Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    hercules88 is offline Senior Member

shawn ray kicked my ass!!!!

well bros,

he said it was cool to post the worjouts cause they always change. Keep in mind that these workouts are only a warm up to him. hes trying to get over intitial soreness. he said i should be ready for hell in a couple of weeks.

shoulders
    dumbell press
    dumbell flys
    dunbell shrugs
    upright row

4 sets each 15, 12, 12, 10

arms
    tris
    pulldowns
    scullcrushers
    standing dumbell behind the head (single handed)
    bis
    seated dumbell curls
    cable one arm curls
    standing preacher

same sets and reps. ecept he made me do 15 reps for for all the cable sets.
    he worked me like a dog!! never felt pumps and burns like this before. this is probobly the best thing ever to happen to me. we start over on monday with chest....ill fill you all in from there.

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    you are one lucky SOB man. **** I wish I was you right now!

Testify is offline Senior Member

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    how about some pictures??

do you doubt the great hercules senor adams?????

thats a good idea. all the photo shoots will be happening soon after the iron man this weekend. hopefully i will get a ton of pics. but ill try to get a pic with me and shawn for those who are skeptical, j/k. ill try to get some next week.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    Show him why, he's never come in the top 4 at the olympia!!!!!

OWN THAT BITCH

Didn't he get a second place back in the early-mid 90's????

How did you hook up to train with him bro??

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Own Him Herc!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredz
    Didn't he get a second place back in the early-mid 90's????

How did you hook up to train with him bro??

we work out at golds in the morning and one day he justt ask me if i wanted to train with him. i said fuk ya bro. he is a very good guy. he has been very respectful, im almost at the point were i can start pulling his leg. people have told me of his arogance but i have yet to see it. he is very accomadating and even asks my input as to what we should do. as far as im concered he is a top notch bro. im in it for the knowledge and experience, which im sure i will gain alot of. yea shawn has placed 2 3 and 4 a number of times at the O.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Get his ass on AR!!!

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    what did you expect? hes gonna continue to punish you! just stay focused bro, this could be a great opportunity...btw, if it hurts now, wait until tomorrow, thats when the soreness will set in...better double up on the glutamine! Keep us posted!
    -Cy

Danielle is offline Female Member
    ****......i would ****ing love to train with a female pro...........theres barely any females at my gym that are hardcore about training..............
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by IronCy
    what did you expect? hes gonna continue to punish you! just stay focused bro, this could be a great opportunity...btw, if it hurts now, wait until tomorrow, thats when the soreness will set in...better double up on the glutamine! Keep us posted!
    -Cy

after shoulders and calf, the only soreness i had was traps cause he showed me how to shrug properly. it will get worse in a couple of weeks. he explained to me the hell that awaits. and i cant wait for that pain.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Cool brotha... Keep us posted...

Shawn has always been one of my

favorite BB's even though he can

be a smart ass... Kick his Ass

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    cool bro.. lucky

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    after shoulders and calf, the only soreness i had was traps cause he showed me how to shrug properly. it will get worse in a couple of weeks. he explained to me the hell that awaits. and i cant wait for that pain.
    ****...i love reading about this....that must be badass

anyways...how do you shrug (like a pro) correctly, what did he do differently????

where do you train in the golds, what state? that would be great to train with a pro.

Whatcha gonna do.....

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Hate you does not even come close to describing my feelings towards you at this moment..............you lucky ****ing ape. Please tell me you were standing toe to toe on those sets and reps.......can't be given other AR bros a bad name you know. hahahaha

I am pretty impressed with the layout concerning the sets and number of reps.....looks very much like mine.............sweet.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I saw him when he was in Bellvue WA for a bodybuilding competition. I wanted so badly to walk up to him and tell him how freaking hot he is. Man he's handsome. I don't even care about his muscles....ok I'm lying...anyway...tell him Commando_Barbi's got the hots for him

C.B.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm not skeptical at all, i just love to see pics of the pro's working out. it's amazing to watch the weights they move.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Oh, SGFuryZ you don't have to give your left nut for his physique, You just need plenty of gear and HGH.. He's a pro, but his body isn't impressive, thats why he places where he does.. You and I both know this bro.. I shouldn't of been so negative..

I'm sorry
    monster, you are one hell of a hater.

I hope you use his face for a toilet seat on chest day.. Try not to get any on your weight belt bro!!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.. Ask him how it feels to be owned by Ronnie, does he expect to win the olympia, this year?? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

What were you guys shrugging, what was the pro shrugging?

I'm sorry I hate that guy though.. Tell us what weights he was using???

LOLLLLLLLLLLL
    Im dieing to hear some poundage too!!!!!!!! come on herc where in the hell are you?????????

what is with all the hate towards him? he has been totally cool with me. why dont you talk **** about arnie, he was totally arogent in pupming iron. no flame but it might help to form an oppinion with first hand info and not to rely on what a friend of a friend says or what you saw in a video clip. i have know him for a couple of weeks now and i have yet to see this side of him. so he acted arrogent in a video who cares. fuk it im done with this thread and aything else to come with this!!

no doubt you are entitled to your opinion i just think that your opinion did not need to be expressed in all your posts. well monster ill give you the weights. keep in mind that he is just getting back into it and we are lifting light ( well light for him maybe). arms- seated dumbell curls with 70s for an easy 12, shoulder press with 80s for an easy 15. i have not yet had to help him. all the lifts seem very easy to him. the crazy part is we only lift for like 50 min. no rest, he goes i go. ill start listing the waits in a week or two when he starts to go heavy. i was keeping up with him only 20 to 30 lbs behind him, some lifts were closer.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya know, I deleted my thread, cause you said you weren't going to reply, and i just wanted you to see that i am not disrespecting you.. I apoligize again.. Keep up the good work, It is defintley a motivating factor to train with a bro with his pro card..

take care

i know that you were not disrespecting me and i take only slight offense but o well life goes on you know... i have been on ar for like 3 years now and this is like the first time we get a glimps into the pro world of body building and i think that i should share all the info with the fellow bros and sis's. i just wanted to keep this a positive thread. it tells alot about him, im sure he could have had a number of partners willing to work out with him, and he choose me, a nobody in the world of bodybuilding. he is sharing alot with me and i would like to continue to share this with everyone here.

coldstone - he told me that you should look down at the groound when shrugging. im sure some of you knew this but i didnt. it allows for a longer range of movement, man my traps have never been so sore.

chest day is monday.....ill fill you all in later.

i know that you were not disrespecting me and i take only slight offense but o well life goes on you know... i have been on ar for like 3 years now and this is like the first time we get a glimps into the pro world of body building and i think that i should share all the info with the fellow bros and sis's. i just wanted to keep this a positive thread. it tells alot about him, im sure he could have had a number of partners willing to work out with him, and he choose me, a nobody in the world of bodybuilding. he is sharing alot with me and i would like to continue to share this with everyone here.

coldstone - he told me that you should look down at the groound when shrugging. im sure some of you knew this but i didnt. it allows for a longer range of movement, man my traps have never been so sore.

this is very true...i bet no other board has this type of untapped resource...

Thanks for the tips on shruging..i havent been doing that and my traps ae stuck in a ryt so hope fully this will help...

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I cleaned it up bro, enjoy your workouts.. I hope you own his ass though!!!!!!!!!

jerm is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    this is very true...i bet no other board has this type of untapped resource...

Thanks for the tips on shruging..i havent been doing that and my traps ae stuck in a ryt so hope fully this will help...

I saw you two guys at the gym and took a pic You guys look freaking huge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shawn ray kicked my ass!!!!-gorillaweight.jpg  

Da Bull is offline Banned
    well bros,

he said it was cool to post the worjouts cause they always change. Keep in mind that these workouts are only a warm up to him. hes trying to get over intitial soreness. he said i should be ready for hell in a couple of weeks.

shoulders
    dumbell press
    dumbell flys
    dunbell shrugs
    upright row

4 sets each 15, 12, 12, 10

arms
    tris
    pulldowns
    scullcrushers
    standing dumbell behind the head (single handed)
    bis
    seated dumbell curls
    cable one arm curls
    standing preacher

same sets and reps. ecept he made me do 15 reps for for all the cable sets.
    he worked me like a dog!! never felt pumps and burns like this before. this is probobly the best thing ever to happen to me. we start over on monday with chest....ill fill you all in from there.
    Were you screaming like in your avatar?...lol

Da Bull is offline Banned

I'm happy for you bro...please keep us filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Were you screaming like in your avatar?...lol

to tell ya the truth....i was. we did a bi lift that i have lever done before and it tore me up pretty good. standing preachers with the bench turned around so your arms just hang straight down. huge range of movement with an incredible strech. i was hurting after that. thankfully it was the last lift. and on single arm cable curls, we were supposed to go 15 12 12 12. shawn went 15 12 12 12 12. he made me go 15,15,15,15, and i upped the weight 10 lbs each time starting at 3o because i wasnt lifting heavy enough. he is a great motivater. sorry for spelling im hi. another thing is we each count out each others reps. it is wierd at first but once you stop counting in your head you get to focus 100 % of you mental power on the lift. it was quite a different feeling. FYI he doesnt take a sip of water the whole time. that was wierd.

to tell ya the truth....i was. we did a bi lift that i have lever done before and it tore me up pretty good. standing preachers with the bench turned around so your arms just hang straight down. huge range of movement with an incredible strech. i was hurting after that. thankfully it was the last lift. and on single arm cable curls, we were supposed to go 15 12 12 12. shawn went 15 12 12 12 12. he made me go 15,15,15,15, and i upped the weight 10 lbs each time starting at 3o because i wasnt lifting heavy enough. he is a great motivater. sorry for spelling im hi. another thing is we each count out each others reps. it is wierd at first but once you stop counting in your head you get to focus 100 % of you mental power on the lift. it was quite a different feeling. FYI he doesnt take a sip of water the whole time. that was wierd.
    i loved it when i HAD a training partner and he would count out the reps...its like you automatically go into tunnel vision and all you hear are numbers andall you see is the bar moving...FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! i need a partner....anyways...no water...wtf i would die

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Herc what kind of weight are you woking with. I just changed my routine around and it looks similar to what you did exept I train shoulders with pecs and arms all at once ( I love the arm pump, close to 19"). I also started to do lighter weight with more emphesis on total contraction through the range of motion and using more machines as I can feel the resistance better. I'd love to hear some of his training principles. You are one fotunate SOB learning from a true pro with years of experience.

i would say average strength.... bech 315 x3 squat 435x3 curl 100x10 my deadlift sucks i dont go heavy just stick around 225-250x12 havnt done any heavy military last time was bumbell press 80's x8 as for prinicples he doesnt mind momentum wich i though was interesting. but he keeps very strict form, and reminds me to also. you seen the reps and types of lifts listed above, and he says e always changes his workout.

Symian is offline Member
    i would say average strength.... bech 315 x3 squat 435x3 curl 100x10 my deadlift sucks i dont go heavy just stick around 225-250x12 havnt done any heavy military last time was bumbell press 80's x8 as for prinicples he doesnt mind momentum wich i though was interesting. but he keeps very strict form, and reminds me to also. you seen the reps and types of lifts listed above, and he says e always changes his workout.

That's so FREAKIN cool, bro!!! It's like you're getting multiple training sessions with a competing pro for FREE. I'd kill for that!

Sym

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    dang hercule... I love reading this stuff.. your one lucky bro. Did ya sneak in my leg routine yet?

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    Herc. Bro don't stop posting on this. **** this is a great experiance for you as well as us being able to get some inside info. on set and reps along with exercises. I am sure that Shawn has to deal with allot of crap and that is why some people think he is arrogant. I am sure he is a stand up guy. You are one lucky son of a gun. Hell I would be pump up more than ever before if Shawn wanted to workout with me. The fact that he asked you and not someone else has to show that he has respect for ya bro. Be proud of that!!!!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Thats so cool bro! I wish i could just see a pro train and you get to train with one of the best ever! Dont blow this!

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    He is a pretty solid guy, I have met him a few times. And don't anyone tell me that if they looked that good that they wouldn't be a little arogant too. He actually dated a friend of mine for a little before he got hooked up with his current wife that is.

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    dang hercule... I love reading this stuff.. your one lucky bro. Did ya sneak in my leg routine yet?

i will slip it to him on monday. he is still warming up and not lifting to crazy yet. but i would like to see what he says, the workout you sent me looks nutz. but i will let him check it out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information