redrock is offline Member

Arrow Definitions for today's PSYCHOBABBLE

Affirmative Action—Reverse racism

Affordable Health Care for everybody—low quality, government-issued health care for everybody

Arms Control—Unilaterally disarming the United States

Climate Change—Pseudo-science used to justify the anti-technological movement

Civil Union—A gay marriage, masquerading under a less-offensive name

Diversity—Ensuring the presence of people from various ethnic and social backgrounds for the purpose of making white liberals feel good about themselves.

Family Planning—Family prevention; or, killing your babies before they’re born

Gun Safety—Gun control

Hateful- Highly accurate

Human Rights—Gay rights, especially gay marriage

Mean Spirited- Irrefutable

New Low- Ouch, that hurt

Planned Parenthood—Abortuary

Populism—Getting a wealthy, white politician to campaign on the idea that wealthy white men are the source of America’s problems.

Progressive—Similar to “liberal,” but sounds more practical and less negative.

Racism—When caucasians discriminate against people from other ethnic backgrounds

Tax Justice—A graduated income tax system that penalizes the wealthy and allows the middle class to escape virtually unscathed

Tolerance—Believing that traditional values have no moral superiority over contemporary values

Unilateral—Doing anything without the consent of France, Germany, Russia, or China. Only acceptable when referring to disarmament.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    those are pretty funny!!!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    darn - I would make this a sticky if anyone would read it then!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i read it.... sticky
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    read it- twice

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redrock

Affordable Health Care for everybody—low quality, government-issued health care for everybody

Arms Control—Unilaterally disarming the United States

Climate Change—Pseudo-science used to justify the anti-technological movement

Civil Union—A gay marriage, masquerading under a less-offensive name

Diversity—Ensuring the presence of people from various ethnic and social backgrounds for the purpose of making white liberals feel good about themselves.

Family Planning—Family prevention; or, killing your babies before they’re born

Gun Safety—Gun control

Hateful- Highly accurate

Human Rights—Gay rights, especially gay marriage

Mean Spirited- Irrefutable

New Low- Ouch, that hurt

Planned Parenthood—Abortuary

Populism—Getting a wealthy, white politician to campaign on the idea that wealthy white men are the source of America’s problems.

Progressive—Similar to “liberal,” but sounds more practical and less negative.

Racism—When caucasians discriminate against people from other ethnic backgrounds

Tax Justice—A graduated income tax system that penalizes the wealthy and allows the middle class to escape virtually unscathed

Tolerance—Believing that traditional values have no moral superiority over contemporary values

Unilateral—Doing anything without the consent of France, Germany, Russia, or China. Only acceptable when referring to disarmament.

Great post Bro

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    more true than funny

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    more true than funny
    My thoughts exactly....

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Awesome Bro !!!!!!!!!

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=redrock]Affirmative Action—Reverse racism

This is flat out wrong. First everyone making under $100,000 is hit with 15% (with employer share) payroll tax. It goes away after that. So a guy making $500,000 is only paying 3%. So that next $400,000 even if taxed at 32% is taxed at a 35% effective rate vs the middle class guy who's paying 42 % (27% + 15 %) on the income he makes between $57,000 and $100,000. The rich guy keeps $272,00 While the middle class guy gets $27,000. The system is actually regressive.The argument tha excludes payroll taxes as not income taxes is bullsh*t. With talk of decreasing benefits, the govt. is paying that money out today to finance it's operations and still building a massive deficit. Call me a liberal and other names if you will but address my issues as well.
    Last edited by markas214; 03-05-2004 at 09:34 PM.

redrock is offline Member
    [QUOTE=markas214]
    Quote Originally Posted by redrock

This is flat out wrong. First everyone making under $100,000 is hit with 15% (with employer share) payroll tax. It goes away after that. So a guy making $500,000 is only paying 3%. So that next $400,000 even if taxed at 32% is taxed at a 35% effective rate vs the middle class guy who's paying 42 % (27% + 15 %) on the income he makes between $57,000 and $100,000. The rich guy keeps $272,00 While the middle class guy gets $27,000. The system is actually regressive.The argument tha excludes payroll taxes as not income taxes is bullsh*t. With talk of decreasing benefits, the govt. is paying that money out today to finance it's operations and still building a massive deficit. Call me a liberal and other names if you will but address my issues as well.

My parents make roughly 250,000 a year in combined income and thay pay about 39% in taxes in California. That's pretty f*cked up to me! RR

Well I would consider you parents upper middle class, not wealthy. Yes it is ****ed up because they are paying the same as someone making $100 million a year. Your parents are left with $150,000 while the guy with the millions has $61 million left. I say tax him at 65% and he'll still have $35 million left. That's more than enough to buy anything he wants.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    Well I would consider you parents upper middle class, not wealthy. Yes it is ****ed up because they are paying the same as someone making $100 million a year. Your parents are left with $150,000 while the guy with the millions has $61 million left. I say tax him at 65% and he'll still have $35 million left. That's more than enough to buy anything he wants.
    No one makes 100 miliion a year in 'earned income'. That much money is always largely the product of capital gain(s). It is unfair to compare and tax money earned from human labour to money earned from investmest ( ie risk bearing use ) of capital IMO.

The guy with 100 million most certainly winds up with waayyyy more than $61 million......he will not pay anywhere near 39% tax. The tax idea you suggest is not Liberal........its borderline communist.....sounds like something they would do in Sweden or France. It's not about being able to buy anything you want, it's about getting the fair market return on the money you invested....while keeping the house's rake to a minimum.

Not a flame Marcus, just my opinion on the whole income tax thing.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    No one makes 100 miliion a year in 'earned income'. That much money is always largely the product of capital gain(s). It is unfair to compare and tax money earned from human labour to money earned from investmest ( ie risk bearing use ) of capital IMO.

The guy with 100 million most certainly winds up with waayyyy more than $61 million......he will not pay anywhere near 39% tax. The tax idea you suggest is not Liberal........its borderline communist.....sounds like something they would do in Sweden or France. It's not about being able to buy anything you want, it's about getting the fair market return on the money you invested....while keeping the house's rake to a minimum.

Not a flame Marcus, just my opinion on the whole income tax thing.
    OK so income based on labor and sweat deserves to be taxed higher than risk income? You are right. He will pay maybe 15-20% on that income. While the poor slob making minimum wage pays much more when you add payroll rax, sales taxes, state, local, school taxes. In contrast to my cummunist (no offense taken) view the current system is near slavery for those at the bottom. We work them hard and provide just enough compensation for inadequate housing, lousy schools, no health care, etc. Also, did you see the Forbes list. Between the Walmart family, Microsoft founders and Warren Buffet they hold over %200 billion. That's 0.25% of all the wealth in the USA which includes houses, real estate, stocks etc. Seeing they own 1/4 percent of the assets I would say they shoul be paying that much as a percentage of all the taxes.

Thread Information