Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8

Thread: deca & hcg, why?

Quester is online now Knowledgeable Member

deca & hcg, why?

If deca causes complete shutdown, why include hcg on cycle?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    You need need to understand the HPT axis to fully understand an answer to your question.

Hcg will mimic LH making the testis work, it does nothing to the hypotalamus and pituitary.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What do you mean?

Basically every cycle of AAS will cause complete shut down, that's why we need hcg to stimulate the testicles directly, since the pituitary has stopped doing so. (No secretion of LH or FSH)
    This in turn is because the hypothalamus has stopped stimulating the pituitary. (No GnRH secereted)

Hcg will only serve to stimulate the testicles so that some T still is produced, along with f.ex DHEA. It will do nothing for the pituitary or hypothalamus.
    (Hcg is actually suppressive by itself in that regard)
    Quester likes this.

Thank You my friends,
    I will have to research to understand. Can you provide me with direction? If this is one of those things where the answer is in front of me rather then in a book, please be direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You need need to understand the HPT axis to fully understand an answer to your question.

Hcg will mimic LH making the testis work, it does nothing to the hypotalamus and pituitary.
    Ok, so HPT, -h and -p (um what does the t stand for again? lol). Ok, so the LH stimulates the leydig cells in the testis. But, if its complete shutdown... Dude, thats shutdown of the leydig(interstitial) cells.
    I've got this buddy, he's old school. Doesn't acknowledge the plasticity of the brain. My thoughts: plasticity of the body: we bounce back.
    Last edited by Quester; 01-15-2017 at 10:50 PM.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    HPT axis or HPTA=
    H: Hypothalamus; control senter in the brain, reacts to high levels of estrogen or androgens (like test), and will then stop stimulating the Pituitary (with GnRH)

P; Pituitary; another control center in the brain; is under control of the Hypothalamus, which will send GnRH (Gonadotrophin Releasing Hormone), which makes the Pituitary secrete LH and FSH to the bloodstream. The pituitary will also react to high levels of estrogen and androgens directly.

T; Testicular (testicles); 10% of the volume in the testicles are creating testosterone (from cholesterol) and secrete this to the bloodstream. The testicles will only do this if stimulated by LH. FSH mainly stimulate maturation of sperm. Without any LH the testicles will reduce in size and stop production of testosterone (and also sperm). Stopping production of testosterone happens immediately upon administration of AAS, due to lack of LH signaling.
    Reduction in testicle size takes some time, as this is like a muscle that isn't used; then you lose it. When the testicles of have reduced in size there may take some time (can take quite a long time) with LH stimulus before they regain normal size. Thus use hcg on cycle, to prevent testicles from losing their size.
    Testicles also make other hormones like DHEA which is important for neurological and immunological function.

A; axis; refers to the feed back loop between the testicles and brain (Hypo and Pituitary)

Thread Information