Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Wanderlei's Blog (Videos Added)

http://www.wanderleisilva.com.br/blo...=2&Itemid=5%20

"Today we start the countdown for the fight on December 29. Thirty days to it. I am very happy to have this channel to talk to you. This week I am training very intensively. I have already reached a nice weight (97 kg); I look slim and have a low fat percentage. This makes me faster and I know I will need this in the fight. My training is very good because my coaches, besides being competent, are great people. This is very important because we are all leaving in the same home. On Saturday I am visiting an orphanage and take a message of optimism and hope, love and care to the kids, at least for a day. I am taking my son Thor with me for him to get in contact with the reality of life. If you have any questions I am here to answer them, as much as possible. I will be reading and posting everyday. Take care, God bless you and thank you for the support."
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 12-11-2007 at 01:41 PM.
    ***No source checks!!!***

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the post.

dank1970 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    damn silva is looking ripped. aside from that I think it will be a miracle if chuck does'nt get destroyed in the first round.

^^^I see Wanderlei giving Chuck a rude awakening but I don't think he will "walk" through him. I would rather see a war than a 1:00 KO!

Like Rampage said after he fought Wanderlei the first time "I wasn't ready for his speed". Wanderlei is not only extremely fast, when he gets in close he throws 4-5 punches at a time. Chuck keeps his hands so low and his chin wide open. I'm not sure that is something he can fix in time for this fight if ever.

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    Is that Vitor Belfort in the pic with him?

dank1970 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingweb50 View Post
    Is that Vitor Belfort in the pic with him?
    no not if its the pic at the bottom of the page from the link. I would like to see belfort come back. talk about a guy that can throw 4-5 punches in 2 seconds. remember when he beat wandy in ultimate brazil? i think it was like a 17 second fight. Belfort will always be one of my favorite fighters.

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    Yeah that was a crazy fast fight just from one side to the other and then its over...when was the last time vitor was in a fight was it his pride ass kicking?

^^^Cage Rage LHW Champ now? At least I thought his fight with Zikic was for the belt? I don't remember.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 12-03-2007 at 04:36 PM.

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Filhos Prediction

Q: How will be Liddell bout against Wanderlei?

A: An advice to Wanderlei is that to fight is not a struggle. If Wanderlei exchange punches with Liddell he will go down. He needs to fight MMA and not Muay He have to take Liddell down and punishing him. This is the way to win. I root for him. He is a hard-working guy, that was already were a sales assistant and he is Brazilian.

^^Filho has tunnel vision and only thinks of a takedown. He knows nothing else so that response is typical of him.

Taking Chuck down is just stupid, he will get back up anyway, at least until he is real tired.

Wanderlei is more than equipped to stand with Liddell. ****, Tito stood with him and tagged him many times but unfortunately hits like a wet newspaper.

Definately looking in amazing shape:

I bet we see a very Explosive and Quick Wanderlei come December 29th. He will be so much faster than Chuck it will be pathetic.

goose is offline Banned
    God I`m going to make alot of money on this,the odds are even,LOL.....

Wan will be the UFC champ..

abombing is offline Associate Member
    He seems to have Rampage's number having kicked his ass twice. Chuck will be no easy task though. Could be a bad matchup style wise for Wandy. Chuck can punch very well backing up, and has very good footwork. This should be a great fight no matter what!

The more I look at those pics, the more pumped I am for this fight. Wanderlei is in amazing shape and damn its gonna be a brawl.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abombing View Post
    He seems to have Rampage's number having kicked his ass twice. Chuck will be no easy task though. Could be a bad matchup style wise for Wandy. Chuck can punch very well backing up, and has very good footwork. This should be a great fight no matter what!
    I think its going to be quite easy for Wandy,chuck has not faced a five star striker,this is chucks weak point.Wandy is going to be in his face,he is so fast and has real sting in his hits.It`s more about him coping with the new rules for him and the cage.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    ^^Filho has tunnel vision and only thinks of a takedown. He knows nothing else so that response is typical of him.

Taking Chuck down is just stupid, he will get back up anyway, at least until he is real tired.

Wanderlei is more than equipped to stand with Liddell. ****, Tito stood with him and tagged him many times but unfortunately hits like a wet newspaper.
    they should have consulted with you i assume? dude, are you really Fedor? Im really not trying to be a ass here but you give everyone such a hard time about anything fighting that I am always imagining some elite top fighter behind the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2 View Post
    they should have consulted with you i assume? dude, are you really Fedor? Im really not trying to be a ass here but you give everyone such a hard time about anything fighting that I am always imagining some elite top fighter behind the keyboard.
    Can't handle the truth huh? I guess you think Wanderlei should go for a takedown too huh?

Filho is a ****ing BJJ guy to the core and it is no ****ing surprise that he say's "Take him down".

I've been around long enough to know a little about gameplans etc....

Wanderlei trying to get Chuck down is a waste of ****ing time and energy and anyone who has been around for awhile knows that.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    Can't handle the truth huh? I guess you think Wanderlei should go for a takedown too huh?

Filho is a ****ing BJJ guy to the core and it is no ****ing surprise that he say's "Take him down".

I've been around long enough to know a little about gameplans etc....

Wanderlei trying to get Chuck down is a waste of ****ing time and energy and anyone who has been around for awhile knows that.
    I think Chuck wont lose by some BJJ BS but he doesnt respond well to getting slammed and manhandled and the pace pushed on him. We have to agree there, I agree with a lot of what you say actually . MOST of your posts in this forum lead me to think you are a very elite fighter? I have been fighting for over 14 years now and 12 of those was strictly boxing, I in no way would critique F. Atlas' stratagies, and I know Fred and we have the most conflicting personalities and ideas in the world about almost everything. I never doubt his planning though.

I think Chuck wont lose by some BJJ BS but he doesnt respond well to getting slammed and manhandled and the pace pushed on him. We have to agree there, I agree with a lot of what you say actually . MOST of your posts in this forum lead me to think you are a very elite fighter? I have been fighting for over 14 years now and 12 of those was strictly boxing, I in no way would critique F. Atlas' stratagies, and I know Fred and we have the most conflicting personalities and ideas in the world about almost everything. I never doubt his planning though.
    I just think you misread my post. I have followed Filho for a long time as well as most of the BTT guys when they were still under Carlson Sr.

Filho along with Arona completely have tunnel vision in their approcah to a fight. They are "takedown, takedown, takedown". Just like Royce and the Gracie's are "BJJ, BJJ, BJJ".

It is their opinion sure, but I completely disagree with Filho saying Wanderlei should not trade with Chuck but rather should take him down. That advice is about as good as Rich Franklin telling Serra to take a knee at the start of the fight.

goose is offline Banned

I dont know who the hell this muril guy is,but damm,he is one smart guy on fighting among other things,I tell you this for a yank he aint bad,infact the man!!!

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    wands agressive push the pace style and chucks counter punching backpedalling is gonna make for a great slugfest and more than likely an early ko.

Wanderlei Training w/ Shawn Tompkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZrm7sZQsp8

It is weird to see since Shawn trained Hendo for the second fight with Wanderlei. I glared at him a couple times in Vegas, you know he was the enemy. haha

I want everyone to know I updated this with videos.

dvs1 is offline New Member
    ^^^Cage Rage LHW Champ now? At least I thought his fight with Zikic was for the belt? I don't remember.
    It was supposed to be but Cage Rage never gave him his belt. He's pissed off now and say's Cage Rage doesn't respect their fighters. That's why he's been in talks with the UFC for a rematch with Tito.

Thread Information