Thread: Alcohol

BigPete is offline Associate Member

Alcohol

Will drinking beer altar my gains if I go out once in awhile and show my big gunz off? Just wondering on that one. I know it's really not good for your liver but just wondering if it will altar my gains?

Mike Guest
    it doesnt have an interation specifically with gear - if that is your question then NO - but thereis some interaction with bodybuilding - but if this answers it, alcohol has the same positive and negative effects on cycle as it does off cycle when it comes to training

Kullman is offline Member
    I have a few articles that show how alcohol can hinder muscle gains. Bro if you are going to do a cycle, I'm sure you can go those 8-10 weeks w/ out alcohol. If you can't then don't bother w/ a cycle, make the best of it, it can be a great thing. Off cycle is a different story. Others may disagree, you probably wouldn't notice any of your gains altered though.

Kull

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    OK I think Mike and Kull answered your ? but Alcohol does effect protein Sythensis and that is worth noting especially when your trying to repair and build muscle

Billy

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Excess Alcohol impairs protein synthesis, and slows healing. It will also hamper some of your CNS adaptations(strength) due to excessive GABA enhancement. A few drinks wont kill ya but binge drinkin will hurt u more!

also, just a side point. NSAID's also inhibit protein synthesis so go easy on it while on cycle

Just a question... is this the oldest Bump if a pointless thread? :P

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    You are already taxing your liver with AAS. Why stress it out even more. A beer here and there I do not think is a problem, but over doing it like anything might cause issues.

Eazy20 is offline Member
    I read an article once in some fitness magazine that said brew in moderation is actually good for gains...However, I forgot the reasoning and the exact magazine it was...Next to I go to physical therapy I'll try and find it in the office, but for now, I found this. http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4498270&page=1

Moderation is key.
    Last edited by Eazy20; 03-27-2011 at 11:01 AM.

eyepoker is offline Junior Member
    lol, thread is 10 years old. Good info still.

Thread Information