Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    chris2wire is offline Member

My thoughts on steroid use....

After a year and a half or so of experimenting in steroids I must say, everything weighed in, steroids are a bad choice to make in life.

The only logical reason someone would subject their body to a harmful chemical is because of an addiction. Whether you snort coke or shoot steroids you're doing it to fullfill a subconscious addiction. And if you aren't addicted physically, but still snort coke, then that means you have an addiction to the need for friends and fitting in. Its the same thing, and addiction is an addiction.

When I started using steroids I promised myself I'd be in control, no overuse or overstacking.

After a year and half, I must say I am bigger. Its nice.

But what has it gotten me in life? I got laid the same amount I got laid before.... And as for respect muscles won't get you it. As for sleepiness, acne, and overall bodily harm like hurting natural test production, I had plenty of that.

Is getting laid or getting noticed physically really that important in life that you put your one tue thing in life, your body, at risk?

Theres a much healthier and effective way, I've noticed. And that is by furthering your mind. The most respect I have gotten in the past year and a half, after using steroids, was the fact that I had gotten my act together and did great in school. I got my bachelors, many certifications in things like Linux and Security, etc etc. And the respect from people was overwhelming, something I never recieved from simply gaining muscle.

You may get laid or get checked out when youre muscular, but remember the scrawny guy who pulls up in a Porsche still outweighs you in many other ways. Important ways that matter to people.

Realize I AM NOT putting your guys down. I AM ONE OF YOU. I suffer from low self asteem, whether I admit it or not, and its what drives people to put their body at risk to become better. That need is an addiction, and it doesn't make someone a bad person at all since you don't CHOOSE to use steroids but rather NEED to use steroids. Your emotional well being, from being bigger and stronger, depends on it.

The important thing is to get over this need, and to realize theres so many more ways to gain self respect, and gain more of it than muscle can ever get you.

Bodybuilding shows a wish for a better body. Steroid use shows a need. That is an addiction you can find ways around it. We all want to further ourselves, so find another way you can do it. A way that is legal and safe.

Don't flame me for this. A healthy argument is ok though. I just had to let this out because I feel if more people went through what I did, which was furthering myself in other ways, they'll see first hand that they can satisfy their addiction for respect in much better ways. An addiction is an addiction - They can not be beat, and you'll have them for your whole life. However what matters is how you fullfill them, and the better ways there are to go about doing it.... This especially the need for respect and self asteem.

PSman00 is offline Associate Member
    this is gonna be a nice thread.....bump it

mike2nice is offline Associate Member
    and your question was???

ryan9101 is offline Associate Member
    It was not a question it was a statement, obviously. I think you made some good points. I am now ending my second cycle, and I know that after 16 weeks of greatness, it is going to be so hard to stay off. I believe I am on the path to an addiction, as I am not even done with this cycle and I am already planning out the next one. I have always suffered from somewhat low self esteem myslelf, and when I am on juice I feel like the man, but I will not stop anytime soon. I am going to try my best to stay off until March or so, but it will literatley be very hard and depressing for me. I think that steroids are far more addictive than the average person believes.

you do make a point bro. And if things were as easy as making a convincing argument, then having the world change around you, you would be golden. Fact of the matter is that, this something you have had to experience for yourself to know it is true. It may not be true for every AAS user. And you think that if you read this post a year and a half ago it would have made a difference in your AAS use. I doubt it.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i see a 4 pager coming....

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    No disrespect bro, but most of us dont have self-esteem problems, most of saw Arnie or some bodybuilder and thought, Cool! I want to look like that and started training. It is only after some time of training that you realize that the kind of development you wanted is not possible without the juice.

So we research and try to minimize the side-effects whilst maximising the gains. And most of us are cool with that, but who said you cant get your degree and certificated while being huge and ripped? You get the best of both worlds that way.

Im not attacking you bro, but in my opinion you should'nt blame your psychological problems on the juice, you should deal with them in a positive manner and get your life sorted out..

peace,

[QUOTE=ryan9101]It was not a question it was a statement, obviously.

I was talking to cris2wire.

flyhalf is offline Associate Member
    good point, as i have gotten older i have also gotten fatter and slower. the second love in my life next to my wife and son is rugby. since using steroids i have become faster and stronger than ever. this is what drives me. long live allblacks rugby

Who on here thought that they would only do 1 or 2 cycles but now find themselves on number 4 or 5 and showing no signs of slowing down?? This is where I see myself in the future, as I now have the mindset that I will be inadequate if I slow down now.

i am more addicted to the power of being able to change my body thru alot of hard work, the steroids are a secondary thing... and i too am not even done with my current cycle but i am planning my next one... i don't feel addicted to the juice i feel addicted to the power of positive change to my physique..

[QUOTE=mike2nice]
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9101
    It was not a question it was a statement, obviously.

I was talking to cris2wire.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    i am more addicted to the power of being able to change my body thru alot of hard work, the steroids are a secondary thing... and i too am not even done with my current cycle but i am planning my next one... i don't feel addicted to the juice i feel addicted to the power of positive change to my physique..

Good point, and now I am at the point where I am seeing so much potential it is the thrill to see where I will be a year or so down the road.

I know.
    we are on a "Steroid Question" forum........ I will repeat myself......And your question was????

Who cares if it is a fukin question or not, obviously it has sparked some intrest so leave it alone.

Who cares if it is a fukin question or not, obviously it has sparked some intrest so leave it alone.

in order for this to make it to 4 pages we can't have fighting this early in the thread...

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catlovesfood
    No disrespect bro, but most of us dont have self-esteem problems, most of saw Arnie or some bodybuilder and thought, Cool! I want to look like that and started training. It is only after some time of training that you realize that the kind of development you wanted is not possible without the juice.

So we research and try to minimize the side-effects whilst maximising the gains. And most of us are cool with that, but who said you cant get your degree and certificated while being huge and ripped? You get the best of both worlds that way.

Im not attacking you bro, but in my opinion you should'nt blame your psychological problems on the juice, you should deal with them in a positive manner and get your life sorted out..

peace,
    VERY well put Cat...
    I agree 100%

in order for this to make it to 4 pages we can't have fighting this early in the thread...

No fighting, just making my point clear.

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    depends on why you got started, i myself have lived a pu$$y laiden life indeed, i'm 37 so i didn't do it for respect, and i honestly don't want to be a 250 lb goliath.

in the grand scheme of things (healthwise) aquiring & maintaning muscle mass is a very smart thing for someone to do. its when you take it to extremes that it becomes an addiction. to each his own, i myself have chosen low dose cycles to enhance my appearance not compete in competitions.

thankfully you have rediscovered yourself, as for me i'm doing quite fine thank you and would recommened weight lifting and a smarter diet to any of my friends, provided they have disipline and control over over-indulgance. if they were to choose to enhance those efforts by testosterone i certainly would encourage it.

anything that feels good or gives u good results can become addictive.... it's up to the individual to show some good judgement and restraint...

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member

...imho...

If you have low self-esteem that is no reason to use juice, IMHO. Granted we use it to change our bodies, but not because we have low self esteem. I'll tell you the reason I started to use juice...To get big. I want to compete. In my haste to get big overnight, and being young, 18 to be exact, I jumped the gun and did a cycle that was incomplete and dumb in retrospect. After joining this site and learining about AAS, I felt comfortable enough to execute a proper cycle, eventhough I was still too young. 19 and my second cycle was wonderful. 3rd cycle was right before my birthday and also my last, not because it was bad, it was the best one to date. All gains were retained and recovery wasn't and issue with any of the cycles after the 1st. I should point out that no PCT was used after my first. I was told it was more trouble then it was worth,and being young and stupid, I followed what I was told. Anyway, I'll be 23 here soon, and I haven't done a cycle since what I consider 20. I don't regret anything other then being stuid and not researching them before I took them. However, and this is my point, the reason I haven't done a cycle in damn near 3 years is because I feel that I could have got to where I am, and where I was, as far as weight is concerned naturally. You don't need juice to look good, you need to diet and train and do cardio. AAS and all the other things we use are there to further what cats have taken years to build. AAS is icing on the cake, not a shortcut. It's not a short cut to look good, or build self esteem. These things can only be acomplished one way...determination and perservierance. I think you have more self control issues then you do self esteem isssues. If you say it's going to be hard for you to stay off until March, then by all means you should take a break bro. Perhaps a prolonged one for your own health. Remember these are hormones that are inside your body and you want to treat them with that same respect. Above all else, you and I should say that ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT ADDICTION. Bottom line.

G-13 is offline Member
    We all have our demons that we fight. We have our insecurities and self conscience reasons for playing with the juice monkey all of them selfish. We are our own master's and have to face the consciquences of the truth in our actions whatever they may be, albeit a lesson learned or hard road its still a path of choice, a path of consciquence and for some a path of rightiousness.

Roid Rage is offline Member
    Buddy no offence, but i have to agree with catlovesfood andgoalseeker...

Let me tell you abit about me.

I AM WORKING FULL time 40 hours a week in a factory. I've been studying for hours a day AT HOME to better myself and my job, i have a diploma in computer science, and i'm studying investments and insurance on my OWN time on top of the 40 hours a week. I have already achieved my LLQP (insurance license) and i'm half way done my CSC (canadian securities course). I have a girlfriend which i see for whole days on the weekend and i WORK out 4 days a week. And i TODAY WAS MY LAST DAY AT THAT SHITTY FACTORY!!!! because with all my hard work and studying/furthing myself WHILE working there, RBC (Royal Bank of Canada [#2 stock in Canada]) Has offered me 2 positions, and i can pick which one i want. I have no low self-esteem, i think am doing GREAT, i'm very busy, but i'm managing.

I think you have some issues that you need to deal with, i do not think roids held you back from anything bud.

Anyone can do anything, it all depends on how bad you want it and how hard you are willing to work for it.

RR

sounds like a case of depression. if you were to go and blow your head off, steroids would get ANOTHER black eye.
    what would be missed tho is ANOTHER individual who had issues and seeked to correct them using aas for the wrong damn reason.

Roid Rage is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRICK
    sounds like a case of depression. if you were to go and blow your head off, steroids would get ANOTHER black eye.
    what would be missed tho is ANOTHER individual who had issues and seeked to correct them using aas for the wrong damn reason.
    Trick you are funny bastard...

WannabePro is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ODC0717
    If you have low self-esteem that is no reason to use juice, IMHO. Granted we use it to change our bodies, but not because we have low self esteem. I'll tell you the reason I started to use juice...To get big. I want to compete. In my haste to get big overnight, and being young, 18 to be exact, I jumped the gun and did a cycle that was incomplete and dumb in retrospect. After joining this site and learining about AAS, I felt comfortable enough to execute a proper cycle, eventhough I was still too young. 19 and my second cycle was wonderful. 3rd cycle was right before my birthday and also my last, not because it was bad, it was the best one to date. All gains were retained and recovery wasn't and issue with any of the cycles after the 1st. I should point out that no PCT was used after my first. I was told it was more trouble then it was worth,and being young and stupid, I followed what I was told. Anyway, I'll be 23 here soon, and I haven't done a cycle since what I consider 20. I don't regret anything other then being stuid and not researching them before I took them. However, and this is my point, the reason I haven't done a cycle in damn near 3 years is because I feel that I could have got to where I am, and where I was, as far as weight is concerned naturally. You don't need juice to look good, you need to diet and train and do cardio. AAS and all the other things we use are there to further what cats have taken years to build. AAS is icing on the cake, not a shortcut. It's not a short cut to look good, or build self esteem. These things can only be acomplished one way...determination and perservierance. I think you have more self control issues then you do self esteem isssues. If you say it's going to be hard for you to stay off until March, then by all means you should take a break bro. Perhaps a prolonged one for your own health. Remember these are hormones that are inside your body and you want to treat them with that same respect. Above all else, you and I should say that ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT ADDICTION. Bottom line.
    I agree and disagree on some issues but you do bring good points. I think using AAS,HGH,IGF1 etc is all dependent on what your goals are in life. I am currently 21 years old, and my goal is to become a professional bodybuilder, in order to do that its necessary to do steroids to become that good. You cant acheive 23 inch arms, 33 inch legs, etc being natural and having a perfect diet etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Roid Rage
    Trick you are funny bastard...
    this is too easy!

I love Roid Rages avatar!!

Quote Originally Posted by WannabePro
    I agree and disagree on some issues but you do bring good points. I think using AAS,HGH,IGF1 etc is all dependent on what your goals are in life. I am currently 21 years old, and my goal is to become a professional bodybuilder, in order to do that its necessary to do steroids to become that good. You cant acheive 23 inch arms, 33 inch legs, etc being natural and having a perfect diet etc.
    You said what I got side tracked attempting to say. I also have aspirations of competition as well, but I feel that AAS use, at your age and my age when I used them appear large and big, but they lack density. Muscluar density can only be achieved by years of hardcore training and dieting. I also agree that you can't have those measurments naturally, but a 23yr old and anyother pro that have those measurements look absolutley different. That aside, best of luck achieving your dreams and goals of competing.

i don't want to be a pro bodybuilder, and from what i have read about what they have to do to compete, as far as how much sh!t they have to run to keep up with the other guy who is willing to run quite a bit, i don't want to be... i do all of this because it makes me feel good. i am proud of the hard work and the results i have gotten. i feel healthier than i ever have.... if tommorow steroids didn't exist i would still do what i am doing.. i would just be a somewhat smaller version of me...

... i do all of this because it makes me feel good. i am proud of the hard work and the results i have gotten. i feel healthier than i ever have.... if tommorow steroids didn't exist i would still do what i am doing.. i would just be a somewhat smaller version of me...
    word brotha,it's a labor of love, IMO.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member

My thoughts on your thoughts

This is intended to be a rebuttal not a flame.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    After a year and a half or so of experimenting in steroids I must say, everything weighed in, steroids are a bad choice to make in life.
    A bad choice for you perhaps.

The only logical reason someone would subject their body to a harmful chemical is because of an addiction.
    Chemotherapy is a harmful chemical that one subjects their body to and is therefore an addiction if one employs your "logic."

Whether you snort coke or shoot steroids you're doing it to fullfill a subconscious addiction.An unsubstantiated conclusion. And if you aren't addicted physically, but still snort coke, then that means you have an addiction to the need for friends and fitting in. Its the same thing, and addiction is an addiction.
    You are talking Apples to Oranges here.

When I started using steroids I promised myself I'd be in control, no overuse or overstacking.

After a year and half, I must say I am bigger. Its nice.

But what has it gotten me in life? I got laid the same amount I got laid before.... And as for respect muscles won't get you it. As for sleepiness, acne, and overall bodily harm like hurting natural test production, I had plenty of that.
    I use steroids to build muscle and increase my recovery abilities. That's it. I have no unrealistic expectations of gaining something in life from aas usage.

Is getting laid or getting noticed physically really that important in life that you put your one tue thing in life, your body, at risk?

Theres a much healthier and effective way, I've noticed. And that is by furthering your mind. The most respect I have gotten in the past year and a half, after using steroids, was the fact that I had gotten my act together and did great in school. I got my bachelors, many certifications in things like Linux and Security, etc etc. And the respect from people was overwhelming, something I never recieved from simply gaining muscle.
    I use steroids to build muscle and increase my recovery abilities. That's it. I have no unrealistic expectations of gaining respect from aas usage.

You may get laid or get checked out when youre muscular, but remember the scrawny guy who pulls up in a Porsche still outweighs you in many other ways. Important ways that matter to people.
    I use steroids to build muscle and increase my recovery abilities. That's it. I have no unrealistic expectations of getting laid or impressing superficial people who haven't yet learned that "The most important things in life aren't things."

Realize I AM NOT putting your guys down. I AM ONE OF YOU. I suffer from low self asteem, whether I admit it or not, and its what drives people to put their body at risk to become better. That need is an addiction, and it doesn't make someone a bad person at all since you don't CHOOSE to use steroids but rather NEED to use steroids. Your emotional well being, from being bigger and stronger, depends on it.
    I use CHOOSE to use steroids. I NEED to breathe, eat, take a sh*t in the morning etc. If you NEED to use steroids then YOU have a problem.

The important thing is to get over this need, and to realize theres so many more ways to gain self respect, and gain more of it than muscle can ever get you.
    Self respect was never something I expected to gain from AAS usage.

Bodybuilding shows a wish for a better body. Steroid use shows a need. That is an addiction you can find ways around it. We all want to further ourselves, so find another way you can do it. A way that is legal and safe.
    I thought bodybuilding showed a dedication to self improvement and a level of self dicipline. Yes AAS are illegal. The safety is determined by the user or abuser as the case may be. Steroid usage can indeed be quite safe.

Don't flame me for this. A healthy argument is ok though. I just had to let this out because I feel if more people went through what I did, which was furthering myself in other ways, they'll see first hand that they can satisfy their addiction for respect in much better ways. An addiction is an addiction - They can not be beat, and you'll have them for your whole life. However what matters is how you fullfill them, and the better ways there are to go about doing it.... This especially the need for respect and self asteem.
    If you have an addiction to the quest for respect then I suggest you seek counseling. It is unfair to blame possible personality disorders on AAS usage. AAS usage may have exacerbated an existing condition but they cannot take the blame.
    Last edited by eGGz; 08-26-2005 at 11:42 PM.

eGGz the man!

towup is offline Associate Member

/agree

chris2wire is offline Member
    You all make good points.

And Swole is right, I guess some people truly use steroids because they WANT to, like a hobby, and dont actually need to.

In that case fine... Im a believer everyone should be able to do whatever they want, its our lives afterall.

But for those of us that used steroids to satisfy an addiction to being better, its unhealthy and can be accomplished is so many other ways.

Thats all. Hopefully at least one person will be helped by this thread in the end...

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    I am going to have to side with the guys who do it for competition purposes. I am studying to become an aerospace engineer, that's right a rocket scientist. I work for a company that has a satellite research contract with NASA. I spend about 60 hours a week, if not more between class, homework, and work. I did not take AAS until the 8th year of my lifting carreer. Mind you I got an early start, 13, but I had no notion of steriod use until I got to college and randomly got into a conversation with one of the professors here who used to be an amatuer bodybuilder and was talking about the old days and how everything used to juice. That got me interested, so I did some research, about a years worth; I even wrote a 15 page research paper on AAS and their effect on the human body. I have done two cycles in my life, I do regret starting early, but by that point, I knew the physical effects would have been minimal, seeing that I had not grown at all since my senior year in highschool. Not only does AAS stunt your growth, but heavy lifting does as well.

Here is my point, after that long winded anecdote. I starting using AAS to give myself the kick in the right direction I needed in the gym. I compete in strongman competitions, and I do very well for not even being 21 yet. I placed 5th in the Mid-Atlantic Strongest Man, 4th in the Maryland Strongest Man, and 9th in the Pennsylvania Strongest Man. I do the types of things that some people can only dream about when it comes to lifting. I can bench over 500 lbs no problem. I can squat over 800 lbs no problem. I can deadlift over 700 lbs no problem. But the driving force, the motivation behind me using AAS was not an addiction, but a desire. A desire to be the best at something, to one day be in the World's Strongest Man. To be compard to people like Bill Kazmier, Mangnus ver Magnuson, Magnus Samuelson, Hugo Girard, and all the other men before me who have been there, who have stepped up on the podium as the World's Strongest Man. In my sport AAS use is all around you, and honestly, the only way to get to the big show, is to train hard, and harder, and eat right, and to train more. . .and if you need it use AAS. It comes with the territory.

As for getting fulfillment in other aspects of my life. I will have my BS in aerospace engineering early. I do things that many people cannot fathom doing. I am 20 years old and I do satellite research and design. I can do more with a pen, a piece of paper, and a calculator then most people could ever do. That in and of itself is fulfillment. To walk into a room and know that no one there can do what you do, that no one there is as strong as you are.

The overall point to this response is to show that AAS use doesn't need to be an addiction, but it can be an addition to an already nice way of things. I use to gain the edge I need, but only when I have exhausted all other routes. It is a choice me make as adults, no different then someone grabbing a beer at the bar, or going in the backroom to smoke some dope. If you use intelligently, if you do your research and plan everything out the way it should be done, then using AAS is no different then doing antyhing else in your life. Think of AAS as you finding the untapped potential in the human body.
    Last edited by Liftgod84; 08-26-2005 at 11:49 PM.

Hey liftgod84 whats you stats?

house20 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRICK
    depends on why you got started, i myself have lived a pu$$y laiden life indeed, i'm 37 so i didn't do it for respect, and i honestly don't want to be a 250 lb goliath.

in the grand scheme of things (healthwise) aquiring & maintaning muscle mass is a very smart thing for someone to do. its when you take it to extremes that it becomes an addiction. to each his own, i myself have chosen low dose cycles to enhance my appearance not compete in competitions.

thankfully you have rediscovered yourself, as for me i'm doing quite fine thank you and would recommened weight lifting and a smarter diet to any of my friends, provided they have disipline and control over over-indulgance. if they were to choose to enhance those efforts by testosterone i certainly would encourage it.

i do however want to be a 250 goliath and get drafted for baseball

Not fair! I want to be a 250 lb goliath too!

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roid Rage
    Anyone can do anything, it all depends on how bad you want it and how hard you are willing to work for it.

RR

these are the most truthful words that any human being could ever hear.

I made myself eat heathy and cut out the fatty fast food crap and get lean to help my heart last longer.....Cuz I wanted to...
    I gave up 4-5 beers a day out in the shop while building my race car after work everyday, and got rid of the beer gut...Cuz I wanted to....
    With 3 kids, working 50 hours a week, and driving 2 hours a day just to get to work and home, evryday, I made myself find time to go to the gym 4 times a week... cuz I wanted to.
    I quit eating past 6 pm everyday,(except one cheat meal a week), and cut out the snacks, except popcorn,... cuz I wanted to.....
    3 months ago I said to myself," I have the willpower, and dedication to make myself trim down, and train hard enough to show great results."... and I did it..Cuz I wanted to....
    These are just some examples of what one can accomplish if they want it badly enough....
    Sure, I had a bit of help with the roids, but I could have just as easily said one week, ahhh... f*** it, I dont feel like lifting this week, I'll do it next week. And even though at the beginning I had a couple or few weeks like that, because it was the start of serious training, I still stuck it out to prove to myself that Im not a quitter, never have been, and always believed that I want this real bad. And I wont stop till I get the results that I want. Cuz I want to....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information