside, ''Can I back my size with my strength? Is my size proportional to my strength ?"

Who are you kidding, kiddo??? At the end of the day it's not about comparing/competing with others, but with YOURSELF. And don't talk to me about INJURY, you little puss*, it's all part and parcel of bodybuilding !!!! (are you the one who wrote the thread on 'gaining muscle without lifting weights')

You remind me of people who live on their credit cards and lavish themselves on luxury items - sports cars, whores, toys and whatnot. But ultimately, they cannot justify their celebrity lifestyles because their annual income is that of a peasant.

As I said, I'm not measuring myself to others but meeting my goals. These people such as yourself seem to have forgotten the true spirit of the sport ! BIGBIGBIG....that's all that matters isn't it ??! People like you are a disgrace because you make genuine bodybuilders and AAS users look like drug addicts.

So u wanna look as if u can move a truck ? But ask yourself deep down inside, ''Can I back my size with my strength? Is my size proportional to my strength ?"

Who are you kidding, kiddo??? At the end of the day it's not about comparing/competing with others, but with YOURSELF. And don't talk to me about INJURY, you little puss*, it's all part and parcel of bodybuilding !!!! (are you the one who wrote the thread on 'gaining muscle without lifting weights')
    you might wanna retract that statement there bub

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    And don't talk to me about INJURY, you little puss*
    i know i am fairly new here also, but with only 22 post you should watch your mouth when talking about a respected member like decadbal... or just STFU newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by WEBBNB
    i know i am fairly new here also, but with only 22 post you should watch your mouth when talking about a respected member like decadbal... or just STFU newbie.
    respected.. yeah i wouldnt use that word either

WEBBNB,

Kiss my hard ass and shut the f*ck up. Yet another tough guy on the INTERNET.

I DO respect VETs on this boards, but when a so called 'vet' goes namecalling me then that is out of line and i'm not going to just keep quiet.

I am entitled to my opinion too. But I don't go bashing people e.g. 'hummingbird ass' 'alligator mouth' are just some examples, just because they don't agree with mine......did you see what he wrote??? I treat people the way I would like to be treated.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy

Where do you get this drivel from?

Bullshit, avoiding injury is what keeps you moving along in this sport. Good bodybuilders learn to train smarter and not harder. At the end of the day we really dont give a **** about how much we've moved, we give a shit about what our training has done for our size. Let me ask you this, why would you train balls to the wall every single workout when you could train one bodypart hard as hell each week, but let the others have more time to recover, that way when you come back to train the other muscles harder your that much stronger from recovery periods. Do you see what I'm getting at here? There comes a point where just train hard,hard,hard doesnt work as well anymore when your topping your genetic or cycle peak. We have to utilize different approaches sometimes. You'll realize this more when your the guy who is 240 lean, I used to think this same way myself.

welp this has been fun..

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!! +1

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Bullshit, avoiding injury is what keeps you moving along in this sport.
    No stayinstacked, you're not a real bodybuilder without a few torn tendons

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Good bodybuilders learn to train smarter and not harder. At the end of the day we really dont give a **** about how much we've moved, we give a shit about what our training has done for our size.
    Exactly - lifting weights to me is a means to an end.

you sound pretty tough also, what were your stats again 190 pounds,HAHAHAHAHAHA your a joke. i weighed that much when i was 17. why dont you stop hiding behind that screen and we'll get together and we'll see who is the one that has to shut the f-ck up, you lame sack of sh1t. you claim to be so much stronger than all these big guys lets see, i'll even come and see you i dont have a job all i do is eat and train but i will take a day off to come down and see you and make sure you dont say much for a long time. how old are you anyway 20, just curious, cause it seems like your very immature when you said
    did you see what he wrote???
    it is not grade three and it is not about who started it.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    u shud come to my gym .. nothing but MEAT HEADS and not enuff plates
    I hear ya, my gym has alot of wussies, my point is I like strength over size, but size is nice.

I hear ya, my gym has alot of wussies, my point is I like strength over size, but size is nice.
    werd i train for str as well.. love LOW REP and i figure gettin stonger makes me bigger.. maybe not as BIG as Volume traininers but density is more important as well..

if i get injured.. i up my GH and IGF until im 100%

BG

OMG good read

BG
    werd i train for str as well.. love LOW REP and i figure gettin stonger makes me bigger.. maybe not as BIG as Volume traininers but density is more important as well..

if i get injured.. i up my GH and IGF until im 100%
    words to live by!

I totally agree with you, you are entitled to your opinion, just pull your head outta your a$$ before you say something so stupid D!CK LIPS.

this is going to get closed so i am out like taiboxa.
    Peace

BG
    Tai you ever get the numbness in fingers from GH??Little off topic but since your here.

Quote Originally Posted by WEBBNB
    you sound pretty tough also, what were your stats again 190 pounds,HAHAHAHAHAHA your a joke. i weighed that much when i was 17. why dont you stop hiding behind that screen and we'll get together and we'll see who is the one that has to shut the f-ck up, you lame sack of sh1t. you claim to be so much stronger than all these big guys lets see, i'll even come and see you i dont have a job all i do is eat and train but i will take a day off to come down and see you and make sure you dont say much for a long time. how old are you anyway 20, just curious, cause it seems like your very immature when you said it is not grade three and it is not about who started it.

Haha.....learn to read bro. I did not claim to be 'much stronger' than all these big guys' . Read my thread again. Yes I'm only 190 (and proud of it) and I do not care if you were my weight when you were 17- Who's the 3rd grader? You're the one who's seems immature - comparing who's bigger or who's not. I'm in competition with MYSELF not you

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Some have hit on the correct response.. to build muscle, and size you work with lighter weight, if i am doing power training, then i use much heavier weights to shock the system.

It might not sound correct but it is.. ever notice the strong man comps?? they guys are big, and fat..

depends on your sport..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

[QUOTE][depends on your sport../QUOTE] I will agreee with that for sure.

As I said, I'm not measuring myself to others but meeting my goals.

At the end of the day it's not about comparing/competing with others, but with YOURSELF.

I'm in competition with MYSELF
    All true statements IMO, it's just strange that they were made by the same guy who said:

I actually find it quite amusing to see this guy in my gym, who's at least 250 lbs (it's obvious he juices) carrying an almost identical weight as me ! And i'm only 190 lbs...

All true statements IMO, it's just strange that they were made by the same guy who said:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rford78
    I actually find it quite amusing to see this guy in my gym, who's at least 250 lbs (it's obvious he juices) carrying an almost identical weight as me ! And i'm only 190 lbs...

ding ding ding we have a winner, he has done nothing but contradict him self the entire post. first he was comparing himself to the big guys who dont lift as heavy as him, but then he says he is only in competeion with himself. Make up your mind newb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall

NOtSmall,

The jist of that is that I find it amusing. Sure it seems like a direct comparison, but it is something that arouses your curiousity .
    Last edited by rford78; 02-05-2006 at 06:40 PM.

mass junkie is offline banned
    seems like all who were bickering in this thread would have already met all their goals if theyd put as much energy into living the lifestyle rather than disputing about it

and Id back deca any day of the week.. he's one of the good guys...

cant belive I just said that

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    seems like all who were bickering in this thread would have already met all their goals if theyd put as much energy into living the lifestyle rather than disputing about it
    Hmm, maybe, but resting is important for growth too and when I'm resting I like to bicker on AR

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i rarely max out at the gym and when i do it will be at a flat bench. I have invested way too much time, effort, and money into building my body to lift reckless and stupid.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    i rarely max out at the gym and when i do it will be at a flat bench. I have invested way too much time, effort, and money into building my body to lift reckless and stupid.
    Lifting heavy is reckless and stupid , not if done properly and not all the time.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Hmm, maybe, but resting is important for growth too and when I'm resting I like to bicker on AR
    lmaooo

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    personally it depends on goals.. Perhaps they are using a 3/2 tempo with dead on form.. Perhaps they have been injured at one point. Perhaps they think how I think, which is that I want to be in the game for a long time, and my goals are how I look, not how much I lift. Obviously you need to lift a certain amout to get optimal growth, but I've found that area and sticking to it.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Lifting heavy is reckless and stupid , not if done properly and not all the time.
    you have answered your own remark.
    i am not at the gym to put on a show

Hard Head is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Perhaps they are using a 3/2 tempo with dead on form.. Perhaps they have been injured at one point.

Not only that but where in their workout are they? Are they fresh or are they finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    Not only that but where in their workout are they? Are they fresh or are they finished?
    Yeah, 'cause I may just be imagining it but the fly girlies at my gym always seem to walk in just as I'm nearing the end of a strip set of dumbell curls and I'm wincing in pain trying to curl a 20lb dumbell

Tai you ever get the numbness in fingers from GH??Little off topic but since your here.
    omg ROFL all the time everything GOES NUMB!~

infact last monday on not just my hands but my whole forarm went numb right as i started to lift the bar off the rack .. i was in such shock i was like WAT DA ****!>< it suckd really f'd me up kuz it was hard to focus on the lift when both hands tingling and kinda shaking ><

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    Maybe its just me yet there was a big difference between POWERLIFTERS AND BODYBUILDERS being that one lifted for strength and the other for size

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I could beat up all you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    I could beat up all you guys.
    no way dood my internet dong is like 9 times longer than my real life one!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    no way dood my internet dong is like 9 times longer than my real life one!
    Plezze kid, i b benchin like 500lbs.......... single arm !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information