THA GONZ is offline Associate Member

ultimate fighter....

Anyone see this new series on Spike Tv. Its a reality show about 16 mma fighters who will train and compete to get their shot at a contract in the ufc. Some of those kids look pretty good. Looks like it might be a pretty good show!

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Yeah I was looking forward to that for the last couple of
    weeks, it looks like it's actually going to be a good show
    and I can't wait for next week's show already... That one
    bro Chris had better be able to back up his mouth is all I
    can say, cus if not someone is going to fuk him up bad...

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    My training partner is diego sanchez. He wont tell us if he won but I have a good feeling that he did.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I posted something in the lounge today! Great show!

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    Diego looked pretty good with the grappling, thats all I can judge him on, but he seems very focused. That kid chris leben is supposed to be good from what I've heard, and he must be to run his mouth like that, or else he's gonna look real stupid. How bout that kid from Canada, how did he even get on the show?? The other kids on the show are much better than him in every aspect.

Billy Ba did you try out for the show??

randumb is offline Junior Member
    I don't know what to think about Chris being the only one to finish the 30 minutes of running after being the only one that got hammered the night before. That's pretty impressive.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I just know it's gonna have me hooked every week to watch it and
    not miss one episode, just when I thought all reality TV sucked ass
    they finally come up with a good one to watch...

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    na,I didnt try out for the show... I live in albuquerque and I have been training with diego for about 3 years now. We are realy tight. All I have to say about him is that he is sick and it woluldnt suprise me if he won...wink wink... I've seen him roll with dan henderson and both of them got 1 takedown and neither one got a tap. UFC approached him about the show after he won the KOTC belt and about a month later he won the team usa 169lb spot for the abu dhabi. He had to give up the belt and the chance to compete in the abu dhabi so he could be on the show. He almost didnt go on the show because he wanted to possibly head towards pride rather than ufc but our coach greg jackson had to convince him to go. He also said that after the show he got to roll with some of the ufc fighters and he tapped every one he roled with. He said baroni asted about 30 sconds against him and supposedly marc laimon is pretty tough, neiter of them tapped . We have a really good coach. Our school has taken the grapplers quest team points 3 times and our fighters are definately makng names for themselves. The thing that sux is that he cant tell anyone any details about the show, they all signed contracts stating that there is a 5million dolar fine for any breach. But the show is going to be awesome and really good for the sport

Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ
    Diego looked pretty good with the grappling, thats all I can judge him on, but he seems very focused. That kid chris leben is supposed to be good from what I've heard, and he must be to run his mouth like that, or else he's gonna look real stupid. How bout that kid from Canada, how did he even get on the show?? The other kids on the show are much better than him in every aspect.

Billy Ba did you try out for the show??

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    Chris Leban said in a interview that he wasnt the only one to finish the treadmill, never the less, still impressive. They are just hyping him because I have a feeling he will be the antagonist. I hope Diego wins as well, hes got the right attitude, if not him I woulndt mind seeing Kenny Florian win, a good ol'e local boy who likes the Sox!

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by billy_ba
    na,I didnt try out for the show... I live in albuquerque and I have been training with diego for about 3 years now. We are realy tight. All I have to say about him is that he is sick and it woluldnt suprise me if he won...wink wink... I've seen him roll with dan henderson and both of them got 1 takedown and neither one got a tap. UFC approached him about the show after he won the KOTC belt and about a month later he won the team usa 169lb spot for the abu dhabi. He had to give up the belt and the chance to compete in the abu dhabi so he could be on the show. He almost didnt go on the show because he wanted to possibly head towards pride rather than ufc but our coach greg jackson had to convince him to go. He also said that after the show he got to roll with some of the ufc fighters and he tapped every one he roled with. He said baroni asted about 30 sconds against him and supposedly marc laimon is pretty tough, neiter of them tapped . We have a really good coach. Our school has taken the grapplers quest team points 3 times and our fighters are definately makng names for themselves. The thing that sux is that he cant tell anyone any details about the show, they all signed contracts stating that there is a 5million dolar fine for any breach. But the show is going to be awesome and really good for the sport

What is a KOTC belt? I'm learnin' about the whole m.a., so bare with me..

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    King of the Cage, Sometimes they get some good talent but not much. Check this website out BOR, SHERDOG.com click around, go on the forums, you will earn quite a bit. Be careful though posting, they like to flame eveyone over there!

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Thanx bro

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    iv'e seen it, looks pretty good. would like to see more fighting though. but i guess the fighting is saved for the later episodes

Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member
    I love the show. Last night was the ****. Love this ****. By the way... anyone know where I could train for mma in Long Island??? Any help would be nice. Thanks.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Billy Ba about Diego Sanchez being the best of the middleweight crowd there, i have seen him in new mexico quite a few times, never saw him fight but i saw him at an event called Fightworld watching his team fight there. Slowly i learned about him he is undefeated, and unlike many undefeated fighters Diego actually faught against good fighters!! He didnt just pick newbies to beat on and be undefeated! He's supposed to be a phenominal fighter for his weight, and when i saw he was on the show i already gave a 99% chance that he will win the contract.
    There is the guy from team quest with the red hair thats been talking trash we'll see if he makes it, and the other fighter with the curly bleached hair who might me a slight threat, but in general i still thing Diego is gonna win, my money on it!

Win94 is offline New Member
    My training partner is diego sanchez. He wont tell us if he won but I have a good feeling that he did.

.............Billy Ba, your boy Diego, no matter what the outcome of the show carries himself very well and is a disciplined, class act in my opinion. Looks like he is going to let his fighting do the talking unlike most of the other mouth pieces. Looking forward to seeing him in the next episodes.

...peace

Megadeth is offline Junior Member

Ultimate fighter

Hey boys. Episode 3 was on last nite. The show is getting intense. Loving it. Really sad to see Sincaid go home last night....but let's face it, he didn't have what it took to win the whole show anyway. Bobby however....he seemed to be sookin a lot, not wanting to drop the weight. A 210 degree sauna would turn anyone off I guess. Josh and Chuck were good enough to throw him back in there though. Bobby appearantly has a decent history in fighting...an 8-3 record(so the show said)...and one of those losses being to Belfort. Regardless, there was a reason why each and every one of those guys even got picked for the show, a lot of which we prob. don't even know about. Josh and Chris are my two pics to win the show, but by the looks of it, Chris challenged Josh for next week, so we'll see what happens. Anyways, talk to yas next week.
    Last edited by Megadeth; 02-01-2005 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information