Thread: Diet help (S.C)

NATTY is offline Associate Member

Diet help

Alright fellas's, I wanted to post my diet and let you guys pick it apart. Thanks for any and all input.
    First off, heres my shopping list, let me know whats missing and what should go.
    Chicken breasts
    Steaks
    Tuna
    Burgers (extra lean ground beef, and only occasionly)
    Pickerel fillets (fish)
    Turkey breast sandwich meat
    Turkey bites
    Cottage cheese
    Light cheese
    No fat Yogurt
    Oatmeal
    brown Rice
    Yams
    Sweet Potatoes
    Green Beans
    Brocoli
    Blueberries
    Strawberries
    Banana's
    Soy nuts
    Avacodoe
    Olive Oil (for cookin fish, chicken breast etc)
    Whole wheat bread
    Natural Peanut Butter
    Light Jam spread
    Soy beverage

Thats pretty much my shopping list.
    What I try to do is get my carbs in the morning and after I work out at night. For example when I wake up I will eat my a cup of oatmeal with some blueberries and have a protein shake as well. Then throughout the day I snack on high prtoein foods and some fats in the olive oil and the avacadoe and such, I will never mix carbs and fats together. I will also have protein shakes regularly throughout the day and immediately after i work out, and right before I go to bed at night. I also get my other carbs in after my workout in the form of brown rice for example.

Please let me know what you think guys as I am really trying to nail this diet, I have been on this diet for about 3 months or so now, and have seen pretty good results. I am down to about 8.5 or 10 percent body fat and my training is going real well but I jsut want to know what I could improve upon in my diet as that to me, is the most important part of training.
    Last edited by NATTY; 08-10-2004 at 02:24 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I dunno what the SC is for in your title, but you should never address a public question to one person, as that "disses" all the other bros that are here to help you out as well. I am assuming SC means me, but I could be mistaken.

In regards to your questions, the others will tell you to lay out your entire approach. Days you train and days you don't, as the dietary approach will most certainly differ.
    You'll want to refer to the stickies atop the page for help in laying down an outline if you actually don't have one yet.

Good luck!

~SC~

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NATTY
    Alright fellas's, I wanted to post my diet and let you guys pick it apart. Thanks for any and all input.
    First off, heres my shopping list, let me know whats missing and what should go.
    Chicken breasts
    Steaks
    Tuna
    Burgers (extra lean ground beef, and only occasionly)
    Pickerel fillets (fish)
    Turkey breast sandwich meat
    Turkey bites
    Cottage cheese
    Light cheese
    No fat Yogurt
    Oatmeal
    brown Rice
    Yams
    Sweet Potatoes

Green Beans
    Brocoli
    Blueberries
    Strawberries
    Banana's
    Soy nuts
    Avacodoe
    Olive Oil (for cookin fish, chicken breast etc)
    Whole wheat bread
    Natural Peanut Butter
    Light Jam spread
    Soy beverage

Thats pretty much my shopping list.
    What I try to do is get my carbs in the morning and after I work out at night. For example when I wake up I will eat my a cup of oatmeal with some blueberries and have a protein shake as well. Then throughout the day I snack on high prtoein foods and some fats in the olive oil and the avacadoe and such, I will never mix carbs and fats together. I will also have protein shakes regularly throughout the day and immediately after i work out, and right before I go to bed at night. I also get my other carbs in after my workout in the form of brown rice for example.

Please let me know what you think guys as I am really trying to nail this diet, I have been on this diet for about 3 months or so now, and have seen pretty good results. I am down to about 8.5 or 10 percent body fat and my training is going real well but I jsut want to know what I could improve upon in my diet as that to me, is the most important part of training.
    aren't yams and sweet potatos the same thing?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    aren't yams and sweet potatos the same thing?
    Technically, no.

Purpose wise, yes.

~SC~

Sorry Bro, no harm intended, although I see your point and apologize to any and all that were offended. All opinions and advice are welcome as I thought I made clear in my postby referring to "you guys" and "fella's". Anyway, anyone else have any input

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    post your diet bro, not a shopping list

DCB

meal1(wake up): 1 cup oatmeal with 3/4 cup blueberries
    Meal2(half hour after oatmeal): protein shake (42 grams)
    meal3: 8 eggs (one whole, 7 whites) with Soya beverage
    meal430-45mins after meal3) protein shake
    meal5: 1 can of tuna
    meal6: 250gr of fat free cottage cheese.
    meal7PWO) Protein shake
    Meal8: (PPWO) Brown rice/yam
    meal9: Beef jerky
    Meal10: 150gr turkey breasts
    Meal11 before bed Shake) Protein Shake

Thats pretty much my diet. As I said I also eat some fats in the form of avacodoe and in olive oil when i cook chcicken breasts etc. I would like to know what kinds of vegetables to incorporate into my diet and when to eat them etc. Also, for my PWO shake should i be getting in some dextrose as well, at what amount and with the protein? Any other commments on foods I am missing or should not be eating or suggestions are great thanks fellas.

P.S I am sorry I have no clue what happened with my last post, please ignore the little purple smiley men

I also drink about 2-3 gallons of water everyday.

So my diet is perfect.....? yeeeeeah!

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member
    i am definately not an expert in this area but what i think some of the guys might tell you is, that there is not enough fats (EFA'S) IN your current diet throw some flaxeed in meal 5....some dextrose in your PWO(they recommend that you try to get two pro/carb meals in after your workout)...put that protein shake w/ meal 1...and more fats over-all...again this is just what i see and don't take it in perfection as there are flaws in the way i eat too but i try to get as close as possible

Awesome, Thanks a lot bro, I appreciate the help. Your thoughts are almost exactly what I was thinking, thanks alot, good luck with your training and stay strong!

eggplant is offline Member
    i'll say refer to the sticky bro. i see that your meals are either solely protein and carbs by themselves..that's not good..

I try to eat my carbs alone yes, but when I eat fats I eat them with some fats. I am also going to start taking some flax seed oil. What about vegetables, any others I should be eating?

Sorry I eat high carb and protein and high fat and protein but never high carbs and high fats.

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NATTY
    meal7PWO) Protein shake

Thats pretty much my diet. As I said I also eat some fats in the form of avacodoe and in olive oil when i cook chcicken breasts etc. I would like to know what kinds of vegetables to incorporate into my diet and when to eat them etc. Also, for my PWO shake should i be getting in some dextrose as well, at what amount and with the protein? Any other commments on foods I am missing or should not be eating or suggestions are great thanks fellas.
    you need to read the sticky again.you need a pro/fat or pro/carb meal not protein on its own.pwo you need dextrose with your protein 2:1 ratio.
    you need to rewrite your diet and post it again.

xenithon is offline Member
    Well, this need major work. I will try my best but you seriously need a weekend away with the stickies. Comments = caps

JOIN MEAL 1 AND 2. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SEPARATING THEM? THESE 2 TOGETHER WOULD BE A DECENT MEAL OF PROTEIN AND CARBS. IMO I WOULD GET RID OF THE BLUEBERRIES THOUGH, UNNECCESSARY SUGARS. JUST HAVE THE OATS WITH THE PROTEIN.
    USELESS TO HAVE THESE TWO. I WOULD SUGGEST HAVING THE 8 EGGS, ONE WHOLE, AND ADD A FAT SOURCE SUCH AS FLAX, OLIVE OIL, NUTS ETC. GET RID OF THE SOYA - USELESS! AND REMOVE THE PROTEIN SHAKE. THE 8 EGGS ARE SUFFICIENT
    ADD A HEALTHY FAT SOURCE AND MAYBE SOME FIBROUS VEGES, LIKE A SALAD WITH OIL DRESSING
    ADD A FAT SROUCE - SOME FLAX OR NUTS PERHAPS
    meal7(PWO) Protein shake
    WHERE ARE THE CARBS?!!! MAKE IT PROTEIN AND DEXTROSE, IN A 2:1 RATIO OF CARBS TO PROTEIN
    WHERE'S THE PROTEIN?!!! ADD A VERY LEAN MEAT HERE, LIKE WHITE FISH, TURKEY, CHICKEN BREAST ETC. NO FAT HERE
    I WOULD NOT HAVE THE JERKY - TOO MUCH SALT IMO. RATHER MOVE DIRECTLY ONTO 'MEAL 10'
    ADD A HEALTHY FAT AND MAYBE SOME FIBROUS VEG
    MAKE SURE ITS A SLOW ACTING PROTEIN SUCH AS A BLEND, OR EGG PROTEIN OR OPTIMALLY CASEIN. ALSO ADD FLAX OIL OR PB TO FURTHER SLOW IT DOWN. TRY SOME FF COTTAGE HERE RATHER THAN A SHAKE.

THIS WAY YOUR DIET WILL BE STRUCTURED AS FOLLOWS:
    meal1(wake up): P/C EG. 8AM
    meal2: P/F EG. 10:30AM
    meal3: P/F EG. 1PM
    meal4: P/F EG. 3:30PM
    meal5(PWO): P/C EG. 6PM
    meal6(PPWO): P/C EG. 7PM
    meal7: P/F EG. 9:30PM
    Meal10(before bed): P/F EG. 12PM

Thread Information