Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Needle broke off in glute

captelectron is offline New Member

Needle broke off in glute

Has anyone had this happen before? a 27ga needle broke off in there glute? I know you should not bury the needle due to this possibility, but has anyone had this happen and if so what did they do?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    How did you manage that?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

No idea - Must have done 100 before and never a issue. Maybe a bad needle or something IDK

Anyone ever have a needle break off during IM injection?

Has anyone had this happen before?

IM Injection and 27ga needle broke off in there glute?

I know you should not bury the needle due to this possibility, but has anyone had this happen and if so what did they do?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    27g is too thin unless ur doin slin pins probably why it broke off in your glute go down to a 22 or 23 guage.

Personally, I'm like 23ga x1". What length 27ga were you using?

Also, I would reserve 27ga and smaller for sub-q injections in areas that I could see during injection.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-01-2024 at 03:17 PM.
    Cuz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Merged duplicate threads.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Do you still have the tip of the needle stuck in your ass?
    almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I see three choices

Get some tweezers and dig around a bit VERY CAREFULLY.

Go to the doctor. Do not sit on the glute that has the needle in it.

Take this guy's advice : https://youtu.be/EwVDDxoKBk4

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Personally, I'm like 23ga x1". What length 27ga were you using?

Also, I would reserve 27ga and smaller for sub-q injections in areas that I could see during injection.

Same here. Always thought 23-1 was the gold standard for IM unless youre just a lard ass and shouldnt be using gear anyway.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Same here. Always thought 23-1 was the gold standard for IM unless youre just a lard ass and shouldnt be using gear anyway.
    Not to change the subject, but I had thought 1.25-1.5in was recommended to consistantly get through to muscle on your glute. Is 1in enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Take this guy's advice : https://youtu.be/EwVDDxoKBk4

teedoff is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captelectron View Post
    Not to change the subject, but I had thought 1.25-1.5in was recommended to consistantly get through to muscle on your glute. Is 1in enough?
    1.5"?? Wow. If you're that over weight to need that long of a needle, you shouldn't be using.

.5 is plenty long enough imo. Been using that for 3 years for my trt and has worked fine.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Does it look like its not working for me?

I don't know if all are. I've heard some brands use 420 stainless and that is magnetic.

Some brands also use 302 stainless and that isn't magnetic. I only know of this shit because I was googling it right now.

I don't think any of us have bought needles knowing what type of steel they're using in it or if it's magnetic or not.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 04-03-2024 at 05:30 PM.

The "like" button isn't working for me, but Cuz and Teedoff, I was trying to like your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    The "like" button isn't working for me, but Cuz and Teedoff, I was trying to like your posts.
    Thanks for pointing that out, H_ K. Much appreciated.

Yup. I tried to like your post about liking my post. lol No go. Was the site down for everyone like it was me? Sunday and monday I think I couldnt get on.

Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Yup. I tried to like your post about liking my post. lol No go. Was the site down for everyone like it was me? Sunday and monday I think I couldnt get on.
    The site has been acting up but the IT gang is working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Look, IDk if u still got the needle in you, fucking hell I hope not and not because the needle but shit that's just crazy. Get a buddy to dig it out, cheaper but not much diff than a doc and much cheaper. Or, go to ER and doc in ER will dig it out. Anything in the middle of those two will result in one of those two actions but with worse consequences. Best of luck! And, really??? How the fuck does a need break off! Reminds me of Eddie Murphy imitating Mr. T when he said, "I'll clinch my butt cheeks and rip your dick off!" Dude, you got buns of steel! (or there is something more going on here)

Is is really about a "needle?" People have a lot of "needles" stuck in them when they show up to the ER.

All my problems seem smaller now

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Look, IDk if u still got the needle in you, fucking hell I hope not and not because the needle but shit that's just crazy. Get a buddy to dig it out, cheaper but not much diff than a doc and much cheaper. Or, go to ER and doc in ER will dig it out. Anything in the middle of those two will result in one of those two actions but with worse consequences. Best of luck! And, really??? How the fuck does a need break off! Reminds me of Eddie Murphy imitating Mr. T when he said, "I'll clinch my butt cheeks and rip your dick off!" Dude, you got buns of steel! (or there is something more going on here)
    Yeah, who uses insulin syringes on their glutes anyways? The whole thread strikes me as another kimbo thread.

Honkey, like button still not working.If this is another Kimbo thread, I love it! Yeah, Kimbo! I amused myself.I went to see ROn White a few weeks ago. Guess he stopped drinking, it seemed like he wasn't into it. Didn't even get motivated by enjoying his own jokes. You know how he used to laugh even before he told the joke, like he was laughing about the experience that he was about to put in words? RIP Mr White

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Honkey, like button still not working.If this is another Kimbo thread, I love it! Yeah, Kimbo! I amused myself.I went to see ROn White a few weeks ago. Guess he stopped drinking, it seemed like he wasn't into it. Didn't even get motivated by enjoying his own jokes. You know how he used to laugh even before he told the joke, like he was laughing about the experience that he was about to put in words? RIP Mr White
    Damn, I was not even aware Ron had passed. RIP

Damn, I was not even aware Ron had passed. RIP
    He didn't. I think he meant his comedy died.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    He didn't. I think he meant his comedy died.
    Bahahah the like button needs fixed asap

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, who uses insulin syringes on their glutes anyways? The whole thread strikes me as another kimbo thread.
    to be honest i started using 1/2" long insulin pins for glute injections for my TRT, then later for blast cycles. the reason i did this is because i got tired of constantly having lumps in my stomach from SQ TRT injections. it takes away from the look i have going with my abs.

ive never even seen a 1" or 1 1/2" long 27 gauge needle though. that just seems like a bad idea

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    to be honest i started using 1/2" long insulin pins for glute injections for my TRT, then later for blast cycles. the reason i did this is because i got tired of constantly having lumps in my stomach from SQ TRT injections. it takes away from the look i have going with my abs.

ive never even seen a 1" or 1 1/2" long 27 gauge needle though. that just seems like a bad idea
    https://www.saveritemedical.com/prod...4aAuAxEALw_wcB

Yep they out there

So where is the OP? Still trying to dig that needle out?

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    that would not be my first choice for a needle, i could easily see myself bending or breaking off the needle, especially pinning glutes.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, H_ K. Much appreciated.

Same here; can't like the posts...

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member

Same here. I had always heard that for best absorption to use 1.5's

People have used 1.5's for a long ass time. 1 inch is fine too,but the difference of people compared to 20 years ago...it seems like everyone wants to use the absolute smallest shit to a point where stuff like this can happen. Not at all knocking the guy because he's got enough issues as is..I do get the point of wanting to create the smallest hole but again...people have been doin this for a long time and the shit that's worked forever doesn't need redone JMo

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Needles typically bend, but don't break. It could happen though. I've used everything from 18G to 31G. Unless 1mL or less using back-filled insulin pin, best to use something in the 22-25G range. Those give the best balance of injection speed and scar tissue minimization. You often need a separate lower gauge "draw" needle to fill syringe. 18 and 19G work well here.

• Thread Information