Mrcivil is offline Associate Member

Strongman cycles

So I was having a discussion with a competitive strongman very strong guy and we were discussing anabolics.

I said man you guys must be on a fair variety of stuff and to my surprise he said that all he was taking was straight test.

He said he wasn't off that he just cruised at 750 a week sometimes he would come up to 1500 but generally didn't fluctuate his dosing.

He said that some of the top guys he knew were much the same saying that just test alone was better for health than adding few different compounds in.

Needless to say I was dumbfounded I thought for sure the size these guys are the weights they move you would for sure be on a massive cocktail of slin gh igf tren test at just a guess but apparently I am wrong.

So what do people think was this guy pulling my leg or is he correct

stpete is offline Banned
    I'd bet he's not really pulling your leg. Those guys are a different breed. They are strong by nature and smart enough to use it to their advantage. Now, for the usage, he's not lying. Why would a person want to use anything but test? I always choose test over anything else. But if i was to compete at that level i'd have some halo on hand as well. But those test dosages are common. And very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete
    I'd bet he's not really pulling your leg. Those guys are a different breed. They are strong by nature and smart enough to use it to their advantage. Now, for the usage, he's not lying. Why would a person want to use anything but test? I always choose test over anything else. But if i was to compete at that level i'd have some halo on hand as well. But those test dosages are common. And very effective.
    I understand and agree totally test is king but from my own experience my strength on tren is amazing and I have had mates on slin with test and tren and made insane strength and size gains which is partly why I think he may have been leaving a few things out cant have the competition knowing all haha

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcivil

I understand and agree totally test is king but from my own experience my strength on tren is amazing and I have had mates on slin with test and tren and made insane strength and size gains which is partly why I think he may have been leaving a few things out cant have the competition knowing all haha
    Bear is really the man to help you with this as he also does strongman

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Strongmen are a different breed IMHO :-)

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete
    Agree!

Those guys are genetically gifted. Giants even without roids.

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panntastic

Bear is really the man to help you with this as he also does strongman
    Bear is on Tren and dragons blood. And on occasion he crushes a noob, and injects the remains... Just sayin

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    As above the big man bear is the man for this Q.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I know bear is on like 2100 mg test and like 1500mg tren or some shit...but that dude ain't human...superhuman may b an understatement!

-TroN-

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    I know bear is on like 2100 mg test and like 1500mg tren or some shit...but that dude ain't human...superhuman may b an understatement!

-TroN-
    Haaa haaaa i'll x2 that mate.

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    I heard he eats babies

s.e.bowen is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post

Bear is on Tren and dragons blood. And on occasion he crushes a noob, and injects the remains... Just sayin
    Lmao!!!

s.e.bowen

Quote Originally Posted by panntastic
    I heard he eats babies
    Before they even get out of the womb

-TroN-

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcivil View Post
    So I was having a discussion with a competitive strongman very strong guy and we were discussing anabolics.

I said man you guys must be on a fair variety of stuff and to my surprise he said that all he was taking was straight test.

He said he wasn't off that he just cruised at 750 a week sometimes he would come up to 1500 but generally didn't fluctuate his dosing.

He said that some of the top guys he knew were much the same saying that just test alone was better for health than adding few different compounds in.

Needless to say I was dumbfounded I thought for sure the size these guys are the weights they move you would for sure be on a massive cocktail of slin gh igf tren test at just a guess but apparently I am wrong.

So what do people think was this guy pulling my leg or is he correct
    TREN TREN TREN...And DBOL ....

These guys don't care about what physique look like..They just want SIZE AND STRENGTH....

If your strongman friend only take test he is limiting himself VERY MUCH...

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23

TREN TREN TREN...And DBOL ....

These guys don't care about what physique look like..They just want SIZE AND STRENGTH....

If your strongman friend only take test he is limiting himself VERY MUCH...
    This was a international competitor saying this to us I had a friend who has won some big local comps and I know he was on slin dbol tren an test which is why when I was told straight test I thought hang on

Perseverance1 is offline Banned
    I like how nobody seems to see 750mg of test for cruising as a "huge" dose.

Or 1.5 grams of test on a blast lol.

I will admit that I'm surprised by the lack of additional compounds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseverance1

Psh...child's play! :P

-TroN-

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseverance1

I suppose for strongman though, at the big end of the sport you need heavy doses of test to maintain, just like a Mr Olympia. Some guys approaching 400lbs and more, 750mg doesn't seem that high!

Agreed with the lack of compounds, but given their bodyfat, I guess any additional compounds will be Deca /Tren /NPP or maybe Halo.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1 word.... Halo!

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseverance1 View Post

Well, for "Cruising" for a NORMAL person...

And 1.5 grams of test ALONE isn't that much out of the ordinary...Most pros bodybuilders are on cycle ALL YEAR round with Test in the grams per week including many other compounds on top of that...

The reasoning that this competitor mentioned straight test no tren and stuff was because of how cardio intensive strongman comp is and the fact that a lot of the guys compete at quite a few meets close together and they don't want to be on harsh compounds for long periods of time which I understand.

As people have mentioned most top bb competitors are on year round big doses and other compounds so I can see how just test year round would be a good thing for these guys who compete in strongman at elite levels ad you have to admit a lot of them now aren't the fat buggers they used to be you get some of them at 350-400 lb and jacked looking ripped granted not below 10% but still bloody good physiques.

I compete in local power lifting meets and I can tell you I'm not running just straight test before a meet but there are only a couple meets on the calendar I can do so it is not as full on on my system

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23

Well, for "Cruising" for a NORMAL person...

And 1.5 grams of test ALONE isn't that much out of the ordinary...Most pros bodybuilders are on cycle ALL YEAR round with Test in the grams per week including many other compounds on top of that...
    And your right 1.5 isn't a lot compared to some amounts I have heard thrown around by body builders I know those guys are animals when it comes to some of the stuff they chuck in there system haha

Thread Information