Thread: Gaining Muscle

DaddySherles is offline Junior Member

Gaining Muscle

In my Care & Treatment of Athletic Injuries class, the book says you have to eat 2,500 calories to gain a pound of muscle. I lift weights 4-5 times a week, but I also play ball about 4-5 times a week and atleast 2 days are a couple hours of full-court basketball. So, in order for me to gain muscle while working out, how many calories am I going to have to put in and how many grams of protein and fat should I be eating with alot of calories being burnt. I weight 171 lbs. and I am 5'8-5'9. HOLLA BACK

UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

read that and you will get your daily caloric intake needs, then bump them up however much you think needed, if off cycle probably 500 a day...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddySherles
    In my Care & Treatment of Athletic Injuries class, the book says you have to eat 2,500 calories to gain a pound of muscle. I lift weights 4-5 times a week, but I also play ball about 4-5 times a week and atleast 2 days are a couple hours of full-court basketball. So, in order for me to gain muscle while working out, how many calories am I going to have to put in and how many grams of protein and fat should I be eating with alot of calories being burnt. I weight 171 lbs. and I am 5'8-5'9. HOLLA BACK

~SC~

fritz2435 is offline Member
    3600 cals = 1 lb of body weight (not muscle though )

Thread Information