Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DCB83 is offline Associate Member

Why are ppl intimidated by me?

I just got back home from a night club. I was chatting with a friend of a good friend of mine and says to me " you know, you're a really cool dude now that i got to know you, cuz before i always got this weird vibe from you". This kinda affected me in way. Now that i think about it, ppl don't usually start up a conversation with me. I'm the one always initiating and thinking of questions to ask or new topics to talk about. Why?? Might it have something to do with my appearance? I'm tall, dark, muscular (6' 195lbs) and i tend to wear fitted clothing to show it off. I'm proud of my hard work in and out of the gym, so why not. I'm told that I'm good looking, but i can be a little hard on myself when it comes to that. I don't smile all the time cuz theres no reason for it.I'm not the most talkative person but i interact very well with older, more mature ppl. Girls fall in love with me when they get to know me.
    I guess i would love to be more approachable.
    Any thoughts?

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    I have seen posts like this wayyyy to often.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I always got that kinda meathead stereotype I guess. I am a bit shy but I smile and laughed a lot. Since I actually look like I work out compared to other guys in their late twenties. I get the stand offish thing a lot and its gotten me paranoid. I am by no means the biggest guy out there.(6'1'' 215, 10-14% bf depending on time of year) I take my shirt off you can tell that I have at least worked out before. I think its that since most people now a days are so out of shape and do not exercise. That a fit in-shape guy that is not morbidly obese by the time they hit 27 is so outside the norm its like walking around with a target on the back. When I was 18 and playing sports my freshman year in college all my peers looked like me, in shape, athletic fit, muscular six pack abs. The girls were use to it and I went to a small juco school so everyone was an athlete practically.

When I stopped playing sports and got more into academia were all the nerds were at, not a soul would talk to me. One girl told me that everyone was afraid I would beat them up if I got bad grades or some shit. My saving grace was I had a buddy that was a sports dude from University I transferred to and was huge and was on his way to med school after playing ball. He kind of got me into all the student academic groups like pre-med club, chem, bio, ect. I was honestly more afraid of all of them than they were of me I think.

Fast forward to now I am a little bigger now but since MMA has gotten big, I get asked if I am a fighter a lot. I mean seriously, is it only fighters now that are in-shape now. I dont have califlower ear I am just a veiny bastard I guess and have some traps. The thing I hate constantly when I go to bars is dude sizing me up all the time. I aint there to fight I want to have a beer and have fun.

So to cut myself off from a major rant I am sure tons of guys on this board feel the same way. There are guys on here I could name off that put me to shame in the gym and the looks department, I am sure they get it way worse than me for sure.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DCB83 View Post
    I just got back home from a night club. I was chatting with a friend of a good friend of mine and says to me " you know, you're a really cool dude now that i got to know you, cuz before i always got this weird vibe from you". This kinda affected me in way. Now that i think about it, ppl don't usually start up a conversation with me. I'm the one always initiating and thinking of questions to ask or new topics to talk about. Why?? Might it have something to do with my appearance? I'm tall, dark, muscular (6' 195lbs) and i tend to wear fitted clothing to show it off. I'm proud of my hard work in and out of the gym, so why not. I'm told that I'm good looking, but i can be a little hard on myself when it comes to that. I don't smile all the time cuz theres no reason for it.I'm not the most talkative person but i interact very well with older, more mature ppl. Girls fall in love with me when they get to know me.
    Any thoughts?
    Unless you're The Rock or Vin Diesel, I see no reason for people to be intimidated. Your physique isn't frekish by the sounds of it. Maybe it's just that thick man-cock you're sporting everywhere, loosen up those jeans brah.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    I have seen posts like this wayyyy to often.

LOL, yeah I have probably posted in a few of these threads many times. Its always fun to rant anyway.

jbm
    Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Unless you're The Rock or Vin Diesel, I see no reason for people to be intimidated. Your physique isn't frekish by the sounds of it. Maybe it's just that thick man-cock you're sporting everywhere, loosen up those jeans brah.
    DSM will be intimidated a lot!

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post

Blog Entries
    LMAO, its little moments like this that makes me actually happy I have insomnia sometimes....

jbm

jbm

sizerp is offline Banned
    Yep, it's definitely the pants. No more nut-hugging scare tactics. That should get the ladies to loosen up to ya... or DSM...

sizerp is offline Banned
    You need to not restrain your hoodang - tight like a tiger applys to other areas of life.

jbm
    Yep, it's definitely the pants. No more nut-hugging scare tactics. That should get the ladies to loosen up to ya... or DSM...

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    LMAO.... Size doesn't usuaully mean people will get intimidated.... Your mood and type of person you are affects it... Maybe you just look mean...... HAHA.

sizerp is offline Banned
    lmao, WTH did you find this pic?

jbm
    lmao, WTH did you find this pic?
    DSM's photo album!

sizerp is offline Banned
    DSM's photo album!
    Ah that explains it.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Wow.. i know where that was taken. All of a sudden i am ashamed to live in the city i live in

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Capital of Gay'ism. Sydney Aus.

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    You said it brother. Sydney is the capital of gay'ism. Unfortunately that ^^^ is Melbourne. Now the 2nd biggest gay'ism state in Australia.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend View Post
    You said it brother. Sydney is the capital of gay'ism. Unfortunately that ^^^ is Melbourne. Now the 2nd biggest gay'ism state in Australia.
    What is gay'ism???

And you guys allow this, I thought Australia was like the capital of the world at kickin peoples asses for being over exaggeratist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    What is gay'ism???

And you guys allow this, I thought Australia was like the capital of the world at kickin peoples asses for being over exaggeratist
    I caught gay'ism from sharing a drink from a gay guy when i was younger.

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    Any thoughts?

I'm 5'11" 190lbs. I don't think it's the size, because some people say I look angry all the time. Well angry + arab isn't exactly considered friendly these days. Do you happen to look arab by any chance?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I caught gay'ism from sharing a drink from a gay guy when i was younger.
    So is that like an actual thing, like a movement or trend. You know like some people are goth or emo but you cant tell because they both dress the same.

Sorry I am only fake gay so I dont really know these things.

Blog Entries
    So is that like an actual thing, like a movement or trend. You know like some people are goth or emo but you cant tell because they both dress the same.

Sorry I am only fake gay so I dont really know these things.
    Nope, its the gay disease. I was totally straight until i shared that cup

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    The Biggest thing I hate is when dudes try to size me up or purposely try to give me "angry looks" as if I came into class, campus, bar, club to fight someone. Leave me alone you insecure prick and move on with your life, just because I am muscular doesn't mean I fight everyone I see.

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    lol wtf (to Dont wanna be old)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    The Biggest thing I hate is when dudes try to size me up or purposely try to give me "angry looks" as if I came into class, campus, bar, club to fight someone. Leave me alone you insecure prick and move on with your life, just because I am muscular doesn't mean I fight everyone I see.

Blog Entries
    Its the persian thang that makes you want to fight....

DCB83 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post

I'm 5'11" 190lbs. I don't think it's the size, because some people say I look angry all the time. Well angry + arab isn't exactly considered friendly these days. Do you happen to look arab by any chance?
    yeah i do. Montreal is a very a multi ethnic city. Im always surrounded my all sorts of ppl. I guess looking arab in the states isn't so good these days.

Blog Entries
    yeah i do. Montreal is a very a multi ethnic city. Im always surrounded my all sorts of ppl. I guess looking arab in the states isn't so good these days.
    I dont think I could tell if someone was arab, mexican, italian, spanish or whatever. Seriously being an arab in the states i dont think is really a big deal, at least were I am from and I am a REDNECK by birth and Aliven. We dislike the government more than anything.

sizerp is offline Banned
    That is why... the arabness... people think you've got explosives underneath all those clothes, and that you're secretly trying to play them off as developed muscles!

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Its the persian thang that makes you want to fight....
    For real, shit pisses me off more than the movie 300

HOW THE **** IS THIS AN ACCURATE PORTRAYAL OF KING XERXES!!?

The guy looks like a ****ing transexual with a metal fetish.

**** 300 and **** that stupid movie that was grossly inaccurate.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Thats how I feel about that movie Idilgous bastards or whatever by Quentain Tarintino that depicts Nazi Germany as Germany Proper. Being German does not make you a Nazi, and calling a Nazi a German is not true as well. Every German had to join the Nazi Party or die. Only True leadership of the Nazi party were Nazi's. There was a large foreign content that joined the Nazi party too on their own free will....uggg

sizerp is offline Banned

Umm-- actually it's based on the graphic Novel, 300. Not persian history. And since this is the case, the movie was EXTREMELY accurate. Have you ever seen the comic? The movie is basically a clone.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Thats how I feel about that movie Idilgous bastards or whatever by Quentain Tarintino that depicts Nazi Germany as Germany Proper. Being German does not make you a Nazi, and calling a Nazi a German is not true as well. Every German had to join the Nazi Party or die. Only True leadership of the Nazi party were Nazi's. There was a large foreign content that joined the Nazi party too on their own free will....uggg
    I don't care if you were forced to be a Nazi or not, if you're wearing a Swastika and killing Jews, you're a Fing Nazi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information