Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    darkopz's Avatar
    darkopz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    35

    Diet for a skinny man. ;-)

    Please Critique away:

    Background:
    -----------

    Age: 24
    Height: 5'8"

    May-26-2004 Stats
    Weight: 115lbs (I got really sick and had surgery)

    August-26-2004 Stats
    Weight: 140lbs (63.5kilos)

    December-2004 (GOAL)
    Weight: 165lbs LBM by end of the year.

    BMR = 2866Cals ED

    Goal:
    Cal Intake = 3500cals ED
    Protein: 250g ED

    I would like to gain a lb every 2 days.

    Note: I am missing the part of my intestines that absorbs fat (from surgery) and
    I have a wickedly high metabolism. I have never been able to put on weight
    and have always _appeared_ to be able to eat anything I want without any
    fat.


    Diet:
    -----

    Meal 1: (Breakfast) 2 Bacon/Egg bisquit and Medium coke. (From McD's. horrible I know).
    ~950 Calories, 30g/protein.

    Meal 2: 100% Whey Protein Shake. 50g/protein 300 calories, 25gm Carbs

    Meal 3: (Lunch)Any chicken type food product. Normally around 660 calories + 30g protein + 30g Carbs.

    Meal 4: (PWO) Whey Protein shake. 50g/protein 300 calories, 25gm Carbs

    Meal 5: Anything I can find. I would like to change this to always pasta though. ~500 calories, 20g protein.

    Meal 6: (Dinner) Normally consists of meat (chicken/beef) and some pasta dish. ~600cals/30g protein

    Meal 7: 100% Whey Protein -> 300 cals, 25g carbs, 50 gs protein

    Totals:
    -------

    Calories: 3610
    Protein: 260

    Improvements I know I need:

    Get rid of the ****ty McD's. Its high in fat. But it's a good source of protein and cals.
    Reguarly stick to this diet. I dont always get this much in a day.

    I need to know how to get some more
    clean calories into my meal. I am almost never hungary
    throughout the day because I am always stuffing myself.

    Note: I read the sticky in the forum about dieting. That is what made me want to post my diet.

  2. #2
    fritz2435's Avatar
    fritz2435 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    right behind ya
    Posts
    809
    Def cut the McD's and add more carbs (oats for example) to your shake meals with only 300 cals. If your metabolism is extremely high and you have no trouble staying lean, just keep bumping up your cals until you feel you are gaining at a sufficient rate. Trial and error is how ya do it.

  3. #3
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Adding 1 true lb. every 2 days would yield TONS of fat gain.

    ~SC~

  4. #4
    darkopz's Avatar
    darkopz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Adding 1 true lb. every 2 days would yield TONS of fat gain.

    ~SC~
    I did gain about 25 lbs in 4 weeks. This, however, was probably my body getting back to a healthy weight after surgery. The wierd thing is that almost none of it was fat. I only have the smallest of fat deposits where my surgical scar is.

    So what I gather from your response is gaining a pound every 2 days is very unrealistic? Fair enough. Do my calories seem high enough to gain weight? I'm worried about hitting my max weight as I've never been above 150 (clean). I would, however, rather not gain any fat and have my LBM grow slowly, as opposed to gaining alot of weight, most of which is fat, then having to cut.

    Posted pic to show current physique.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diet for a skinny man. ;-)-andrew2_august_04.jpg  
    Last edited by darkopz; 08-29-2004 at 08:27 PM.

  5. #5
    darkopz's Avatar
    darkopz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    35
    Lost a few lbs according to the scale at the gym. This is actually quite interesting that I am losing weight even though I am eating a substantial amount of food. I've never been able to easily put on weight with normal test levels. Would this be a sign that my normal test levels are too low?

  6. #6
    darkopz's Avatar
    darkopz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    35
    Either my diet is perfect, or very uninteresting. Not getting many comments on it.

    Maybe this question will peak some interest.

    Why is it that I can eat an insame amount of food every day and still lose weight? I appear to have the opposite problem as everyone else in this world.

    btw I concider insane 3000+ cals ED.

  7. #7
    Chris_ATV is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    125
    Am i missing something?

  8. #8
    Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    350
    your diet needs altering alot you need to add fat.read the sticky and go from there.

  9. #9
    marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    393
    Have you read the anabolic diet? if done corectly, you can gain 2lb of bodyweight a week. and its pretty clean muscle too. PM me if you want more details on it.

  10. #10
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by marlin444
    Have you read the anabolic diet? if done corectly, you can gain 2lb of bodyweight a week. and its pretty clean muscle too. PM me if you want more details on it.

    2lbs of bodyweight in 1 week only = mostly fat/water.

    ~SC~

  11. #11
    darkopz's Avatar
    darkopz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    35
    Thanks for the info. Hadn't been able to reply as a huge hurricane was visiting florida...

  12. #12
    DirtyDog is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    48
    Dude im the same as you on this. I eat what I want and never get fat, its a real nuisance cos it means packing on muscle is harder.

    Things I do to get extra calories and keep the weight on are:

    60-70g dextrose drink after training then 50g whey about 30 mins after

    Take L-Glutamine before training and bed to reduce catabolism

    Add double cream to my shakes for the calories (can be a bit sickly sometimes)

    Add loads of olive oil to a tin of tuna. Its nearly 100% fat so there are sh1t loads of calories in that!

    Eat a bowl of porridge before bed to make sure my body has enough food to get it through the night without going catabolic

    Hope this helps a bit and if you or anyone else has any ideas for us calorie furnaces I would love to hear them!

  13. #13
    darkopz's Avatar
    darkopz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    35
    Well interesting to see im not the only one with this problem. Have you ever noticed that sometimes the more you eat, you actually start losing weight? I've seen that a few times. I think my body gets into the state where it just starts throwing away more and more food.

    I have been able to pack on a significant amount of weight when I raise my test levels with suppliments like pro-hormones and the like. I've wondered if there is a natural deficiency of test in my blood. However when I stop the weight slowly starts comming off. I can normally pack on twice as much weight as a 'normal' person during a pro-hormone phase, or even M1T. To quantify how much weight, I'm talking around 15-20lbs.

    Thanks for the info, I'll try those ideas out. Not sure about the oil in the tuna though.

  14. #14
    DirtyDog is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by darkopz
    Well interesting to see im not the only one with this problem. Have you ever noticed that sometimes the more you eat, you actually start losing weight? I've seen that a few times. I think my body gets into the state where it just starts throwing away more and more food.

    I have been able to pack on a significant amount of weight when I raise my test levels with suppliments like pro-hormones and the like. I've wondered if there is a natural deficiency of test in my blood. However when I stop the weight slowly starts comming off. I can normally pack on twice as much weight as a 'normal' person during a pro-hormone phase, or even M1T. To quantify how much weight, I'm talking around 15-20lbs.

    Thanks for the info, I'll try those ideas out. Not sure about the oil in the tuna though.
    I've been doing the cream and olive oil thing for about 2 weeks now. The L-Glutamine for about 4 weeks. My scales broke 2 weeks ago, I replaced them today and when I got on I had the pleasure of seeing I have put on 5 lb of lean muscle in the last 2 weeks! Nice, well chuffed!

    Definately a case of getting enough calories in each day with me.

    If I stop have a slack weekend where I go away or something and don't eat properly for a day or two I can lose 3 or 4 lbs of lean muscle. Which is really sh1t as it took so **** long to get in the first place

    When I did a 2 week M1T cycle I put on 7lb all of which I kept after PCT. Did you do proper PCT? If no then thats why you lost your gains, but if you did then i'd say its a diet or workout issue. Probably diet with a BMR like that!

  15. #15
    Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDog
    I've been doing the cream and olive oil thing for about 2 weeks now. The L-Glutamine for about 4 weeks. My scales broke 2 weeks ago, I replaced them today and when I got on I had the pleasure of seeing I have put on 5 lb of lean muscle in the last 2 weeks! Nice, well chuffed!

    Definately a case of getting enough calories in each day with me.

    If I stop have a slack weekend where I go away or something and don't eat properly for a day or two I can lose 3 or 4 lbs of lean muscle. Which is really sh1t as it took so **** long to get in the first place

    When I did a 2 week M1T cycle I put on 7lb all of which I kept after PCT. Did you do proper PCT? If no then thats why you lost your gains, but if you did then i'd say its a diet or workout issue. Probably diet with a BMR like that!
    WOW! 5lbs of lean muscle in 2 weeks.are you sure?

  16. #16
    darkopz's Avatar
    darkopz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    35
    I actually lost about 4 lbs during the hurricane in florida b/c I ran out of food. I believe it was water weight though because I gained it back when I started eating correctly again.

    Yeah it takes 2500+ calories just for me to maintain my weight. Another problem I experience has to do with my hunger sensors. I don't really 'get hungry'. If I dont think about it I can go over a day without eating. Luckily I haven't had to suffer through that in a while because I've trained my mind to think about eating because my stomach wont do it.

    I appeared to have kepy the weight from the M-1-T, but I'm still only 140lbs. After doing research in this forum I believe I ought to be able to have a maintanence weight of 170lbs without any suppliments. This is my goal. I'm always told by overweight people that I'm too skinny. I say overweight because our (US) society has come to accept overweight people and look down upon ideal weight males.

    I've looking to do a proper M-1-T cycle stacked with 4-Derm (for tiredness) and milk thistle for the liver of course, with a clomid PCT. I have 6-OXO for my last cycle but after reading other posts it appears 6-OXO isn't worth it.

  17. #17
    brian11's Avatar
    brian11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under the gym
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by darkopz
    I would like to gain a lb every 2 days.

    Note: I am missing the part of my intestines that absorbs fat (from surgery) and
    I have a wickedly high metabolism. I have never been able to put on weight
    and have always _appeared_ to be able to eat anything I want without any
    fat.


    Diet:
    -----

    Meal 1: (Breakfast) 2 Bacon/Egg bisquit and Medium coke. (From McD's. horrible I know).
    ~950 Calories, 30g/protein.

    Meal 2: 100% Whey Protein Shake. 50g/protein 300 calories, 25gm Carbs

    Meal 3: (Lunch)Any chicken type food product. Normally around 660 calories + 30g protein + 30g Carbs.

    Meal 4: (PWO) Whey Protein shake. 50g/protein 300 calories, 25gm Carbs

    Meal 5: Anything I can find. I would like to change this to always pasta though. ~500 calories, 20g protein.

    Meal 6: (Dinner) Normally consists of meat (chicken/beef) and some pasta dish. ~600cals/30g protein

    Meal 7: 100% Whey Protein -> 300 cals, 25g carbs, 50 gs protein

    Totals:
    -------

    Calories: 3610
    Protein: 260
    filthy...


    Example, meal 3. First of all you need mroe than 30g in a meal. Also, 30g prox4kcal= 120kcal; 30g carbsx4kcal=120kcal; 660-240=420; 420/9kcal (fat)= 47g fat. So not only are you mixing tons of fat with carbs, but the total fat is more than the protein. Sorry if the math is hard to follow.

    Dont just post your diet, post your proposed diet. One that is much cleaner than this.

  18. #18
    darkopz's Avatar
    darkopz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    35
    I've had mixed opinions about fat content though. I assume when people say there should be fat in the meal it should consist of good fat.

    You are probably correct with your math and the fat content. However I'm not sure im eating more fat than protein. Alot of the chicken I eat is fried which accounts for the fat part. For example, Chicken Fingers and Chicken Nuggets. However I also eat healthy skilleted chicken. I attempt to eat as much chicken as possible.

    My reasoning for eating anything I can is to gain weight. I have read about people wanting to really clean up their diet to reduce the amount of fat they put on compared to LBM. The issue I have is the inability to put on weight no matter what. If I stuck to a clean diet I'm afraid I would lose a tremendous amount of weight. As you can tell I have alot of issues with my diet to contend with.

    That being said, I have recently thought that maybe the reason I dont gain weight is because of all the fat I eat. If my body can't process it then it doesn't matter if I eat 5k calories if more than half of it is fat. It will just be wasted. My body has a very difficuly time processing fat. in other words, I expell most of it. This is definately not good because it's wasted calories.

    I'm thinking about switching to non-fried chicken and eating pan fried or baked chicken from now on to clean it up a bit.

  19. #19
    Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    350
    sounds like a good idea.clean up your diet and take clean calories in.i'm sure it will make a difference.

  20. #20
    DirtyDog is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass Quest
    WOW! 5lbs of lean muscle in 2 weeks.are you sure?
    Yeah def sure, I take have my bodyfat calibrated every week and it stayed exactly the same throughout.

    I looked back through my calender not long ago to see how my weight had increased and I noticed that I dont put weight on every week, then put on quite a bit in a short amount of time - random, but who cares as long as its going on!

    Dark Opz if you want a good read about M1T then check this out if you havn't already: M1t FAQ

    You say you eat alot of chicken but do you eat any red meat? Red meat has a higher fat content than white meat so its better for bulking especially for us harder gainers.

    You are right in what you say about the type of fat you should be eating. There are good and bad fats. I think the ones you want are polyunsaturated, monounsaturated and MCT's (medium chain tri-glycerides). Avoid saturated as this the one that can do harm to your body, you do need some but there is most likely enough in what you eat anyway - that means lay off the fried chicken and chicken nuggets! They are full of saturated fat and are generally poor quality chicken. Proper chicken breast fillets grilled, baked or fried in olive oil are what you want. They are much more digestable and have a higher nutritional value.

    Some good fat sources are olive oil, coconut oil, linseed oil, ground linseeds, red meat, nuts, avocados.....the list goes on. Do a search and see if you can find any more info on this and if you do then post it here or just the link. I will do the same.

    Good luck geeza

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •