Lama2004 is offline New Member

Please Critique my diet.

Hello everyone,

I'am currently trying to cut-up. I want to lower my Bodyfat from 14% to 8%. I'am not really sure if my current diet is planned out right. Which is why I would like some opinions and advice towards my current diet regimine.

Wake up 8:00 A.M.= Whey protein shake with a half of a can of tuna, and a serving of oatmeal. (36.5 grams of protein, 27 grams carbs)

Morning snack 10:00 A.M.= 7 egg whites with half of a carrot stick( 22 grams protein, 4 grams carbs)

Late-Morning Snack 11:30 A.M.= 1 serving of Whey Protein ( 21 grams protein)

Lunch 12:45 P.M.= Can of Tuna with 1/4 a serving of oatmeal (28 grams of protein, 8 grams of carbs)

Afternoon Snack 2:10 P.M.= Can of Tuna, half a stick of a carrot. (28 grams of protein, 4 grams carbs)

WORKOUT 2:45 P.M

Post Workout Meal 3:40-3:55 P.M.( Depends on what type of bodypart)= 1 serving of Cell-Tech (75 grams dextrose, 10 grams of creatine)

20-25 min following workout= 1 Whey Protein Shake with half of a can of tuna (36.5 grams of protein)

5:10 P.M.= 1 Can of Tuna with a half a stick of a carrot. (28 grams protein, 4 grams carbs)

Cardio Session 45 minutes-60 minutes(Only done 3 times a week)
    30 minutes after cardio session= 1 half a can a tuna~14 grams of protein)

7:00 P.M.= 1 can of Tuna(28 grams of protein)

8:30 P.M. = protein shake( 22 grams protein)

9:45 P.M. = half a can of tuna(14 grams protein)

Daily protein= 280-292 grams, Carbs = 122 grams, Fat = ?....2-3 grams?

So thats my current cut-up Diet. I think its lame... it needs more variety. My stats are; Age 18, weight is 172 lbs, 14% BF, height is 5 '8, and I'am a college student (don't know if it matters), I have a moderate metabolism, and my goal is to loose as much fat as possible while maintaining my muscle mass. I would really like to hear other people's advive and opinions if possible, please. Any advice I appreciated.

By the way, I ACCEPT(Don't Mind) ALL FORMS OF CRITICISM/OPINIONS, so don't hesitate to express your true thoughts , Thanks.
    Last edited by Lama2004; 09-04-2004 at 12:18 AM.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    In Red

Quote Originally Posted by Lama2004
    Hello everyone,

I'am currently trying to cut-up. I want to lower my Bodyfat from 14% to 8%. I'am not really sure if my current diet is planned out right. Which is why I would like some opinions and advice towards my current diet regimine.

Move Cardio Here

Wake up 8:00 A.M.= Whey protein shake with a half of a can of tuna, and a serving of oatmeal. (36.5 grams of protein, 27 grams carbs)

Fine.....but make sure it is atleast 45 minutes after cardio

Morning snack 10:00 A.M.= 7 egg whites with half of a carrot stick( 22 grams protein, 4 grams carbs)

You need fat here

Late-Morning Snack 11:30 A.M.= 1 serving of Whey Protein ( 21 grams protein)

Same thing.... you nee fat and space your meals 2 hours apart

Lunch 12:45 P.M.= Can of Tuna with 1/4 a serving of oatmeal (28 grams of protein, 8 grams of carbs)

You need fat here.....ditch the oatmeal too and up the protein

Afternoon Snack 2:10 P.M.= Can of Tuna, half a stick of a carrot. (28 grams of protein, 4 grams carbs)

More protein.....add fat...ditch the carrot

WORKOUT 2:45 P.M

Post Workout Meal 3:40-3:55 P.M.( Depends on what type of bodypart)= 1 serving of Cell-Tech (75 grams dextrose, 10 grams of creatine)

Where is the protein here?

20-25 min following workout= 1 Whey Protein Shake with half of a can of tuna
    (36.5 grams of protein)

No need for this.....add the whey to the PWO shake

5:10 P.M.= 1 Can of Tuna with a half a stick of a carrot. (28 grams protein, 4 grams carbs)

You need more protein and add carbs here......rice, potatos, wheat pasta, bread etc....

Cardio Session 45 minutes-60 minutes(Only done 3 times a week)
    30 minutes after cardio session= 1 half a can a tuna~14 grams of protein)

No cardio here..... move it to the morning

7:00 P.M.= 1 can of Tuna(28 grams of protein)

You need fat here..... but space this meal out another hour from your PPWO meal.

8:30 P.M. = protein shake( 22 grams protein)

You need fat here..... but space this meal out atleast 2 hours

9:45 P.M. = half a can of tuna(14 grams protein)

You need fat here.....and a lot more protein. And space this meal 2 hours apart as well

Daily protein= 280-292 grams, Carbs = 122 grams, Fat = ?....2-3 grams?

So thats my current cut-up Diet. I think its lame... it needs more variety. My stats are; Age 18, weight is 172 lbs, 14% BF, height is 5 '8, and I'am a college student (dont know if it matters), I have a moderate metabolism, and my goal is to loose as much fat as possible while maintaining my muscle mass. I would really like to hear other people's advive and opinions if possible, please. Any advice I appreciate.

By the way, I ACCEPT ALL FORMS OF CRITICISM/OPINIONS, so dont hesitate to express your true thoughts , Thanks.

Your diet needs a lot of work......try making some changes and re-post the diet again and it will be critiqued once more. Hope that helped a little
    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 09-04-2004 at 12:49 AM.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    You should really read the cutting sticky too and get to know the basics of a cutting diet..... http://forums.anabolicreview.com/showthread.php?t=75729

You should really read the cutting sticky too and get to know the basics of a cutting diet..... http://forums.anabolicreview.com/showthread.php?t=75729

Your diet needs a lot of work......try making some changes and re-post the diet again and it will be critiqued once more. Hope that helped a little
    Thanks man, I appreciate it alot . After I research and put some more thought into my diet plan, I'll post the changes. Thanks again.

By the way...deosn't creatine produce similar effects of whey protein for a Post workout meal.....I mean, in terms of muscle growth and recovery?

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    By the way...deosn't creatine produce similar effects of whey protein for a Post workout meal.....I mean, in terms of muscle growth and recovery?
    Absolutely not.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Oh God no!!!!!!!!! Bruh.......one is protein (amino acids, a macronutrient, etc.) the other is a supplement............very different. I encourage you to learn a lot about the differences by learning each of their respective qualities.

~SC~

So should I just add 1 serving of Whey protein powder to the Cell-Tech? Or should I completely drop the supplement and just get dextrose and add protein to that?

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    So should I just add 1 serving of Whey protein powder to the Cell-Tech? Or should I completely drop the supplement and just get dextrose and add protein to that?
    go with the dex and protein 2:1 ratio

Thread Information