Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Withdrawing from Caffeine

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member

Withdrawing from Caffeine

I've decided to give up caffeine or for the most part. I'm still going to drink decaff coffee, I haven't had a caffeinated drink in the last two days. I had my first cup of coffee when I was five years old, so I've been drinking it for some time and the withdrawals I am experiencing already are unpleasant.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has quit caffeine cold turkey
    BG likes this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    I cant quit and on some days I'm at 600mg+ of the good stuff

Anyway if you do try to quit after a week you can experience headaches and withdrawals
    Best way of quitting is slowly drop your caffeine intake throughout a few weeks
    Some people try cold Turkey and it doesnt work for everyone unless you're strong enough to deal with the withdrawals
    I'm not...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've already got the headaches and my cognitive functioning seems a little slower already. I know both of these will dissipate at some point and I can't assume I'm 100% caffeine free as I'm sure there are still traces in decaff drinks.

I'm going to see if there is anything that can counteract or dampen the withdrawals supplement wise, but I'm not going to replace one problem with another.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don’t ever quit permanently, but I will occasionally phase it out for a week at a time.

Most people don’t know how much caffeine they actually consume, because they don’t weigh their coffee grounds. I do, because I’m an asshole, and my rough math puts me at about 1.8g per day, on average.

Interestingly, I don’t have any issues with sleep, and when I drop it, I don’t suffer any of the more common symptoms like headaches or fatigue.
    SocioMachiavelli likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    I've already got the headaches and my cognitive functioning seems a little slower already. I know both of these will dissipate at some point and I can't assume I'm 100% caffeine free as I'm sure there are still traces in decaff drinks.

I'm going to see if there is anything that can counteract or dampen the withdrawals supplement wise, but I'm not going to replace one problem with another.
    Black tea works as a replacement to straight caffeine

SocioMachiavelli likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I got temporarily detained for 3 days once. I was on 4 monsters a day plus morning coffee.

Hot sweats and headaches that felt like my brains were being pushed out my sinuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    I don’t ever quit permanently, but I will occasionally phase it out for a week at a time.

Most people don’t know how much caffeine they actually consume, because they don’t weigh their coffee grounds. I do, because I’m an asshole, and my rough math puts me at about 1.8g per day, on average.

Interestingly, I don’t have any issues with sleep, and when I drop it, I don’t suffer any of the more common symptoms like headaches or fatigue.
    I'm usually around 600mg if I use the right pre workout and caffeine dosages but hos the hell are you at 1gram? How many cups of coffee are we talking here or is this 2-3 scoops of pwo?

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I got temporarily detained for 3 days once. I was on 4 monsters a day plus morning coffee.

Hot sweats and headaches that felt like my brains were being pushed out my sinuses.
    Yeah I'm waiting for the real fun stuff to begin

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    I'm usually around 600mg if I use the right pre workout and caffeine dosages but hos the hell are you at 1gram? How many cups of coffee are we talking here or is this 2-3 scoops of pwo?

I don’t measure it via cups, I measure it via dry weight of coffee grounds. You’ll never reach water’s saturation point of caffeine per volume of water, so the dry weight is a far more accurate measure.

You extract roughly 80mg caffeine per 10g dry weight of coffee grounds. My morning carafe of french press is made with 60g of grounds, so contains about 480mg of caffeine, and makes for about two 12 fluid ounce cups of coffee.

I’ll usually consume three of those per day, as well as a couple of Monster Ultras (150mg per can) and my PWO (450mg).
    EDCG19 likes this.

Yeah I'm waiting for the real fun stuff to begin

After about 72-96 hours should be good.

I'd personaly ween off by halving consumption every day.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

I don’t measure it via cups, I measure it via dry weight of coffee grounds. You’ll never reach water’s saturation point of caffeine per volume of water, so the dry weight is a far more accurate measure.

You extract roughly 80mg caffeine per 10g dry weight of coffee grounds. My morning carafe of french press is made with 60g of grounds, so contains about 480mg of caffeine, and makes for about two 12 fluid ounce cups of coffee.

I’ll usually consume three of those per day, as well as a couple of Monster Ultras (150mg per can) and my PWO (450mg).
    Damn that's on the high end of caffeine intake
    How does it feel to be on that much? Any paranoia or anxiety?

Damn that's on the high end of caffeine intake
    How does it feel to be on that much? Any paranoia or anxiety?

None. Apparently my superpower is drug metabolism. I responded extremely well to TRT, can consume stupid amounts of caffeine without issue, and I spent half of my teenage years fucking with street drugs in dosages that should have put me in a morgue.

None. Apparently my superpower is drug metabolism. I responded extremely well to TRT, can consume stupid amounts of caffeine without issue, and I spent half of my teenage years fucking with street drugs in dosages that should have put me in a morgue.
    Hm, I usually use the monster ultra (1 a day) coffee (1-2 cups a day) in the morning than preworkout is jekyl/hyde preworkout and that brings me to maybe 600-650mg of caffiene and my anxiety would go through the roof on something like this everyday

Caffeine might just not be for me than
    I don't understand how you're getting that much caffeine and no blood pressure or heart issues at over a gram of caffeine a day

Hm, I usually use the monster ultra (1 a day) coffee (1-2 cups a day) in the morning than preworkout is jekyl/hyde preworkout and that brings me to maybe 600-650mg of caffiene and my anxiety would go through the roof on something like this everyday

Caffeine might just not be for me than
    I don't understand how you're getting that much caffeine and no blood pressure or heart issues at over a gram of caffeine a day
    It’s been shown in the lab several times that people all metabolize drugs (especially caffeine) differently on a “sliding scale”. On one end, there are people who have a half cup of coffee and develop the shakes and their BP goes through the roof. On the other end are people like me, who can consume multiple grams per day to no ill effect. My blood pressure, even on my current cycle is staying around 117/70, so long as I don’t take it immediately after training.

Interestingly, those with my metabolic rate appear to get cardioprotective effects from caffeine, whereas people on the other end see detriment.

Of course, most people fall somewhere between these two extremes
    EDCG19 likes this.

It’s been shown in the lab several times that people all metabolize drugs (especially caffeine) differently on a “sliding scale”. On one end, there are people who have a half cup of coffee and develop the shakes and their BP goes through the roof. On the other end are people like me, who can consume multiple grams per day to no ill effect. My blood pressure, even on my current cycle is staying around 117/70, so long as I don’t take it immediately after training.

Interestingly, those with my metabolic rate appear to get cardioprotective effects from caffeine, whereas people on the other end see detriment.

Of course, most people fall somewhere between these two extremes
    Understand..
    That makes sense since everyone keeps saying people are different and one person will react differently to this drug or that drug etc.. that still sounds on the high scale for me though, I couldn't imagine that much caffeine in a day for myself when just around half that dose I'm bouncing off the walls guess I'm a "light weight" when it comes to that stuff

I'm in the same boat as gallow.

I was a 8th wonder with the amount of drugs I could metabolize I'm my youth.

I was well over a gram of caffeine with eca and pre-work out and sit at 110/ 60

Pulse, well that's another story

Proximal is offline Banned
    I've decided to give up caffeine or for the most part. I'm still going to drink decaff coffee, I haven't had a caffeinated drink in the last two days. I had my first cup of coffee when I was five years old, so I've been drinking it for some time and the withdrawals I am experiencing already are unpleasant.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has quit caffeine cold turkey
    If I missed it, my bad. May I ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I'm in the same boat as gallow.

I was a 8th wonder with the amount of drugs I could metabolize I'm my youth.

I was well over a gram of caffeine with eca and pre-work out and sit at 110/ 60

Pulse, well that's another story

Funny enough, my RHR stays in the 55-60 range as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    If I missed it, my bad. May I ask why?
    I have drank coffee all my life, but I have a feeling I may be quite sensitive to stimulants.... so it's mainly to ascertain whether I am or not. The other thing is that you can have spikes but then massive falls in energy until you have another cup. I will continue to drink decaff which may have traces in it.

Once I have tested whether or not I am sensitive to it, I may allow myself a single caffeinated coffee before intense exercise.... but beyond that it's decaff from here on out.
    Proximal and EDCG19 like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I guess after long term stim abuse, pulling caffeine doesn't bother me much

About 2 months ago I pulled 95%+ of caffeine/ephedrine from my diet.

I guess I feel a tad more tired at times, but nothing major at all - the wife still bugs me on why I'm not drinking coffee < I started to pull the coffee originally due to my GI issues - yesterday, I think was the 1st time I had coffee in a month or so
    EDCG19 and Obs like this.

KennyJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post

I guess I feel a tad more tired at times, but nothing major at all - the wife still bugs me on why I'm not drinking coffee < I started to pull the coffee originally due to my GI issues - yesterday, I think was the 1st time I had coffee in a month or so
    Samson, do your GI issues have anything to do with AAS use, preexisting problem or do you know?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post

Aye.... I am an ephedrine caffeine addict.
    I come off and I feel like shit for days.
    It is counterproductive. I just love the extra boost.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    Samson, do your GI issues have anything to do with AAS use, preexisting problem or do you know?

It's hard to say

I have always been rough on my digestive system. When I was in my mid 20's it was nothing but energy drinks & low carb high fatty foods.

Then it was a gram a day c*****e habit that lasted for almost 3 years. This was when I first got on the juice - my first 2-3 years of juicing included a heavy dose of orals, usually aBombs

So here we r - no caffeine/or other stims, cleanest diet in prob over a decade + a handful of supps

I'm finally starting to keep my episodes a in check, longest I have gone without one within the last 3 years has been right under 3 months.

Oh yeah, can't forget about my drinking habit that's been around since I wasn't even 20

All = should of been dead a long time ago
    Obs likes this.

Any updates? You still free of caffeine?

I've still been drinking decaff and tea..which will obviously still have traces in so I can't say I've completely abstained.

But I haven't had a coffee, not gone out of my way for that caffeine hit though.

I'm doing OK in fairness, I haven't had as many highs and lows energy wise. The biggest challenge has been first thing in a morning.. Not being able to have that boost.

I've found it pretty easy to stay disciplined with it to be honest. I think drinking the decaff has really helped with this.. I forget it doesn't contain caffeine in it.

Going to send you a PM about something else when I get a minute

Damn BP, cutting out coffee starting today.

May have to try decaf initially, but hopefully I’ll stick to my plan of transitioning to hibiscus tea.
    Obs likes this.

Damn BP, cutting out coffee starting today.

May have to try decaf initially, but hopefully I’ll stick to my plan of transitioning to hibiscus tea.
    What's the BP coming in at?

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Just tried a few days ago and gave up. Started a new job and I felt like shit. I’m back on c-4 and black tea in the morning to start. I’m driving around being taught my job by a co-worker right now so I’m tired. Can’t imagine doing this with out the junk .........I’ll try again when things settle down I go back and forth all the time.
    Proximal and Obs like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

What's the BP coming in at?
    In the day hangs out in the 130’s over high 80’s, low 90’s. And, that’s with Atenolol.

But, with that said, I’m not a spring chicken.
    Obs likes this.

In the day hangs out in the 130’s over high 80’s, low 90’s. And, that’s with Atenolol.

What's your feeling on cardio? I'd be tempted to swap out the atenolol for something that doesn't also restrict the heart rate as much and do some moderate to high intensity cardio to try reduce it that way also. I can't remember if candesartan is less potent at reducing the heart rate.
    BG likes this.

Obs

I been higher than that since I was a teen.

Every single thing about me says I will have a heart attack at 40-50 years old
    Proximal likes this.

What's your feeling on cardio? I'd be tempted to swap out the atenolol for something that doesn't also restrict the heart rate as much and do some moderate to high intensity cardio to try reduce it that way also. I can't remember if candesartan is less potent at reducing the heart rate.
    Including more & more. I’ll have to ask a cardiologist how drastically Atenolol deteriorates the effect of cardio. Im lucky to get my HR into the mid 90’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I been higher than that since I was a teen.

Every single thing about me says I will have a heart attack at 40-50 years old
    You know, it’s not the heart attacks that worry me as much. You either die, or you have surgery, go on meds and live another day.

It’s the strokes that scare the hell out of me. I’ve treated too many of them. I don’t want to go out that way.
    Gallowmere and Obs like this.

Including more & more. I’ll have to ask a cardiologist how drastically Atenolol deteriorates the effect of cardio. Im lucky to get my HR into the mid 90’s.
    I can already tell you. If you're trying to get your heart into a decent rate for exertion the atenolol is going to prevent it.

I used to take it every so often if I was having palpitations or tachycardia.. So it wasn't a regular thing. I took it early in the AM one morning... Around 14:00 I decided to go for a run for the first time in a while. 15 minutes in my chest started feeling really heavy.. First I figured it was just the runners wall.. So I pushed harder.. Shit kept getting tighter and I couldn't breathe properly. So I walked home feeling dizzy, slightly panicked.. I thought my heart was in trouble.. So I got my stethoscope and Sphygmomanometerout to do my BP manually.. Put it on the table and saw my box of Atenolol.. I thought oh you mother fucker.

I had totally forgot I had taken it that morning. A beta blocker that fights so hard to keep the heart rate down and you trying to increase your heart rate vigorously is a recipe for disaster. In my top 3 scariest experiences.

Chrisp83TRT likes this.

You know, it’s not the heart attacks that worry me as much. You either die, or you have surgery, go on meds and live another day.

It’s the strokes that scare the hell out of me. I’ve treated too many of them. I don’t want to go out that way.
    I can definitely appreciate that. You can add “severe stroke victim” to my list of ailments (dementia and Alzheimer’s) that my ideal self cure would involve a high speed jacketed injection to the diseased body part.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    I can definitely appreciate that. You can add “severe stroke victim” to my list of ailments (dementia and Alzheimer’s) that my ideal self cure would involve a high speed jacketed injection to the diseased body part.
    Every person in my family that lives to be old gets dimentia or alzheimers.

If I stroke I hope it kills me.

KennyJ is offline Member
    I can already tell you. If you're trying to get your heart into a decent rate for exertion the atenolol is going to prevent it.

I used to take it every so often if I was having palpitations or tachycardia.. So it wasn't a regular thing. I took it early in the AM one morning... Around 14:00 I decided to go for a run for the first time in a while. 15 minutes in my chest started feeling really heavy.. First I figured it was just the runners wall.. So I pushed harder.. Shit kept getting tighter and I couldn't breathe properly. So I walked home feeling dizzy, slightly panicked.. I thought my heart was in trouble.. So I got my stethoscope and Sphygmomanometerout to do my BP manually.. Put it on the table and saw my box of Atenolol.. I thought oh you mother fucker.

I had totally forgot I had taken it that morning. A beta blocker that fights so hard to keep the heart rate down and you trying to increase your heart rate vigorously is a recipe for disaster. In my top 3 scariest experiences.

Just curious, did you have the palpitations while running AAS or did you just have them anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Every person in my family that lives to be old gets dimentia or alzheimers.

If I stroke I hope it kills me.
    Yeah, I can theoretically tough it through any disease to the end. However, the ones that render me into a state of “you’re no longer you” are unacceptable to me.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Yeah, I can theoretically tough it through any disease to the end. However, the ones that render me into a state of “you’re no longer you” are unacceptable to me.
    Its terrible.
    I don't want to be herding imaginaty cattle in my underwear a mile away from the house in the dead of winter or have screaming fits the last two weeks of my life after having babbled incoherently for a year.
    Gallowmere likes this.

Obs

It blocks epinephrine from reaching the heart.
    You can low dose it or counter balance it with ephedrine in my case.

Only time I take more than 25 mg of atenolol is when I have been a very bad boy and my heart is telling me about it.

Also little known fact... Orange juice and apple juice can delay the onset of atenolol by up to five hours.

The mechanisms by which it does this are unknown.
    Last edited by Obs; 01-05-2019 at 03:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information