Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fedor VS Roger

Tambit24 is offline Member

Fedor VS Roger

It will be Nov 7 on CBS Primetime. No word on anyother fights yet for the night. Fedor FTW

tobetutz is offline Associate Member
    Is this going to be another elite xe fight?

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a bad feeling rogers will land one of those heavy hands and it'll all be over. Sad thing is, it will ruin his legacy worse then if he'd lost to brock. Hell, I think he's got a shot at beating brock.

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    I love watching fedor fight, i hope he beats brock, brings him down a peg.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am going to watch for sure but man its a nightmare, big Brett Rogers should have been part of the TUF10 heavyweight

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Is this the guy that KO'd Arlovski a couple months back?

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Is this the guy that KO'd Arlovski a couple months back?
    Yeah he got some power, he Koed couple of other fighters too.

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I got that feeling he can land something but fedor knows his thing man, and he doesn't underestimate anybody so I'm saying that unless that lucky punch is there fedor wins... I don't think Brock can stand 3 min with fedor...not there yet... The guy ocould be a lot better with training butthen again we always see him improve... 2010 promises to be a good year for heavyweights

stang is offline Associate Member
    this is not an easy fight for fedor i think he might get cliped and fight might end early to close to call if it makes it out of the first round its all fedor

christhepimp450 is offline New Member
    Fedor all the way.He is the man if you dont know much about him check out his fight with tim silvia or i guess you can call that a fight. Rogers has got heavy hands but fedor will prob take it 2 the ground

Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    I am going to watch for sure but man its a nightmare, big Brett Rogers should have been part of the TUF10 heavyweight
    He would have DOMINATED

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh great, we get to watch Fedor get fed another can so everyone can be so excited to watch the best fighter in the world, the best p4p fighter in the world, and the god like fedor prove he's invincible.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Matt Mitrione would KO him.......

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    bump, fight night, just started.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Tuned in, first fight was pretty good.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Yeah I thought so as well, they stayed busy and both gave and took some abuse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Yeah I thought so as well, they stayed busy and both gave and took some abuse.
    Werdum took some pretty huge shots, I thought he was done like 30 seconds in.....lol
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

fedor is amazing the myth is real... Brett rogers really didn't know how to handle lossing to well did he? lol I thought he had fedor with those ground punches my heart was in my stomach

Quote Originally Posted by xnotoriousx View Post
    fedor is amazing the myth is real... Brett rogers really didn't know how to handle lossing to well did he? lol I thought he had fedor with those ground punches my heart was in my stomach
    Typical Fedor fan, easy to belive in a unbeatable MMA fighter who does not fight ranked fighters.

Fedor is good, but beating a unknown Brett Rogers does not make him any better. Rogers should not even be ranked.

Fedor never had to worry about getting knocked out because he can back Rodgers up. Did you even see one technical punch thrown my fedor? it was all hay makers.

If Fedor and Brock fought, I'd put money on BROCK and turn a pretty coin in the process.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Typical Fedor fan, easy to belive in a unbeatable MMA fighter who does not fight ranked fighters.

Fedor is good, but beating a unknown Brett Rogers does not make him any better. Rogers should not even be ranked.

Fedor never had to worry about getting knocked out because he can back Rodgers up. Did you even see one technical punch thrown my fedor? it was all hay makers.

If Fedor and Brock fought, I'd put money on BROCK and turn a pretty coin in the process.
    fedor hater eh?

Rogers beat arlovski, arlovski was a ufc champ. Rogers we undefeated before tonite

Fedor fought prime nog,crocop,randleman,coleman,sylvia,arlovski,schil t and beat them all.

Rogers was rated BTW.

Technical punch? this isnt boxing, they are not wearing boxing gloves.

Fedors style is the most effective in MMA hence his record

Most technical striker in MMA is Anderson Silva, who lost to chael sonnen
    Anderson silva fights at MW and now LHW if fedor cut wieght he would Fight the same.

But he doesnt he fights at a non-lean HW 232lbs and beats fighters at their strength not their weakness.

I agree with u that brock is the only person with a chance.
    Keep in mind some of the rules were new to fedor
    and this was also his 1st experience in a cage.

He is rated number 1 whether u like it or not.
    Name anyone who has any record near as impressive as his over top fighter current or top fighters when he fought them.

Even the best fighters get caught in fluke losses

Rampage got RNC by Saku not really a fluke though
    CC head kicked by Gonzoga
    Gsp Ko'd by serra
    Chael sonnen subbin anderson
    Forest Rnc'in Shogun

31 fights and he has been rocked once
    cmon now say what u want. He is the best there is.
    and what makes him even better is his demeaner and attitude hes nice guy not cocky doesnt run his mouth.

-AJ

WAR FEDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Fedor is amazing no doubt, but Brock would eat him up for breakfast lol.
    Thats why he was too scared to come over to the ufc.

Rogers being 10-0 and ranked or whatever blah blah blah. He looked like he belonged on the ultimate fighter show lol.

hahaha I love the fedor haters, they think the UFC is MMA, news flash... IT'S NOT!

Only thing these fedor haters can say is brock this brock that, you really think he stands a chance vs this man?

Blog Entries
    I dont think he has anything else to prove. He has beat everyone put infront of him. I think he is past his prime judging from his last two fights. He should retire on top, or maybe thats why he is in strike force because the talent level is not there.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

I wouldn't be mad if he retired. I really don't think brock deserves the opportunity to upset him.

A fight I would like to see however would be brett rogers vs brock... I think rogers would k.o brock

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I dont think he has anything else to prove. He has beat everyone put infront of him. I think he is past his prime judging from his last two fights. He should retire on top, or maybe thats why he is in strike force because the talent level is not there.

My point exactly. lol, Im not "fedor hating".

Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    fedor hater eh?

Rogers beat arlovski, arlovski was a ufc champ. Rogers we undefeated before tonite

Fedor fought prime nog,crocop,randleman,coleman,sylvia,arlovski,schil t and beat them all.

Rogers was rated BTW.

Technical punch? this isnt boxing, they are not wearing boxing gloves.

Fedors style is the most effective in MMA hence his record

Most technical striker in MMA is Anderson Silva, who lost to chael sonnen
    Anderson silva fights at MW and now LHW if fedor cut wieght he would Fight the same.

But he doesnt he fights at a non-lean HW 232lbs and beats fighters at their strength not their weakness.

I agree with u that brock is the only person with a chance.
    Keep in mind some of the rules were new to fedor
    and this was also his 1st experience in a cage.

He is rated number 1 whether u like it or not.
    Name anyone who has any record near as impressive as his over top fighter current or top fighters when he fought them.

Even the best fighters get caught in fluke losses

Rampage got RNC by Saku not really a fluke though
    CC head kicked by Gonzoga
    Gsp Ko'd by serra
    Chael sonnen subbin anderson
    Forest Rnc'in Shogun

31 fights and he has been rocked once
    cmon now say what u want. He is the best there is.
    and what makes him even better is his demeaner and attitude hes nice guy not cocky doesnt run his mouth.

-AJ

WAR FEDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fedor has a good record, and it is mostly from his record and 18 wins racked up in Pride.

Guess who else racked up great amounts of wins in Pride?

Wandy and CC, and they are doing awful now that they have to fight top level fighters in the UFC.

AA was once the UFC champ, but he's NOT top level competition bro, nor is Brett Rodgers. What top 10 HW has Rodgers beat? and who was Brett Rodgers before 2009.

After the CC fight, Fedor has fought Tim and AA, 2 fighters that were already getting stomped in the UFC.

Randy, Frank Mir and Brock are all guys that could beat Fedor.

To top that off, Cain and Nappa would fair a good shot too.

Fedor would be a sub rank 5 if he ever came to the UFC because he'd certainly loose to brock, Mir can out strike him and Randy is not dumb enough to stand infront of hay makers.

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Fedor has a good record, and it is mostly from his record and 18 wins racked up in Pride.

Wandy and CC, and they are doing awful now that they have to fight top level fighters in the UFC.

AA was once the UFC champ, but he's NOT top level competition bro, nor is Brett Rodgers. What top 10 HW has Rodgers beat? and who was Brett Rodgers before 2009.

After the CC fight, Fedor has fought Tim and AA, 2 fighters that were already getting stomped in the UFC.

Fedor would be a sub rank 5 if he ever came to the UFC because he'd certainly loose to brock, Mir can out strike him and Randy is not dumb enough to stand infront of hay makers.
    Dude, you sure know crap about MMA, I owned you once, I'll do it again...

Guess who else made his name on PRIDE?? SHOGUN RUA.. wanna know who couldnt make his name on PRIDE.. ANDERSON SILVA... that settles for your PRIDE hate...

Rogers KTFO AA.. who was coming of a loss to Fedor yeah, but prior to that. 5 winning streak, 3 of them in the UFC, so no he wasnt getting stomped in the UFC. At least check your facts before you talk out of your ass man.

uhmm he would be sub rank 5??? yeah under Brock, CARWIN, NOG, and Randy???? LOL....

Brock. (the only worthy fight)
    CARWIN (who beat a B level GG and then WHOOOOOOOOOO???)
    Mir (hmmm Pe de Pano, Brandon Vera sounds familiar????)
    Couture (just got his ass kicked by an over the hill NOG, who got his ass kicked TWICE at his PRIME against Fedor)

Dude, for real, GET A FREAKING CLUE...

one more time... OWNED!

Top Ten HW that rogers beat AA and yes he was ranked

Tim Sylvia was the most dominant champ with the most title defenses UFC ever had, and he wasnt done with the UFC it was a contract dispute get ur facts right

and who has Carwin beat? uhhh....Gonzoga??? ya ok hes the man lol
    Cain beat who??? oh Rothwell and Kongo LOL cmon bro
    and who has Mir Beat? Nog when he looks like a corpse, and a Green Lesnar?
    and 1 legit win over Sylvia, ok then what? Brandon vera TKO's him in the 1st round?

and Randy to beat Fedor u r delusional!!! Randy would lose any where the fight goes

Brock is the only one with a chance.

Combine brock, cain, and carwins records and u have 31-2 against lesser opponents

Fedor 31-1 over top competition
    None of the fighters u claim that can beat fedor could beat all of these opponents

Sylvia
    Choi
    AA
    Rogers
    Prime CC
    Prime Nog
    Arona
    Randleman
    Coleman
    Mark Hunt

ur my friend really must not have any idea what u are talking about

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by roid_rage View Post
    Dude, you sure know crap about MMA, I owned you once, I'll do it again...

Guess who else made his name on PRIDE?? SHOGUN RUA.. wanna know who couldnt make his name on PRIDE.. ANDERSON SILVA... that settles for your PRIDE hate...

Rogers KTFO AA.. who was coming of a loss to Fedor yeah, but prior to that. 5 winning streak, 3 of them in the UFC, so no he wasnt getting stomped in the UFC. At least check your facts before you talk out of your ass man.

uhmm he would be sub rank 5??? yeah under Brock, CARWIN, NOG, and Randy???? LOL....

Brock. (the only worthy fight)
    CARWIN (who beat a B level GG and then WHOOOOOOOOOO???)
    Mir (hmmm Pe de Pano, Brandon Vera sounds familiar????)
    Couture (just got his ass kicked by an over the hill NOG, who got his ass kicked TWICE at his PRIME against Fedor)

Dude, for real, GET A FREAKING CLUE...

one more time... OWNED!
    I forget who you are honestly bro, but I called the Shogun Machita fight wrong, which is fine and I'm a shogun fan. But Shogun did build his name in pride and he looked AWFUL in the UFC until he came around a little in the Liddel fight.

AA has been exposed since Timmy knocked him out twice. It's known AA has good hands and a glass jaw. He beat Roy Nelson and Ben Rothwell after loosing to Timmy twice and suddenly he was a top 4 HW in the world? For what? Then Fedor embrasses him, Rogers embarasses him more. How is beating AA in todays MMA world make you a ranked fighter? Why would AA be a ranked fighter? AA had his day, so did Ken Shamrock bro, AA is not a world class HW anymore.

That's the problem with the HW class, Tito use to be the most dominate LHW ever, but beating him, does not shoot you to the number 2 LHW in the world. Yet some how, beat a guy who had the HW UFC belt in 2005, and you are the top level fighter that Fedor has to beat.

Bret Rogers was selling tires at Sam's Club, turned pro about a year ago, he's a big guy that can knock out AA and suddenly Fedor beats him unimpressivly and his legacy is secured even though he's never fought Randy, Brock or any of the top HW that CC had to fight in the UFC?

The thing you don't understand is the sport evolves very fast, it has since Gracie was dominate and it has changed since Chute Box ruled pride.

A. Silva and Matchita both fought in pride, but there careers and talent was only showcased in the UFC. Short of Shoguns recent rejuvination, your top level Pride fighters, shogun, came in loss to forrest, Wandy is 1 for 7, CC can't beat anyone anymore, Fedor is the only top level fighter developed in pride that has not had the opportunity to fight the top talent in his class. I'm not a dana nut hugger, but the UFC is king of MMA and regaurdless of anyone's opinion of the organization, it's known the top fighters are there.

And Cain beat Rothwell and Congo, isn't that just as good as beating Roy Nelson and Rothwell? That made AA the number 2 HW in the world even coming off 2 embarrassing losses to tim, and one to Randy.

Cain is more impressive than Rogers and that is not even the point, but if Fedor beat Cain, it's not securing shit either, it's beating a green fighter that has potentional.

Fedor beat the guy that put tires on my BMW last year, so what? Why are you so impressed.

Top Ten HW that rogers beat AA and yes he was ranked

Tim Sylvia was the most dominant champ with the most title defenses UFC ever had, and he wasnt done with the UFC it was a contract dispute get ur facts right

and who has Carwin beat? uhhh....Gonzoga??? ya ok hes the man lol
    Cain beat who??? oh Rothwell and Kongo LOL cmon bro
    and who has Mir Beat? Nog when he looks like a corpse, and a Green Lesnar?
    and 1 legit win over Sylvia, ok then what? Brandon vera TKO's him in the 1st round?

and Randy to beat Fedor u r delusional!!! Randy would lose any where the fight goes

Brock is the only one with a chance.

Combine brock, cain, and carwins records and u have 31-2 against lesser opponents

Fedor 31-1 over top competition
    None of the fighters u claim that can beat fedor could beat all of these opponents

Sylvia
    Choi
    AA
    Rogers
    Prime CC
    Prime Nog
    Arona
    Randleman
    Coleman
    Mark Hunt

ur my friend really must not have any idea what u are talking about

-AJ
    I love your top level HW fighter list there bro, I guess Choi did beat Jose Canseco though.

The sad part? Arona (a mid sized LHW) beat Fedor, watch the fight again and tell me different.

thats not my top 10 list of HW's buddy that is a list of fighters that no other person could beat all of them. only fedor.

My top 10 HW list would be like this

Fedor
    Barnett
    Lesnar
    Rogers
    Nog
    Mir
    Randy
    Carwin
    Cain
    Sylvia

And Arona beating fedor u are high it was in Rings and there rules were no ground strikes and go ahead and watch it again yourself fedor won,

i doubt u have ever seen the fight u are just regurgitating info from other people.

and im tired of AA's glass jaw talk, have u seen the punches that KO'd him? aside from Timmy's flash KO all the shots would KO just about everyone. His weakness isnt his JAW IMO its hit straight back movement and not going side to side.

Serious how can u discredit fedor? why dont u touch on Timmy being the best UFC HW?
    most title defense's against top opponents?
    He lost to randy, and Nog in his fights before fedor, and he was whooping Nog untill that choke, so say waht u want but the fact is he is ranked number one and the only person who has a chance on your list is Lesnar

I forget who you are honestly bro, but I called the Shogun Machita fight wrong, which is fine and I'm a shogun fan. But Shogun did build his name in pride and he looked AWFUL in the UFC until he came around a little in the Liddel fight.

AA has been exposed since Timmy knocked him out twice. It's known AA has good hands and a glass jaw. He beat Roy Nelson and Ben Rothwell after loosing to Timmy twice and suddenly he was a top 4 HW in the world? For what? Then Fedor embrasses him, Rogers embarasses him more. How is beating AA in todays MMA world make you a ranked fighter? Why would AA be a ranked fighter? AA had his day, so did Ken Shamrock bro, AA is not a world class HW anymore.

That's the problem with the HW class, Tito use to be the most dominate LHW ever, but beating him, does not shoot you to the number 2 LHW in the world. Yet some how, beat a guy who had the HW UFC belt in 2005, and you are the top level fighter that Fedor has to beat.

Bret Rogers was selling tires at Sam's Club, turned pro about a year ago, he's a big guy that can knock out AA and suddenly Fedor beats him unimpressivly and his legacy is secured even though he's never fought Randy, Brock or any of the top HW that CC had to fight in the UFC?

The thing you don't understand is the sport evolves very fast, it has since Gracie was dominate and it has changed since Chute Box ruled pride.

A. Silva and Matchita both fought in pride, but there careers and talent was only showcased in the UFC. Short of Shoguns recent rejuvination, your top level Pride fighters, shogun, came in loss to forrest, Wandy is 1 for 7, CC can't beat anyone anymore, Fedor is the only top level fighter developed in pride that has not had the opportunity to fight the top talent in his class. I'm not a dana nut hugger, but the UFC is king of MMA and regaurdless of anyone's opinion of the organization, it's known the top fighters are there.

And Cain beat Rothwell and Congo, isn't that just as good as beating Roy Nelson and Rothwell? That made AA the number 2 HW in the world even coming off 2 embarrassing losses to tim, and one to Randy.

Cain is more impressive than Rogers and that is not even the point, but if Fedor beat Cain, it's not securing shit either, it's beating a green fighter that has potentional.

Fedor beat the guy that put tires on my BMW last year, so what? Why are you so impressed.
    AA did not only beat Rothwell and Nelson, you are forgeting he beat Cruz (before the AA fight), O'brain and Werdum (who spanked GG ass TWICE)... so he was in a 5 winning streak to solid competition, that's why he was nº 2.

And yeah, beating Kongo and Rothwell is just as good as Beating Nelson and Rothwell, but the differece is that you have to add 3 more worthy fighters in cains list so he could equal AAs record, wich cain does not have, but since you mention, cain is at least top 6 at every single ranking, and is probably going to fight for the Nº1 after the lesnar vs Carwin fight.

About Fedor beating Cain, thats the problem, who is Fedor going to ahve to beat so the hate can stop??? If he beats Cain, yeah, cain's too green, if he beats lesnar...well if Cain is too green, Brock is even more, Carwin??? yeah, 10 cans and GG... See... there is no one relevant for him to beat, and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease dont say couture, Nog put a beating on him, and this nog is far away from his prime days...

By the way, do you know that Carwin wasnt training full time either more than a year ago? He was a part time fighter, just like Rogers.

Machida never fought in PRIDE, and AS made his name in the UFC, yeah, he couldnt hack in PRIDE, but went to the UFC and ruled, oh yeah, the UFC had the best fighters hu? Shogun didnto go to an rejuvination, he got his knee fixed and got more experience, also adapted his style to the UFC rules, his talent was always there. Wandy was coming of two brutal KOs from PRIDE, so is not like he was ruling PRIDE at the time either. CC just cant evolve, everyone knows what hes going to do, plus he lost his willing to fight.

The UFC is the biggest ORG, and hold most of the best fighters in the world, that doesnt mean it holds all the best fighters in the world, and certanly does not hold THE best HW in the world and the GOAT.

and also.... PRIDE>UFC. 3 PRIDE fighters came to the UFC and got the belt, No UFC fighter has successfully cross over to PRIDE and got any of the PRIDE belts.

thats not my top 10 list of HW's buddy that is a list of fighters that no other person could beat all of them. only fedor.

My top 10 HW list would be like this

Fedor
    Barnett
    Lesnar
    Rogers
    Nog
    Mir
    Randy
    Carwin
    Cain
    Sylvia

And Arona beating fedor u are high it was in Rings and there rules were no ground strikes and go ahead and watch it again yourself fedor won,

i doubt u have ever seen the fight u are just regurgitating info from other people.

and im tired of AA's glass jaw talk, have u seen the punches that KO'd him? aside from Timmy's flash KO all the shots would KO just about everyone. His weakness isnt his JAW IMO its hit straight back movement and not going side to side.

Serious how can u discredit fedor? why dont u touch on Timmy being the best UFC HW?
    most title defense's against top opponents?
    He lost to randy, and Nog in his fights before fedor, and he was whooping Nog untill that choke, so say waht u want but the fact is he is ranked number one and the only person who has a chance on your list is Lesnar
    I'm not discrediting Fedor, I'm discrediting Rogers. He knocked out AA, big deal. Fedor beating him does not prove anything great for Fedor, it was not expected that Rogers was going to give him any problems.

Fedor is probably the best HW out there, but he's not fighting as much, or as good of fighters that are currently in the HW class in the UFC. And maybe that's not his fault, maybe it's smart. But him beating Brett Rogers does not secure his legacy as the best fighter ever. He has some nice victories, but Brett Rogers is certainly not one he needs to brag about.

Brett Rodgers from this point on, will fall off as a ranked fighter. He beat 10 nobodies and then beat AA, that's all he's done in a very shallow class of fighters.

Maybe we should not be comparing Fedor to the fighters in the UFC but compare Rogers to them, how would rogers fair against:

Lesnar
    Randy
    Mir
    Nog
    Kongo
    Cain
    Nappa

If he could beat 2 of those guys, he'd be ranked about 8 on the HW list, but I'm not thinking he would be able to dominate any one of them, he has a 50/50 shot at the worse people on that list.

again, the subject is not discrediting Fedor himself, I'm discrediting his recent competion. I don't care who beat who in 2005, 2010 is right around the corner and your top fighters in 2005 are not your top fighters today. Shogun is the only real exception.

AA did not only beat Rothwell and Nelson, you are forgeting he beat Cruz (before the AA fight), O'brain and Werdum (who spanked GG ass TWICE)... so he was in a 5 winning streak to solid competition, that's why he was nº 2.

And yeah, beating Kongo and Rothwell is just as good as Beating Nelson and Rothwell, but the differece is that you have to add 3 more worthy fighters in cains list so he could equal AAs record, wich cain does not have, but since you mention, cain is at least top 6 at every single ranking, and is probably going to fight for the Nº1 after the lesnar vs Carwin fight.

About Fedor beating Cain, thats the problem, who is Fedor going to ahve to beat so the hate can stop??? If he beats Cain, yeah, cain's too green, if he beats lesnar...well if Cain is too green, Brock is even more, Carwin??? yeah, 10 cans and GG... See... there is no one relevant for him to beat, and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease dont say couture, Nog put a beating on him, and this nog is far away from his prime days...

By the way, do you know that Carwin wasnt training full time either more than a year ago? He was a part time fighter, just like Rogers.

Machida never fought in PRIDE, and AS made his name in the UFC, yeah, he couldnt hack in PRIDE, but went to the UFC and ruled, oh yeah, the UFC had the best fighters hu? Shogun didnto go to an rejuvination, he got his knee fixed and got more experience, also adapted his style to the UFC rules, his talent was always there. Wandy was coming of two brutal KOs from PRIDE, so is not like he was ruling PRIDE at the time either. CC just cant evolve, everyone knows what hes going to do, plus he lost his willing to fight.

The UFC is the biggest ORG, and hold most of the best fighters in the world, that doesnt mean it holds all the best fighters in the world, and certanly does not hold THE best HW in the world and the GOAT.

and also.... PRIDE>UFC. 3 PRIDE fighters came to the UFC and got the belt, No UFC fighter has successfully cross over to PRIDE and got any of the PRIDE belts.
    I love how you and A2theJ simply discredit my opinions because they are different than yours.

Do you guys think I just get opinions from Sherdog and run over here and post them? I'm not some 20 year old kid that just started watching MMA. I've been a MMA fan for a very long time. I watched Pride when no one knew what it was.

You guys don't think I've watched the Fedor/Arona fight? Nice. How about just searching my name on this board, I've posted a thread on it about a year ago and posted the link that Arona was robbed. He controled Fedor on the ground in that fight.

And what's with you thinking I consider Carwin any good? You are right, he's in the same boat as Rogers. Niether one of them should be in the top 10, Werdum deserves it more than they do, or even Overdeem.

Is it really that hard to understand though? Rogers is not a great fighter. Fedor is the number 1 HW, but he is not fighting the number 2, 3, or 4th best HW under him. How can those guys ever prove they are better? And how can he prove he's better than the number 2, 3, 4 guy if he's not fighting them?

In every other class, the number 1 guy, fights the top contender. Machita fights Shogun, Rashad. GSP fights Alves, Anderson fights Hedo and Franklin. Those guys that do that, and win, have proven somthing, buy fighting and beating the number 2 guys, some of them multiple times.

Fedor has not done that. His next fight will probably be againt Werdum, who is a good fighter, but he's not a top 5 fighter either and his striking is lagging a little to compete with Fedor. He's a beast on the ground, but I don't see Fedor getting Subbed by Werdum.

Fedor is the best fighter in the world right now period, is record speaks for itself, technical punch well yeah did you watch the fight, he timed is punch in Rogers face to knock him out, check the slow motion you will see.

I know that many people still judge him for not going to UFC where the top heavyweights are at the moment, but is decision was to remain with M1 global and strikeforce.

Rogers has its place in MMA ranking for sure, he is far from a great fighter but he go true round 1 against Fedor which is very good and he does have a good record.

Whats next for Fedor well not much the winner of that fight is suppose to fight Overeem who will probably fake an injury once again not to defend is strikeforce belt.

Has for Fedor well they now that he won the fight they will push him like crazy to get the ratings up, marketing is marketing.

To be quite honest I dont care anymore, i am an mma fan and will watch what i want to, if Fedor decides to stick with strikeforce then be it, I will continue to watch is fights in the future, i mean who knows if strikeforce and dream and M1 global do well maybe they can bring in some quality fighters, and not UFC rejects, guess the future will tell.

But Fedor is for real and against Lesner well i would not count him out just yet.

I love how you and A2theJ simply discredit my opinions because they are different than yours.

Do you guys think I just get opinions from Sherdog and run over here and post them? I'm not some 20 year old kid that just started watching MMA. I've been a MMA fan for a very long time. I watched Pride when no one knew what it was.

You guys don't think I've watched the Fedor/Arona fight? Nice. How about just searching my name on this board, I've posted a thread on it about a year ago and posted the link that Arona was robbed. He controled Fedor on the ground in that fight.

And what's with you thinking I consider Carwin any good? You are right, he's in the same boat as Rogers. Niether one of them should be in the top 10, Werdum deserves it more than they do, or even Overdeem.

Is it really that hard to understand though? Rogers is not a great fighter. Fedor is the number 1 HW, but he is not fighting the number 2, 3, or 4th best HW under him. How can those guys ever prove they are better? And how can he prove he's better than the number 2, 3, 4 guy if he's not fighting them?

In every other class, the number 1 guy, fights the top contender. Machita fights Shogun, Rashad. GSP fights Alves, Anderson fights Hedo and Franklin. Those guys that do that, and win, have proven somthing, buy fighting and beating the number 2 guys, some of them multiple times.

Fedor has not done that. His next fight will probably be againt Werdum, who is a good fighter, but he's not a top 5 fighter either and his striking is lagging a little to compete with Fedor. He's a beast on the ground, but I don't see Fedor getting Subbed by Werdum.
    No I dont discredit your opinion because is different than mine, but because you base on if not UFC it aint good. If Carwin is not legit, what the heck has the UFC to Offer than SF doesnt? I mean, Carwin is fighting the UFC champ if im not wrong??? Cain is legit? or is he too green (you said it yourself) whos left? Mir and Nog? Couture, yeah right... Not to mention you are bringin up shogun now, but you were the first one calling the Machida vs Shogun fight BS, that shogun has done anything to deserve the shot and that shogun pretty much was done.

And by the way, Fedor fought Tim (he was widly consider top 10 at the time), Fedor fought AA, while he was consider by EVERY SINGLE MMA SITE top 3. Fedor was going to fight Barnett, who was consider by every MMA SITE top 3 at the time.

The only single truth is that all the UFC has to offer that Fedor may not find outside the UFC is Brock Lesnar, the rest of the Division is just as good as the HWd outside the UFC.

goose is offline Banned
    No I dont discredit your opinion because is different than mine, but because you base on if not UFC it aint good. If Carwin is not legit, what the heck has the UFC to Offer than SF doesnt? I mean, Carwin is fighting the UFC champ if im not wrong??? Cain is legit? or is he too green (you said it yourself) whos left? Mir and Nog? Couture, yeah right... Not to mention you are bringin up shogun now, but you were the first one calling the Machida vs Shogun fight BS, that shogun has done anything to deserve the shot and that shogun pretty much was done.

And by the way, Fedor fought Tim (he was widly consider top 10 at the time), Fedor fought AA, while he was consider by EVERY SINGLE MMA SITE top 3. Fedor was going to fight Barnett, who was consider by every MMA SITE top 3 at the time.

The only single truth is that all the UFC has to offer that Fedor may not find outside the UFC is Brock Lesnar, the rest of the Division is just as good as the HWd outside the UFC.
    You know your stuff...well said.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I watched the fights last night and enjoyed everyone of them. Pretty good stuff.

This fight about Fedor will go on forever. Fact is he pulled it off and it wasn't too impressive, but not every fighter destroys everyone every fight. Hopefully he rebounds and carries his legacy as far as he can. I think Brett Rogers isn't getting a lot of credit tho...he is one tough cookie. He is knocking dudes out like no other and he almost beat Fedor last night fair and square. These debates go on forever whether a fighter proves themself or not. You basically make your pics and watch it happen. That's what is fun about all this.

On another note, Mousasi is still rolling but he had a hard victory last night. Let's see how he does. Bigfoot and Werdum was a good one too. I like that fight the most. Their BJJ was phenomenal for being as heavy as they were.

I'm not discrediting Fedor, I'm discrediting Rogers. He knocked out AA, big deal. Fedor beating him does not prove anything great for Fedor, it was not expected that Rogers was going to give him any problems.

Fedor is probably the best HW out there, but he's not fighting as much, or as good of fighters that are currently in the HW class in the UFC. And maybe that's not his fault, maybe it's smart. But him beating Brett Rogers does not secure his legacy as the best fighter ever. He has some nice victories, but Brett Rogers is certainly not one he needs to brag about.

Brett Rodgers from this point on, will fall off as a ranked fighter. He beat 10 nobodies and then beat AA, that's all he's done in a very shallow class of fighters.

Maybe we should not be comparing Fedor to the fighters in the UFC but compare Rogers to them, how would rogers fair against:

Lesnar
    Randy
    Mir
    Nog
    Kongo
    Cain
    Nappa

If he could beat 2 of those guys, he'd be ranked about 8 on the HW list, but I'm not thinking he would be able to dominate any one of them, he has a 50/50 shot at the worse people on that list.

again, the subject is not discrediting Fedor himself, I'm discrediting his recent competion. I don't care who beat who in 2005, 2010 is right around the corner and your top fighters in 2005 are not your top fighters today. Shogun is the only real exception.
    After yesterday, I see rogers beating everyone of that list but Lesnar.

Lesnar
    Randy
    Mir
    Nog
    Kongo
    Cain
    Nappa

And whats with the Couture thing man??? he beat who? Tim (the guy you bash constantly) and GG???? then who else??? and that was 2 years ago...
    Last edited by roid_rage; 11-08-2009 at 06:18 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information