Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Let me make sure I state myself clearly on this...if you read all my posts you'll see everything I said.

I'm not a sorry fuker that thinks just going out and killing something for the fun of it is cool....but I truly doubt that lion was an endangered species of some sort. ANY animal that is protected and near extinction should NEVER be hunted....whether for trophy or food. The way that lion died was not the proper way to kill an animal....whether for trophy or food. It should have been killed in one shot...but it didn't happen. Quite frequently at the packing plants cattle are not killed the first time either with the rod gun...they suffer for many minutes before they bleed to death....yet we all still eat the meat. Think about that as you feed yourself another steak or hamburger.

The way the post started about people killing other animals, and the mention of game animals, was why I went where I did. To say that a human should loose their life for doing a sport that is completely legal is absurd. Not condoning those that found something wrong with the video...I was just trying to cut off a slant of the thread that I thought was going to start. We've had that arguement and beaten that horse to death...and NO...I don't condone beating horses to death in real life either.

Another thing I find funny is how many of you post in other threads "if it doesn't affect me in any way....then why would I care?" If you aren't sure what I am talking about....check out the "gay marriage" thread for starters. How does this guy killing a lion directly affect any of you?

And regarding the issue of animal shelters....I wasn't comparing the the 2 together. We were discussing the "useless" loss of animal life. I shared what to me is something I find disturbing in the world regarding such....and it goes on everyday. Yet people will bash somebody else for hunting an animal for food...yet let their cat out to roam the neighborhood....and then call the killing that goes on in shelters "necessary"...(whether it be injeciton or gun it is still killing). I guess that helps them sleep better at night as they let their cat out.

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 03-03-2004 at 02:26 PM.

Vice is offline Associate Member
    **** Hunters. "Yeah look what i shot and killed"

I'd so love to tie and bound a hunter and beat the living **** out of them and then let a lion go at em.

Die hunters.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Good post by CYC shedding some insight on hunting. Also by TTGB. Im not happy with seeing the video but we do type "what doesnt affect me...."
    It sucks to see an awesome creature like that get shot down. Needless to say, it appeared that these guys were the best of hunters and one shot should take the animal down. Ive never hunted but I know some true hunters and I stand by their philsophy. "If you cant kill it with an arrow, you shouldnt be hunting" Basically, killing something with a long range scope and a gun isnt all that tough. Sure tracking it down for days and being patient is the sport of it, but using a gun doesnt seem like much sport. Try using a crossbow or bow. That against a lion I would say was fair.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Good post by CYC shedding some insight on hunting. Also by TTGB. Im not happy with seeing the video but we do type "what doesnt affect me...."
    It sucks to see an awesome creature like that get shot down. Needless to say, it appeared that these guys were the best of hunters and one shot should take the animal down. Ive never hunted but I know some true hunters and I stand by their philsophy. "If you cant kill it with an arrow, you shouldnt be hunting" Basically, killing something with a long range scope and a gun isnt all that tough. Sure tracking it down for days and being patient is the sport of it, but using a gun doesnt seem like much sport. Try using a crossbow or bow. That against a lion I would say was fair.
    Very good point berm. The only problem I have with bow hunting is the time it takes the animal to die form the time it is shot. The "rule of thumb" among bow hunters is to wait for 30 minutes before going and finding the animal. The "sport" of the hunt is definitely more of a challenge...something many of my friends are into and something I will probably pursue one of these days...but the animal does suffer longer once it is shot.

Long rifles and scopes have become very advanced. But, in all actuality the number of wild animals killed today is significantly less than say 50 years ago. But, with better technology in weaponry, a hunter is able to more precisely shoot their weapon. A more precise weapon leads to a quicker and cleaner kill. Far fewer animals running off into the woods with their guts hanging out because they were gut shot. Sorry for the graphics...but I wanted to share a different view with you.

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 03-03-2004 at 02:29 PM.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    btw - what I would like a chance at is a nile crock - its not a big 5 but I have seen one that is 18' and that is some big scary stuff

frankly, what is badder still are the alaskan brown bears - you go hunt one of those and come back and you have done something - this one is 11' tall and the skull alone is 2'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone seen this-bear.gif  

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO that was horrible!!

OG

An Alaskan bear hunt would be pretty neat....very challenging. Survival of the fittest when hunting in Alaska.

The only thing I hunt that likes water are ducks....no croc hunting for me.

I wonder how many people know what "big 5" you are referring to?

peace,

ttgb

you people are the silliest hypocrits I have ever seen - unless you are vegetarian - animals die every day for no more reason than to feed mcdonald burgers to corpulant asses - nor do you have any idea what most regulated hunting does - Ill give you little bleeding heart greenies a good example - in an area in pennsylvania I believe it was, the do gooders succeeded in banning deer hunting because it is so cruel to the cute fuzzy deer, etc. - Now after about 5 years with no hunting, no natural predators (well, we couldnt exactly allow those now could we?) the population explodes and deer are dying of desease and increadibly, even starvation in a lot of areas - so what did they do? they reinstituted hunting - limited by permit so that they culled X many per year, so many does allowed, so many bucks -a dn walla! within 3 years the dear were healthy again - so please people, have some idea of what you are talking about before you blather on about things as you stuff your face with another cow, pig or chicken

btw - I DO NOT support wanton shooting - ie some fool just riding down the road firing at anmals for the heck of it - my rule has also always been if you kill it you eat it - in so far as was possible

I'm really not throwing any jabs here at anyone...but all of this kind of reminds me of watching a movie with my wife. 100 people will get killed in the movie and she won't even blink an eye....but as soon as the dog dies she starts boo-hooing....I don't get it. Women are a strange species!

TheOak182 is offline Associate Member
    That Was Awesome!!!!!!!

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    like cyc said.. hunting pays for many animals survival.. and hunting is also used to control animal populations. Each year the government will asses the animals stock and calculate how many animals can be killed. Otherwise many animals would get over popualted to the point where that entire population would be at risk because of competition for food would be too high. So there would be too many animals (of that species) that can be supoported on the food supply available.

Hunting also controls animal populations from becomming to large that they are killed on highways and/or moving into urban areas.

the above applies for ALOT of animal species especially in North America.

As for big game exotic animals? Unless it on a farm and the money is used to suport natuarl populations its deffinitly wrong.

Vidooch is offline Associate Member
    wow that sh*t was scary as hell

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i dont hunt myself. i LOVE animals.but every year i get my deer tags and give them to a friend that hunts in trade for the deer he shoots. i love deer.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    There are too many people.... maybe we should start selling tags do start hunting humans........ Makes the same sence to me....... Hunting for food is one thing but hunting for trophy is another.

There are too many people.... maybe we should start selling tags to start hunting humans........ Makes the same sence to me....... Hunting for food is one thing but hunting for trophy is another.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    There are too many people.... maybe we should start selling tags to start hunting humans........ Makes the same sence to me....... Hunting for food is one thing but hunting for trophy is another.
    a quote so good it needed to be posted twice. Why not just round up all the homeless and pay to hunt them? Why not give them guns too? If you want to hunt an animal, bring yourself down to its level. That's at the very most a bow and arrow, with a knife/sword/spear as your close range backup.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    a quote so good it needed to be posted twice. Why not just round up all the homeless and pay to hunt them? Why not give them guns too? If you want to hunt an animal, bring yourself down to its level. That's at the very most a bow and arrow, with a knife/sword/spear as your close range backup.
    wasnt this a Van Damme movie already?

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    wasnt this a Van Damme movie already?
    Surviving The Game ...with Rutger Hauer and Ice T.....a very good movie!!!

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    you people are the silliest hypocrits I have ever seen - so please people, have some idea of what you are talking about before you blather on about things as you stuff your face with another cow, pig or chicken
    Speak for yourself, I'll let you know when i eat lion meat at mcdonalds? I see where you are going with this.. The food we buy at the grocery store, and controling population of a 'said' species in pennslyvania, has nothing to do with a game hunter, that almost got his head taken off, by the lion he was trying to kill.. I would of paid to see all of those bozos get decapitated, then the baby lions could feast.. Cycleon, you made me chuckle when you said that the guy "at least held his ground" I'd rather say he stood there motionless, cause he was weak, and he saw his whole life flash in front of him... LOLLLLLLLL

Please, if it was a necessity to go out and kill dinner each day, i would, but there isn't.. There is nothing impressive about big game hunting, It's just another way to spend money.. I am by no means knocking hunters, there are obvious reasons, i'll agree with you on that...

Game hunting is pathetic though, kill a animal for a trophy, and to brag you did it.. That's not necessary at all..
    Last edited by monster.; 03-04-2004 at 07:57 AM.

I think you guys who are against hunting....watched that movie "POWDER" one to many times.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I think you guys who are against hunting....watched that movie "POWDER" one to many times.
    I remember it, but never saw it, Thats about that guy thats all white and bald... kinda like you'll be in 5 years!!!!!

ROTFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    I remember it, but never saw it, Thats about that guy thats all white and bald... kinda like you'll be in 5 years!!!!!

ROTFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

j/k
    hahaha....ass wipe

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    sniff sniff....POWDER??? sniff sniff....WHAT POWDER???!!! sniff sniff... **** I FEELING LIKE PAINTING MY HOUSE TONIGHT!!!! ...POWDER????
    >>>powder comments coming from the Big Little man from Miami! Powder town, USA!

I'm for hunting when it comes to dear etc, stuff that needs to be monitored, hell in Norther NJ they have black bears walking through housing developments. GRanted that's because we really don't have enough million dollar homes! And I'm the 1st one in line for the venican also! Kill it and eat it! As far as the video goes....i was rooting for the lion! 4 on 1??? comeon man... I may sound hypocritical and I'm sorry but that's me.

SID

I'm not against hunting at all as long as it's for food, survival........... And yes I did see Powder what about it

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lxorl
    yeah i wish the lion had gotten them. it also looked like they were not hunting in the wild, but more on one of those ranches.
    Yep...closed reserve, it appears to be. It isnt liek they were going to eat the lion! If there was a mauling..it would have made my day!

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    Ok I have to add my .02. Allot of people here have grown up in different ways of life. I for one have grown up in upper NY. Hunting for my family and me was a way of life. I hunt just about everything. But keep in mind. What I kill I eat and when I kill it it dies quick and with one shot. I Bow hunt as well. I have NEVER had to wait 30 min after killing the animal. It is called practice. I practice at a range of 50 yards but will shoot at nothing over 30 yards. I do not care for canned hunts at all. Just can't see the since in kicking an animal out of a cage and shooting it. To me the lion was a canned hunt. I too was hoping he would have taken the guy out. It pisses me off when people don't take there time and practice enough to make the animals death quick. I have seen it time and time again and got into many peoples faces over it. They will shoot at something and spend 2 hours tracking it. Just pisses me off. Don't have a good shot???..... Don’t take it and let the animal live till you can get a better one. Nothing like letting one go and knowing he beat you at his game. Have to give him credit. But that is called responsible hunting.

I have a friend that works at a meatpacking place. He has told me that when the cows come of the truck they cut its throat and allow it to walk around till it dies from lack of blood. So tell he how that is more humane than shooting an animal

Cycloen check out the picure of this bear. This guy works with my mother-in-law. Shot it last year...yes he back packed the meat out and ate it.

sumbiatch.....that's cool....

Quote Originally Posted by TPAK
    Cycloen check out the picure of this bear. This guy works with my mother-in-law. Shot it last year...yes he back packed the meat out and ate it.
    is that a kodiak? or just one big azz grizzly?

is that a kodiak? or just one big azz grizzly?
    Kodiak if I remember correctly. Been awhile. One big a ss bear though..I would love to go and hunt one with a bow.

[QUOTE=ripsid]

And I'm the 1st one in line for the venican also!

Bro your welcome at my house for a cookout anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by TPAK
    Kodiak if I remember correctly. Been awhile. One big a ss bear though..I would love to go and hunt one with a bow.
    I think I would stay with deer when it comes to using a bow....im as adventerous as the next guy but I think Robin Hood would even have a hard time with that big beeatch........I hear the only way to get away from bears is to run down hill

I think I would stay with deer when it comes to using a bow....im as adventerous as the next guy but I think Robin Hood would even have a hard time with that big beeatch........I hear the only way to get away from bears is to run down hill

That reminds me of that story....."You don't have to outrun the bear...just run faster than the guy that's with you!"

that is a total false hood bro.....they will run your ass down no matter what. My friend gets a black bear every year with his bow. I am going to go one of these times. not sure if I really care for the meat so that is keeping me from going.

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    That reminds me of that story....."You don't have to outrun the bear...just run faster than the guy that's with you!"
    ROFLMAO

yeah...I haven't ever tried bear....don't know if I would like it or not....and that's a whole lot of meat to have in the freezer and not like it....

yeah...I haven't ever tried bear....don't know if I would like it or not....and that's a whole lot of meat to have in the freezer and not like it....
    Agreed

Exactly why I haven't gone yet.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I happen to be a hunter and I think it does the enviroment good to keep certain poulations of animals in control. However, I don't shoot anyhting I don't eat, I don't shoot unless I have a clean shot (I hate for any animal to suffer) and I don't poach. I hate poachers....I run across them now and then....generally they come back to four flat tires and a tank full of sugar (yes I keep a 5 lb bag in my truck for just such purposes). I don't use dogs and I don't hunt out of stands. I learned how to track and was raised to leave no trace of my being in the forest once I'm gone. I pay for permits, taxes and I donate to orginizations that help animals. And CYC is correct, those hunting farms do actually help.

But I sure wished that Lion had gotten a hold of that one guy. For real sport I say you only get to hunt such a beast with a black powder gun or a knife.......that's giving the animal a sporting chance....could you picture that guy with a black powder gun trying to reload it before the lion got to him.

I'm pretty sure I'd have stood my ground.....but I'd have **** myself for sure. hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    I happen to be a hunter and I think it does the enviroment good to keep certain poulations of animals in control. However, I don't shoot anyhting I don't eat, I don't shoot unless I have a clean shot (I hate for any animal to suffer) and I don't poach. I hate poachers....I run across them now and then....generally they come back to four flat tires and a tank full of sugar (yes I keep a 5 lb bag in my truck for just such purposes). I don't use dogs and I don't hunt out of stands. I learned how to track and was raised to leave no trace of my being in the forest once I'm gone. I pay for permits, taxes and I donate to orginizations that help animals. And CYC is correct, those hunting farms do actually help.

But I sure wished that Lion had gotten a hold of that one guy. For real sport I say you only get to hunt such a beast with a black powder gun or a knife.......that's giving the animal a sporting chance....could you picture that guy with a black powder gun trying to reload it before the lion got to him.

I'm pretty sure I'd have stood my ground.....but I'd have **** myself for sure. hahahaha
    nice post Jugg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information