Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    someday's Avatar
    someday is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    671

    Why are we bannin all the youngins.

    I cant say i agree with us banning all the members under 18. This site has allot more to contribute than steroid knowledge. It also has one hell of a training and diet section as well as the photo sections that allow people allot of support in thier efforts. Before we start banning all the people under 18 maybe we could tihnk of somehow just limiting thier ability to enter the steroid forum just like PT does with the female forum.

  2. #2
    Devourer's Avatar
    Devourer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    darkness
    Posts
    1,564
    there would probably spill over from the steroid forum...so they would have to block them from everywhere. but cant they still see the site when they arent members?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,216
    When they are banned does it keep their IP address from viewing the forum? Or just from posting?

  4. #4
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    Because they need to be studying..putting forth an effort in school...working an after-school job..not jackassing around on AR!

  5. #5
    the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Location
    up an ass
    Posts
    15,715
    I cant say i agree with us banning all the members under 18
    thanks for ur opinion, when ur running the board, you can have a little more say in it

  6. #6
    Mart651's Avatar
    Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    chatt
    Posts
    3,142
    **** J, Thats a little harsh but thanks for letting us play. Your decission was probably the correct one in this sittuation but we all came here for the same reason. Hoss screwed it up and everyone knows that. I do think some although very few will suffer because of his immaturity.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Original Jason
    thanks for ur opinion, when ur running the board, you can have a little more say in it

  7. #7
    TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    306
    BamaSlamma, come on man...they should be studying? Should we ban everyone in College and University too? or all those guys with part time jobs?? haha, just jokin bro......i agree its shi tty that the young guys got banned...i feel sorry for them.....gotta respect the MODs decision, though.

  8. #8
    monster.'s Avatar
    monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    DETROIT ZOO
    Posts
    2,217
    To my understanding, they can still use the board for a reference, but they cannot post.. I'm sure ultimately the decision was based on protecting the board and the members.. If they're not part-timers, they'll be back..
    Last edited by monster.; 03-02-2004 at 01:35 PM.

  9. #9
    Vidooch's Avatar
    Vidooch is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by someday
    I cant say i agree with us banning all the members under 18. This site has allot more to contribute than steroid knowledge. It also has one hell of a training and diet section as well as the photo sections that allow people allot of support in thier efforts. Before we start banning all the people under 18 maybe we could tihnk of somehow just limiting thier ability to enter the steroid forum just like PT does with the female forum.
    i actually have to say someday's suggestion doesnt sound like such a bad idea to me

  10. #10
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Wherever necessary
    Posts
    8,159
    reality check - because we dont want some pissed off parent sending the federales over to jasons office to find out why their innocent little snukums had those evil steroids in his room and THIS is the place that encouraged him to do it!!!! THATS WHY

  11. #11
    DF2003's Avatar
    DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,699

    toj & cycl

    did anyone else feel the ground shake? j/k i understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    reality check - because we dont want some pissed off parent sending the federales over to jasons office to find out why their innocent little snukums had those evil steroids in his room and THIS is the place that encouraged him to do it!!!! THATS WHY

  12. #12
    Terinox's Avatar
    Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,013
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    reality check - because we dont want some pissed off parent sending the federales over to jasons office to find out why their innocent little snukums had those evil steroids in his room and THIS is the place that encouraged him to do it!!!! THATS WHY
    Yeah but how can you be certain? I mean, they can easily lie about their age. Even through IP address you can't tell how a person is. I don't see how this solves the problem.

  13. #13
    Mr. Death's Avatar
    Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Yeah but how can you be certain? I mean, they can easily lie about their age. Even through IP address you can't tell how a person is. I don't see how this solves the problem.
    Yeah, I'm confused. How do you verify that someone is of age?

  14. #14
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    Well when someone brags about how young they are and makes himself noticed, then its a pretty good guess he's a liability. We can't get them all, but we can get the ones who constantly talk about how young they are.

  15. #15
    50%Natural's Avatar
    50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    4,132
    It was best said that the youngins can use this board as a reference, but not post. We hold no liability on what they look at, but we can sure stop them from posting. Next thing you know, Jason's gettin his ass sued off because some dumb ass 16yr old got a pm from a scammer and the kid looses the funds so in this Law Suit happy country of ours, you can only guess the problems that insue. It sucks for the guys, but they can still read. It really isn't so bad.

  16. #16
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Wherever necessary
    Posts
    8,159
    We dont know all of them - but for sure we try to find out - because I am much more concerned with some 16 yo actually getting his juice and then the parents finding it, his dad being a judge, etc and again, not an issue that AR needs -

    They are welcome on the other board that jason is setting up that is fitness based (no juice) and sponsored by all sports

  17. #17
    DNoMac's Avatar
    DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,744
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Well when someone brags about how young they are and makes himself noticed, then its a pretty good guess he's a liability. We can't get them all, but we can get the ones who constantly talk about how young they are.
    Those are the ones who are the biggest risk factor, the loudmouths the draw attention. Also, I use AR mostly as a diet and workout reference, as well as a place to pick up chicks I don't think everybodies here for the steroid forums, but it's def better safe then sorry.

  18. #18
    samoth's Avatar
    samoth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Kadath
    Posts
    678
    This is a private board. The owners and administrators can do what they wish.

    If you don't agree with the decisions, you can either stay here and deal with it, or you can move on.

    There really is no issue whatsoever to argue.

    End of story.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,896
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    Those are the ones who are the biggest risk factor, the loudmouths the draw attention.
    Loudmouth and careless kids are a big risk, but any minor on here is a risk... just imagine this scenario...

    15 year old comes on board, lies about his age
    15 year old gets a ton of good cycle advice and prints it
    15 year old manages to get a source and orders stuff
    Dad finds 15 year olds stuff, finds printouts, looks at computer, logs onto AR...
    At this point if dad decides that his son turning into a junky is our fault and wants to make trouble with the law or medias, AR and ASN are up the creek...

    If the cops decide to subpoena the AR databases and thru reading the board they find out the AR folks KNEW the kid was a minor and they allowed him to stay what kind of defence do you think this board would have?

    I think it is a shame the kids have to go, I liked 'em... but lets be honest here... as a dad if I found out my kid was into something not kosher and was being coached into how to do it (or even allowed to "watch on the sidelines")by adults who KNEW he's a kid, there would be hell to pay.

    Just my 2 pesos worth...

    Red

  20. #20
    Xavier_4446's Avatar
    Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Well when someone brags about how young they are and makes himself noticed, then its a pretty good guess he's a liability. We can't get them all, but we can get the ones who constantly talk about how young they are.
    Yeah I caught that thread. I think that youngins under 18 can do enough research on diet and supplementation just by viewing the board and not registering. I think it is a good ideal to just wait til their 18 to let them start asking questions.

  21. #21
    DNoMac's Avatar
    DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Loudmouth and careless kids are a big risk, but any minor on here is a risk... just imagine this scenario...

    15 year old comes on board, lies about his age
    15 year old gets a ton of good cycle advice and prints it
    15 year old manages to get a source and orders stuff
    Dad finds 15 year olds stuff, finds printouts, looks at computer, logs onto AR...
    At this point if dad decides that his son turning into a junky is our fault and wants to make trouble with the law or medias, AR and ASN are up the creek...

    If the cops decide to subpoena the AR databases and thru reading the board they find out the AR folks KNEW the kid was a minor and they allowed him to stay what kind of defence do you think this board would have?

    I think it is a shame the kids have to go, I liked 'em... but lets be honest here... as a dad if I found out my kid was into something not kosher and was being coached into how to do it (or even allowed to "watch on the sidelines")by adults who KNEW he's a kid, there would be hell to pay.

    Just my 2 pesos worth...

    Red
    I agree. My dad would raise hell too if I was underage and getting guidelines to use illegal substances.

    People are questioning this decision because it can't completely be enforced. I was just agreeing with bdtr that they can't get all of them, but they can get the obvious one's who are the biggest threat. Some people may not agree with banning the underagers, but you have to see it from the mods point of view who are liable for this site.

  22. #22
    TheGame826's Avatar
    TheGame826 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    We dont know all of them - but for sure we try to find out - because I am much more concerned with some 16 yo actually getting his juice and then the parents finding it, his dad being a judge, etc and again, not an issue that AR needs -

    They are welcome on the other board that jason is setting up that is fitness based (no juice) and sponsored by all sports
    Sad to see the kiddies go....
    On the new board that Jason is setting up, Will our Logon names be accepted there or are we going to have to register again on the new boards?

  23. #23
    Terinox's Avatar
    Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,013
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    We dont know all of them - but for sure we try to find out - because I am much more concerned with some 16 yo actually getting his juice and then the parents finding it, his dad being a judge, etc and again, not an issue that AR needs -

    They are welcome on the other board that jason is setting up that is fitness based (no juice) and sponsored by all sports
    That's a good idea. I wish there was a way to verify age. Hell, you could have members scan in their ID and email it to the administrator

  24. #24
    tryingtogetbig's Avatar
    tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    NW of DFW TX
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    That's a good idea. I wish there was a way to verify age. Hell, you could have members scan in their ID and email it to the administrator
    GREAT idea!! Everyone, scan your ID and PM it to Jason!!!

    Just to be safe, we better cc cycleon, pheedno and bouncer on the PM!

    Hey, that's only about 20k pm's!!!

  25. #25
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    16,350
    Red is such a hard a$$.............

    but very true..................


    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Loudmouth and careless kids are a big risk, but any minor on here is a risk... just imagine this scenario...

    15 year old comes on board, lies about his age
    15 year old gets a ton of good cycle advice and prints it
    15 year old manages to get a source and orders stuff
    Dad finds 15 year olds stuff, finds printouts, looks at computer, logs onto AR...
    At this point if dad decides that his son turning into a junky is our fault and wants to make trouble with the law or medias, AR and ASN are up the creek...

    If the cops decide to subpoena the AR databases and thru reading the board they find out the AR folks KNEW the kid was a minor and they allowed him to stay what kind of defence do you think this board would have?

    I think it is a shame the kids have to go, I liked 'em... but lets be honest here... as a dad if I found out my kid was into something not kosher and was being coached into how to do it (or even allowed to "watch on the sidelines")by adults who KNEW he's a kid, there would be hell to pay.

    Just my 2 pesos worth...

    Red
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

    Why the Police will Kick your ass

  26. #26
    bermich's Avatar
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,808
    It would be funny if Hoss was really 19 and just lied about his age to get attention and ended up getting banned for it. At least funny to me...

  27. #27
    mass junkie's Avatar
    mass junkie is offline banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    on the net
    Posts
    8,849
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    It would be funny if Hoss was really 19 and just lied about his age to get attention and ended up getting banned for it. At least funny to me...
    That actually made me laugh......

  28. #28
    mr.lean is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    50
    19 is fine tho its 17 and younger lol

  29. #29
    bigbouncinballs's Avatar
    bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Your mom's
    Posts
    1,797
    i thought you said "bangin' the young uns"...

  30. #30
    50%Natural's Avatar
    50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    It would be funny if Hoss was really 19 and just lied about his age to get attention and ended up getting banned for it. At least funny to me...
    lmfao

  31. #31
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quit bumping old threads!!!

  32. #32
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    reality check - because we dont want some pissed off parent sending the federales over to jasons office to find out why their innocent little snukums had those evil steroids in his room and THIS is the place that encouraged him to do it!!!! THATS WHY
    exactly, it only takes one kid to phuck it up for us all...

  33. #33
    palequail's Avatar
    palequail is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The OC aka Tits and Ass!!
    Posts
    1,713
    I also thought we were banging young ones...like partyboy!!!

  34. #34
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    I also thought we were banging young ones...like partyboy!!!

    thats a typo.....right?

  35. #35
    HiFi's Avatar
    HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    331
    i thought this is why they made a non steroid board, i forgot the site.. only problem with that is.. probably the guys on here wont go over there, so that site wont have as great advice, even for natural bodybuilding techniques.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •